[POLL] What new features do you want to have in OsBuilder future releases

Search This thread

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
We decided to start a survey for OsBilder users. The question of it is the following:

What new options/settings/possibilities do you want to have in future releases of the program?
Please leave the detailed description of these options, as well as specify the reason why they so are necessary or desirable for you.
Your ideas and recommendations could be useful for further development of the program.
Do not post requests to implement complete support for building ROMS for some definite device name or brand - Barin cannot buy all the brands available at the market to carry out tests with them.
If you stubbornly want this support – you are free to buy and send a desired device to Barin for testing. :)
Requests to add one or another program option without giving a reason to do it – won’t be under consideration.
Requests to translate program interface into any language other than English and Russian won’t be answered here. We can only talk about the options related directly to functionality of DumpTool and OSBuilder features.
Concerning bug reports for currently implemented features – they should be also posted in the main OsBuilder thread.

Note about the Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder for WP7.

The OsBuilder developers and the other members of asusmobile team get a lot of PMs from xda rom-cooking guys with the requests to implement kinda “rom protection” feature for WP7 roms.
Guys and gals!
For the moment only one developer has a real reason to protect his own work. It’s DFT, because DFT makes real development. With unique programs and features included. With new cool possibilities enabled.
But DFT is able to PERFECTLY protect their work without our humble assistance.
The rest of us guys – have NOTHING to protect. All of us have the identical registry tweaks, unlocks etc.
Protection of your personal “eye candy” stuff is considered to be a waste of time – all nice pictures are available in web.
So guys – please stop PM-ing about WP7 rom protection – at least until we all start to really develop WP7 – not just dump stocks and rebuild them moving away some langs and adding some pictures.
One more important thing: dumping DFT PROTECTED roms will NEVER be implemented as DumpTool feature.

Last edited:

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
Base OS.nb file is over 300Mb in the kitchen. So I have to rebuild it into smallest size manually. (after reduced its size about 20Mb)
My suggestion is OSbuilder will auto reduce base OS.nb after run dump/create packages to get smallest kitchen folder size. Thanks so much.
Regards.

Reactions: willy.delannee

-=Barin=-

Retired Recognized Developer
May 5, 2008
Base OS.nb file is over 300Mb in the kitchen. So I have to rebuild it into smallest size manually. (after reduced its size about 20Mb)
My suggestion is OSbuilder will auto reduce base OS.nb after run dump/create packages to get smallest kitchen folder size. Thanks so much.
Regards.

We are working on it, but we don't have enough info about some data structures in NB to recreate them. If you have all info about them, please PM me. (logical/checkpoint sectors recreation, mapping tables, etc...)

EDIT: nhathoa, thanks for your advice in PM

Last edited:

Nokser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2008
Warsaw
mcodingset.com
Regards.

If we get any new *.nbh file then OSBuilder display error, but if we get os.nb.payload from this same ROM, then OSBuilder support this file

Important:
OSbuilder:
- In this moment no extract/dump of some files *. nb0 (SAMSUNG), and *.nbh (exam. HTC Spark/Mozart/Mango)

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Guys, this message is about Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder.

The OsBuilder developers and the other members of asusmobile team get a lot of PMs from xda rom-cooking guys with the requests to implement kinda “rom protection” feature for WP7 roms.
Guys and gals!
For the moment only one developer has a real reason to protect his own work. It’s DFT, because DFT makes real development. With unique programs and features included. With new cool possibilities enabled.
The rest of us guys – have NOTHING to protect. All of us have the identical registry tweaks, unlocks etc.
Protection of your personal “eye candy” stuff is considered to be a waste of time – all nice pictures are available in web.
So guys – please stop PM-ing about WP7 rom protection – at least until we all start to really develop WP7 – not just dump stocks and rebuild them moving away some langs and adding some pictures.

One more important thing: dumping DFT PROTECTED roms will NEVER be implemented as DumpTool feature.

This message will be added to the first post

Last edited:

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
will ROM protection ever be implemented in future version of OS Builder?
though, i suppose, one knows they have a 'good' ROM when others' 'take' from it.

would like to see...
a. Settings be save-able and imported
b. being able to import .CAB files (i.e. OEM firmware updates)

also, in the current version of OS Builder,
if Expand/Collapse button is Expanded and the content is refreshed, the Expand/Collapse button doesn't revert to Expand even though it is Collapsed.
hope that made sense.

Reactions: acbcbo

hossam.salah

Apr 18, 2011
Really hope i well see other web viewer like opera or firefox
Maybe we well see a new way to custom our home screen

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
hossam.salah, heh :)

I would also like to have new opera and customized homescreen.... And even something else... :) like new WP7 phone set :)

Hate to disappoint you, but we discuss here future OsBuilder features. OsBuilder does not provide any new OEM packages or custom screens. It's an advanced tool for creating roms.

So your dreams should be published maybe in WP7 Software development thread...

POLL What new features do you want to have in OsBuilder future releases

Hey guys What apps do you use most and are best with HTC HD2?
because we can get widgets made to link these apps on the touchxperince homescreen
mine in google maps with street view

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We decided to start a survey for OsBilder users. The question of it is the following:

What new options/settings/possibilities do you want to have in future releases of the program?
    Please leave the detailed description of these options, as well as specify the reason why they so are necessary or desirable for you.
    Your ideas and recommendations could be useful for further development of the program.
    Do not post requests to implement complete support for building ROMS for some definite device name or brand - Barin cannot buy all the brands available at the market to carry out tests with them.
    If you stubbornly want this support – you are free to buy and send a desired device to Barin for testing. :)
    Requests to add one or another program option without giving a reason to do it – won’t be under consideration.
    Requests to translate program interface into any language other than English and Russian won’t be answered here. We can only talk about the options related directly to functionality of DumpTool and OSBuilder features.
    Concerning bug reports for currently implemented features – they should be also posted in the main OsBuilder thread.

Note about the Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder for WP7.

Guys and gals!
    Guys, this message is about Rom-Protection feature of OsBuilder.

Guys and gals!

This message will be added to the first post
    need a step by step guide.

This thread is not intended for step by step guides.
    Use search engine and please don't turn this thread to the garbage
    Sammy rainbow-powered devices are already supported.
    In this moment no extract/dump of some files *. nb0 (SAMSUNG), and *.nbh (exam. HTC Spark/Mozart/Mango)
    OSbuilder supports Mozart/Spark stock rom, but do not try to dump DFT protected ROMs.
    Btw i've got Mozart and i made the dump with OSBuilder :)