SAMSUNG Y U NO GIVE US ICS KERNEL SOURCE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nicktuso

Mar 12, 2011
Tampa, FL
+_cce0d2a0490db5d29d0be1cb77edaa03.jpg

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Thanks, Filled them both out.

Here ya go! https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp go there and click webmail in the right corner. theres even an option to add" request for source code" as subject of the email! :D

Second post here also has another link, filled this one out yesterday.
http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/

I'm filling out both though, really bug Sammy

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING CM7

Last edited:

cyberknet

Dec 27, 2007
Cookies, man. Lots of cookies, but no ice cream. :)

If I get ICC (Ice Cream Cone) instead of ICS then I'm going to wonder if AT&T sold me a KIRF :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
For those devs who are paying close attention to this and are eagerly awaiting source: do you guys have any ideas as to what kinds of ROMs you want to make once you have it? Anything you have in mind already, e.g. making brand new ROMs, updating current ones to ICS, particular styles/themes/etc? Personally, I'd love to see an optimized stock Samsung ICS ROM with TW, but I'm wondering what you guys want to make.

...or if you don't want to share/wanna keep it a secret/have nothing in mind, that's cool too. Ya know, whatever floats your boat.

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
For those devs who are paying close attention to this and are eagerly awaiting source: do you guys have any ideas as to what kinds of ROMs you want to make once you have it? Anything you have in mind already, e.g. making brand new ROMs, updating current ones to ICS, particular styles/themes/etc? Personally, I'd love to see an optimized stock Samsung ICS ROM with TW, but I'm wondering what you guys want to make.

...or if you don't want to share/wanna keep it a secret/have nothing in mind, that's cool too. Ya know, whatever floats your boat.

I'll probably build from AOSP, it's so much more like TouchWiz this time around. The only feature missing that I want is swipe to call/message in Contacts.

jeboo

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2010

As close to stock as possible with the popular mods..Kind of took that approach with XLA4, using Unnamed as my "target." Got it 90% done and was gonna release, but ICS stole my thunder. Also, I don't like JKays (stability issues), so it was a bit more work than usual!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: ddominator

boyettdw

Mar 30, 2008
Just got this email response from Samsung this morning :)

♦ model name : Galaxy S II i9100 ♦

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest on our product.

Today we publish open source code for Android 4.0.3 version of GT-I9100.

You can download it on OSRC website. (opensource.samsung.com)
- filename: GT-I9100_ICS_Opensource_Update4.zip

Thank you!
Sincerely yours,

Last edited:

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
Wait.. I thought source was released? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332164479966.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332164479966.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 115

jeboo

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2010
Just got this email response from Samsung this morning :)

♦ model name : Galaxy S II i9100 ♦

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest on our product.

Today we publish open source code for Android 4.0.3 version of GT-I9100.

You can download it on OSRC website. (opensource.samsung.com)
- filename: GT-I9100_ICS_Opensource_Update4.zip

Thank you!
Sincerely yours,

You may find the source code

Amazing!! Gonna be a busy week I see...:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I checked OSRC BEFORE checking XDA. :)

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMBLE!!!!

Bad news is - they released it AFTER the weekend and I think I may need to go out and run errands tonight after work. :(

But I WILL start working it - due to not having a weekend in there it'll be a few days before I have anything usable.
    .. if you haven't gathered this by now this thread is the only one staying open to discuss whatever ICS rumors there are. We already have ICS?? threads popping up just about everyday, I don't see what the point in closing this thread would be. We'd just end up with another one in 5 minutes. Also ... why do YOU want this thread closed.. because we don't have source? .. um OK. What's your point?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

eortizr is clueless - one of the primary reasons Baby Pacifier has its name.

Source release estimate is completely unknown. Samsung has taken as long as a month to release sources, in other cases it's days. On I9100, if they delay too much they're in for a ****storm. They were lucky to get away with it on the Infuse, but there weren't many people.
    I just phoned SamsungUK, and I spoke to a nice woman named Katie who CONFIRMED the ICS update hits the UK SGSII on March 19th :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Poland and a few other countries are getting it today.

We have binaries already for XXLPQ, but still no source. Don't go PMing me when you see source - I am checking opensource.samsung.com on a daily basis, if you catch it before I do, you'll just annoy me by letting me know of the drop when I can't do anything with it.
    Ok so I understand we need kernel sources otherwise were basically just out of luck on this, but hasn't the I9100 already received like leaked builds from Samsung or whatever, for 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 with the 3.x kernel? because then wouldnt it be possible to look at the architectural similaries of these two and bring it over from there rather than trying to figure it out from the GN to i777?

Leaks are an annoying corner case with regards to the GPL - since Samsung never actually "provided" the build to us - they aren't obligated to provide sources for said build.

Once I9100 ICS goes official, there will be kernel sources, and porting to I777 should not be difficult. The main change is a few lines of code in the touchkey driver and maybe a few tweaks to the audio drivers.

My estimate: Once I9100 ICS kernel sources go live, we'll have working touchkeys in only a day or two (basically, it depends on if I'm busy with other things when that happens). Call audio could be a whole other story - but until we get past the touchkey issues there's not much that can be done.
    From att? 8 Months. from cyanogen? 8 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App