Votes: 300 52.4%
  • Yes, I've got a misty silver Arc with cracks

Votes: 42 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 40.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kistigun

Last week i've noticed some cracks in the housing of my Arc :( I did no drop it or anything and i keep it in a hardened leather case when i'm not using it.

The cracks apear arround the black sensor at the left to the ear speaker(is this the light sensor?) and arround the volume buttons on the right.

I've did some searching on the net and found a few other people on the dutch GOT forum with the same cracks on the Arc. Anyone on XDA got these problems?

Last edited:
Reactions: OverLo4d

bill.d

May 7, 2011
i have the same problem! a tiny hairline crack has appeared just above the black sensor at the top left of the handset, i keep my arc in a hard leather case and have never dropped it.....really crappy cheap plastic:(

thomassafca

Jun 18, 2010
Amersfoort
Saw someone on the dutch SE FB page with the same problem. He was told to go to a phoneshop to have it checked ;)

Last edited:

rmk152

Jun 14, 2009
Could it be related to the Heating problem? My arc does get rather warm up there when playing games for a while.

Poker gypsy

Jun 24, 2011
I have the same problem above the light sensor just a little bit to the right of the center! Can it be because when you put it in your pocket? And no flex?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
Wtf? Same here. Next to the sensor.

They're very small and hard to notice atm, but I'm going to keep an eye on this.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

dubist

Apr 30, 2011
i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

Last edited:

kistigun

I've contacted Sony Ericsson about it on the dutch SE facebook page this was the response:

Sony Ericsson Nederland Ik heb er hier op facebook eerder een melding van gekregen, maar kan zeggen dat het een algemeen bekend probleem is. Ik zou willen vragen of je de arc ter beoordeling bij een service locatie kan laten zien. Om je een service locatie te adviseren zou ik graag willen weten in de buurt van welke plaatst dat zou moeten zijn. Dank je.

translated by google:
Sony Ericsson Netherlands I'm here on facebook previously been reported, but say it is a well known problem. I would like to ask if you arc under review by a service center can show. To get a service location to advise, I would like to know which places near it should be. Thank you.

So in other words it's a well known problem, i've emailed them today with some pictures. I'll keep you all updated when i get a response

oXunknownXo

Aug 29, 2010
I've contacted Sony Ericsson about it on the dutch SE facebook page this was the response:

Sony Ericsson Nederland Ik heb er hier op facebook eerder een melding van gekregen, maar kan zeggen dat het een algemeen bekend probleem is. Ik zou willen vragen of je de arc ter beoordeling bij een service locatie kan laten zien. Om je een service locatie te adviseren zou ik graag willen weten in de buurt van welke plaatst dat zou moeten zijn. Dank je.

translated by google:
Sony Ericsson Netherlands I'm here on facebook previously been reported, but say it is a well known problem. I would like to ask if you arc under review by a service center can show. To get a service location to advise, I would like to know which places near it should be. Thank you.

So in other words it's a well known problem, i've emailed them today with some pictures. I'll keep you all updated when i get a response
When mine got repaired they told me nobody knew about this...interesting...

I posted this thread in another big forum(htcmania) and there are also some of us with this problem, for the record i think all our ARCs are from Germany.

EDIT: forget about the Germany thing, one guy with ARC vodafone Spain and another one with ARC Movistar Spain got them too...it seems that only happens with the blue one...

Last edited:

bill.d

May 7, 2011
When mine got repaired they told me nobody knew about this...interesting...

I posted this thread in another big forum(htcmania) and there are also some of us with this problem, for the record i think all our ARCs are from Germany.

EDIT: forget about the Germany thing, one guy with ARC vodafone Spain and another one with ARC Movistar Spain got them too...it seems that only happens with the blue one...

did they charge you for the repair? im starting to think i should return this to get it fixed, i dont want it to get worse as i am tied into this contract for a while. if its a known issue it should get fixed under warrenty shouldnt it?

oXunknownXo

Aug 29, 2010
did they charge you for the repair? im starting to think i should return this to get it fixed, i dont want it to get worse as i am tied into this contract for a while. if its a known issue it should get fixed under warrenty shouldnt it?

Yes they did, 30€, they said SE didn't know about this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THING ( A EMAIL OF SONY) :

Our Blogs Support Forum Facebook
    Hi radheck,

In regards to your inquiry about the reinforced housing for the Xperia™ arc, we have investigated the issue and we are happy to confirm this. We are using reinforced components to make the Xperia™ arc.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please reply to us at SEAnswers.Us@Support.SonyEricsson.com, or our Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/SEAnswers.

Best regards, Lidia Sony Ericsson Social Media Team

IF YOU LIKE , PICK THANKS
    If you have this crack and would like the front cover replaced you should contact your local support team for more info. Now days a improved front cover is being used.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The Arc S doesn't have the house cracking problem.
    Your welcome.

I must be honest, I also checked out other models and I then only found one that would interest me if I could choose a new one. And it would be the Samsung Galaxy S II... In the future maybe the Sony Xperia S. But I would wait a few months and see if it would suffer from the same problems as the Arc (s) ...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    I've contacted SE Belgium through facebook and they told me the crack is in fact a crack in the paint and doesn't affect the phone's safety...

Mine has also been sent for repair... still waiting though. Hope it's fixed permanently..

In Belgium your phone is repaired by Dynafix, so don't count on it getting repaired for free. But still, know your rights. In Belgium you have the right to DEMAND a free and instant replacement during the first 6 months after the purchase, unless they seller can prove you caused the problem by abusing your phone.

So, if it's not repaired, you can actually demand them to give you a new phone. Ask them if they have one in stock before you tell them you have every right to get a new phone.

And get a receipt. Your 2-year warranty period RESTARTS when you get a new device.

(warranty in Belgium is pretty awesome, shame nobody knows it)
    i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

that photo is identical to the crack on mine