the end?

Search This thread

harvey1483

Nov 29, 2014
Hi.
I love htc. I love this phone. I got one question, does the support of u12+ is killed by htc? No update, no news about future's update info... Just wandering..... :(

I think so! Google maps doesn't work properly by months, no fix update, nothing! On my Htc u12+ Cid Europe Maps is impossible to update to the last version, the only version is working is 10.18.2.
We'll never see Android 10!

MadBastard

Nov 6, 2008
Aix-la-Chapelle

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
works fine, but the next day the maps are freezing again

I did a lot of testing with this and came to the conclusion that Google Maps 10.x only works well when you are running Pie.

I downgraded to Oreo and Google Maps was lagging and nonresponsive. I started installing each version previous and none of the 10.x versions worked. However, all of the 9.x versions works flawlessly.

I'm running Oreo, stock rooted, with Google Maps 9.88.2 and have no issues.

You can download older versions from here: https://google-maps.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

Hope this helps as this was very frustrating

Reactions: -4ndr01d-

pan-x

Nov 20, 2009
Default (Pie) version of Maps (10.18.2) works fine for me

I did a lot of testing with this and came to the conclusion that Google Maps 10.x only works well when you are running Pie.

I downgraded to Oreo and Google Maps was lagging and nonresponsive. I started installing each version previous and none of the 10.x versions worked. However, all of the 9.x versions works flawlessly.

You can download older versions from here: https://google-maps.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

Reactions: -4ndr01d-

sonny123

Jan 6, 2008
Something new with freezing new Google Maps??

I have this. I uninstalled updates and then uninstalled the app. Reinstalled, updated but not luck. As soon as phone temp hits 41/42 deg C Maps starts freezing again. Really strange.

It's prob not related, but that same day and has continued till now, my phone gets very hot. Did all the usual things (reboot, check apps, running services, used BOOST+ to clear caches etc.)...no change. Apps are fine and running as normal. I don't use any ram or batt apps. Back of the phone, bottom is very hot. Resting temp use to be 26-28 Deg C. Now it is 35 Deg C. Max usage temp was 35 Deg C, now after just 10-15m of general use it shoots up to 42 Deg C! WTF?

I am a light user: I don't game or play videos.

Been with HTC for as long as I can remember. Hopefully, I can get this sorted. Only had it for a few months :(

I contacted HTC and they said I will have to pay for a repair because bootloader is unlocked. Even if I re-lock, they will still charge. It has to go to Poland. If I can't afford the repair, they ask for £27 to return device to me.

They told me to boot into 'safe made' and see if that's causing temp to rise. No change. I am running Android Pie with leedroid Rom (loaded via Magisk) and no recovery. UI tweaks 'add on' from LEEDROID had 2 options in the advanced menu:
'Wipe Cache'
'Wipe Dalvik Cache'

Tried that but temp is still in 40s and Batt is draining fast ;(, compared to last few months when resting temp was 25-28 Deg C

Last edited:

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
I am in 2.55.401.1 with the last version of Google maps and no lag. Actualy i never had a problem with Google Maps with the phone.

Make sure you have the last version and maybe try to install it manually some version.

sonny123

Jan 6, 2008
I have this. I uninstalled updates and then uninstalled the app. Reinstalled, updated but not luck. As soon as phone temp hits 41/42 deg C Maps starts freezing again. Really strange.

It's prob not related, but that same day and has continued till now, my phone gets very hot. Did all the usual things (reboot, check apps, running services, used BOOST+ to clear caches etc.)...no change. Apps are fine and running as normal. I don't use any ram or batt apps. Back of the phone, bottom is very hot. Resting temp use to be 26-28 Deg C. Now it is 35 Deg C. Max usage temp was 35 Deg C, now after just 10-15m of general use it shoots up to 42 Deg C! WTF?

I am a light user: I don't game or play videos.

Been with HTC for as long as I can remember. Hopefully, I can get this sorted. Only had it for a few months :(

I contacted HTC and they said I will have to pay for a repair because bootloader is unlocked. Even if I re-lock, they will still charge. It has to go to Poland. If I can't afford the repair, they ask for £27 to return device to me.

They told me to boot into 'safe made' and see if that's causing temp to rise. No change. I am running Android Pie with leedroid Rom (loaded via Magisk) and no recovery. UI tweaks 'add on' from LEEDROID had 2 options in the advanced menu:
'Wipe Cache'
'Wipe Dalvik Cache'

Tried that but temp is still in 40s and Batt is draining fast ;(, compared to last few months when resting temp was 25-28 Deg C

Update: Woke up and phone was at 26 Deg C. Using the phone very little at the moment, which is a good thing because I can do more important things! Batt is okay on standby: in 15 hours gone from 95% to 70%. This includes overnight with no use and just checking few emails in the morning and typing this post. > Gone to 34 Deg C now.

I will continue to monitor it. Worst case scenario: I have to use the phone a lot less, which is not a bad thing.

I volunteer for a charity and in an hour I will be delivering meals to the elderly. So, a lot of maps, GPS, network + screen brightness on high. This will be a good test.

sonny123

Jan 6, 2008
Just got back from the meal deliveries. Some good news: Much better than the other day. No glitches and although I was turning the screen off a bit, the max temp was 42 Deg C.

Behaving itself a bit more, but still warmer than usual and battery drain is extra 10-15% worse off. Fingers crossed it gets better.

Tonight I will let batt run down to zero and then charge to 100 *if* that will help/reset?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to wipe data from Google play services. It solved my issues.
    works fine, but the next day the maps are freezing again

Default (Pie) version of Maps (10.18.2) works fine for me