Xoom uses gorilla glass

Search This thread

AndyMan386

Sep 4, 2008
I am so happy when I found that Xoom uses gorilla glass!

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/45520?tstart=0

I did not know this :)

Nice, so I do not need to put screen protector! It's ugly and I hate screen protector :)

Oh well, I still need to wait it comes to Europe :(

I work for corning, and when it comes to what products do and dont have gorilla, they keep it very hush hush.. Pretty much sounds like its a need to know type thing. They only put it on the website if they get the ok from the manufacture, which you can do a search on motorolas website for gorilla glass, and motorola will come out saying "x" phone has it, but yet corning hasnt updated the gorilla glass website. grrrr

gogol

May 20, 2005
Andy,

But, is it true that Motorola Xoom uses gorilla glass from Corning?

I still could not believe it because it is not in the official Xoom spec.

I work for corning, and when it comes to what products do and dont have gorilla, they keep it very hush hush.. Pretty much sounds like its a need to know type thing. They only put it on the website if they get the ok from the manufacture, which you can do a search on motorolas website for gorilla glass, and motorola will come out saying "x" phone has it, but yet corning hasnt updated the gorilla glass website. grrrr

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
That's incredible if that's true. My dell streak 7 had it & its a godsend

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

AndyMan386

Sep 4, 2008
Andy,

But, is it true that Motorola Xoom uses gorilla glass from Corning?

I still could not believe it because it is not in the official Xoom spec.

I honestly don't know. Personally I would they it would, given its in some of motorolas other products, and that they wanted the Xoom to be a higher end quality product. But I have not heard it confirmed by either company

MrZ123

Nov 5, 2007
I have a Droid (original) and it had Gorilla Glass, I love it. I have never used a screen protector and after 1.5 years of heavy use I have basically no major scratches.

I really hope the Xoom has Gorilla Glass too...

BBruin66

Jun 29, 2009
Maine
Ill second the lack of scratches on my droid, great stuff. I laugh at people who put screen protectors on it. Those are so soft they get scratches easily and then make people think that ther screen got saved when in reality it would have been fine. Just don't put it in your diamond filled pocket and you'll be fine.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

setite

Apr 25, 2006
is that why there are no screen protectors for the xoom.. iw as wondering wtf was up.

TheZuneLune

Dec 12, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have a Droid (original) and it had Gorilla Glass, I love it. I have never used a screen protector and after 1.5 years of heavy use I have basically no major scratches.

I really hope the Xoom has Gorilla Glass too...

My Droid has succumbed to too many face plants on hard surfaces like hardwood floors, parking lots, and slickrock. The touchscreen has a big black mark that looks like a gash, but it isn't. Now it does all sorts of crazy things like send texts without me touching the device. Don't get me wrong, i think it would have shattered like iphones do without the gorilla glass. I drop things a lot.

Trying to hold out for th Thunderbolt to replace it, but the delays are not making it easier.

helcat101

Jan 17, 2012
Xoom gorilla glass

corninggorillaglass . com / products-with-gorilla / motorola

It is listed now! So I assume it does.

helcat101

Jan 17, 2012
Gorilla Glass For Xoom

Official Message from Motorola.
Xoom Does NOT have Gorilla Glass. Even thou its listed on the Gorilla Glass Site!

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.

I do apologize but the display of the Motorola XOOM is not made of Corning Gorilla Glass. I'm so sorry for that inconvenience.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services,
Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

gellofish

Jan 26, 2009
Xoom Does NOT have Gorilla Glass. Even thou its listed on the Gorilla Glass Site!

I do apologize but the display of the Motorola XOOM is not made of Corning Gorilla Glass. I'm so sorry for that inconvenience.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

I beg to differ:p

willysp

Apr 6, 2010

Funny - contact enough random CSR's and you'll hear about every answer whether true or not.

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose

That guy is a fool

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts