[CLOSED!] - CleanROM 3.1.1 Lite Edition -★| Lighter Than Air! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
CR-3.1-HOX-LITE.png

about.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up AT&T Stock ROM with lots of performance and feature enhancements with all Social Networking Apps and Frameworks removed.
  • All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 6/26/2012.
  • ROM is de-odexed and based on 1.88.707.2 RUU

features.png

• Overclockable to 1.75GHZ but not by default. Use Zip in Post #2.
  • Memory enhancements v2
  • Linkify Removed!
  • Removed All Social Networking Apps and frameworks!
  • Removed From CleanROM Standard: Notes, Tasks, Dock Mode, Most Live Wallpaper and more!
  • Extreme AT&T App de-bloating!
  • Performance and Battery Tweaks
  • Hacked Hotspot! (Optional)
  • Extended Quick Settings
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • Button Remap Mod
  • Percent Battery Mod (Optional)
  • No AT&T WiFi in Wifi Settings or Status Bar!
  • AT&T Voice Mail
  • FM Radio
  • ES File Explorer
  • No Boot Sound
  • Rooted
  • Busybox
  • Zip Aligned
  • Smooth Dithered Background
  • Jelly Bean Boot Animation
  • init.d scripting
  • Apps that can be uninstalled: Visual Voicemail, ES File Explorer, Fast Reboot
  • On SD Card In CleanROM folder after flashing: ATT Hot Spot Hack, GSM Patch, Percent Battery, Remove Boot Sound, Remove OC, Standard Buttons - No APM!

changes.png

Version 3.2 - 6/28/2012 Patch Only!
  • Removed: Overclock on boot. Now a separate flash.
  • Added: Jeally bean Boot Animation
  • Tweaked: CPU and Memory v2.

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed with unlocked bootloader!
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Recommend wiping data in recovery
  • Install ROM
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

notes.png

• Contacts may force close the first or second time when initially setting them up due to AT&T Contacts being removed.
  • You should update SU Binaries immediately after install!
  • You should set SU Default Access to "Grant" to avoid problems with some apps such as Root Explorer!
  • Highly recommend disabling Fast Boot in Power Settings!
  • Flash the Hotspot hack AFTER booting up ROM for the first time!
  • If you Overclock you will get less battery. This is normal. It may or may not affect you. If you dont like it flash the "Remove OC.zip" int the CleanROM Folder.

thanks.png

The following XDA Developers for Mods used in the ROM or general help with things!
  • Smartguy0104, coolbho, Tiffany84, sk08, designgears, xsMajical, Turge, jmattp, smokin1337!
  • All the dedicated Beta Testers that worked mercilessly testing the ROM!

XDA App and Tapatalk Users can download HERE
You must set your Mobile Browser set to desktop view!

MD5.png

36AC42181B988FADE82219A77E19B35A

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Last edited:

Scott

mods.png

CleanROM DE Style Status Bar v4

This the status bar that will be in the upcoming CleanROM Developer Edition. I am still working on that ROM but I got the status bar re-done so I figured I would share and its something for all the flash-a-holics ;)

Big thanks to Who.Mike.D.93 and Tiffany84 for all the help the gave me with this!

Download is on my website HERE

DE-THEME-4.0.png

More mods..

Special GSM Patch:

• Removes the AT&T 4G Icon and reverts to standard GSM "H" Icon.
  • Unlocks the Hotspot in its entirety so ALLLLLLL people can use it regardless of carrier!
  • Wait for it... Unlocks the magical LTE Toggle capability. Does not work on AT&T but does work on all other carriers AFAIK.

This patch CAN be applied to ATT if you want. It wont hurt anything that I know of. I was also told that if you manually program APN's that you can toggle the LTE toggle on ATT. I gave up on testing this but it did work a couple times for me but I could not get it consistent. If you can help the community figure it out for ATT then lets do it!

Last edited:

Scott

Sweet.. Too bad im on 1.85 missing out on all the good news

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

No no, You can flash this on ANY version of the firmware, 1.7x and 1.8x as long as you have a Custom Recover installed.

Unless you mean you went to 1.85 before you unlocked. And if so.... I am sorry man, so sorry :( I would FIND a reason to return the phone under warranty or something...

Wow you are on fire!

+1

Beavis and Butthead voice "FIRE FIRE FIRE"

-Scott

Reactions: loneBoat

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Scrosler this is insane ! Your dev support is great and you listen thanks again

Scott

Just an FYI....

Turge was able to removing the carrier branding in the status bar. Unfortunately this happened about an hour after I posted the ROM, go figure, lol.

If you want to remove that Nasty AT&T Branding then go download the update from the thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1677636

And make sure yo go to the end of the thread and show Turge some love with the thanks button!

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Let me just double check here.

By removing all social Media Frameworks, can you still link your contacts to their facebook/twitter etc? Through Settings -> Accounts & Sync? Without installing said Apps? My guess would be that its still possible if you install facebook/twitter/evernote etc.

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
Not sure if u want this here or not but this Rom and the overclock gives me reboots on cfbench and quadrant standard. But it's hella fast

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Scott

Let me just double check here.

By removing all social Media Frameworks, can you still link your contacts to their facebook/twitter etc? Through Settings -> Accounts & Sync ?

Yeah, I tried facebook and had all "those" people show up. I did not try twitter though.

I didint do anything in accounts and sync. Remember, the purpose of the ROM is for those that dont want all the Social Bloat. I personally am disturbed by that level of connectivity to the outside, lol

Scott

Not sure if u want this here or not but this Rom and the overclock gives me reboots on cfbench and quadrant standard. But it's hella fast

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, thats cool. Its good to know info!

I think it runs very well without O/C. There is so much Social framework gone that you get a marginal to medium bump in memory too.

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
The LTE toggle still sticks to LTE auto, it shows it in network stuff, but won't stick to gsm/wcdma auto.

Loving the lite version.

Last edited:

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
This is great but I think I will stick to 2.5 for now. Great Rom Scott. Will get you some beer on my next payday. Hope it's not late yet. Again, thank you bro.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR-3.1-HOX-LITE.png

about.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up AT&T Stock ROM with lots of performance and feature enhancements with all Social Networking Apps and Frameworks removed.

features.png

• Overclockable to 1.75GHZ but not by default. Use Zip in Post #2.
    • Memory enhancements v2
    • Linkify Removed!
    • Removed From CleanROM Standard: Notes, Tasks, Dock Mode, Most Live Wallpaper and more!
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Button Remap Mod
    • AT&T Voice Mail
    • FM Radio
    • ES File Explorer
    • No Boot Sound
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Zip Aligned
    • Jelly Bean Boot Animation
    • init.d scripting
    • On SD Card In CleanROM folder after flashing: ATT Hot Spot Hack, GSM Patch, Percent Battery, Remove Boot Sound, Remove OC, Standard Buttons - No APM!

changes.png

Version 3.2 - 6/28/2012 Patch Only!
    • Removed: Overclock on boot. Now a separate flash.

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed with unlocked bootloader!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend wiping data in recovery
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

notes.png

• Contacts may force close the first or second time when initially setting them up due to AT&T Contacts being removed.
    • You should update SU Binaries immediately after install!
    • You should set SU Default Access to "Grant" to avoid problems with some apps such as Root Explorer!
    • Highly recommend disabling Fast Boot in Power Settings!
    • Flash the Hotspot hack AFTER booting up ROM for the first time!
    • If you Overclock you will get less battery. This is normal. It may or may not affect you. If you dont like it flash the "Remove OC.zip" int the CleanROM Folder.

thanks.png

The following XDA Developers for Mods used in the ROM or general help with things!
    • Smartguy0104, coolbho, Tiffany84, sk08, designgears, xsMajical, Turge, jmattp, smokin1337!
    • All the dedicated Beta Testers that worked mercilessly testing the ROM!

XDA App and Tapatalk Users can download HERE
    You must set your Mobile Browser set to desktop view!

MD5.png

36AC42181B988FADE82219A77E19B35A

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)

CleanROM 3.0 Lite Edition is now out!

CR3-HOX-LITE.png

changes.png

Version 3.0 - 6/18/2012
    • Added: More minor Performance tweaks to help increase the over fluidity of the ROM.
    • Added: GSM Patch to SD Card
    • Added: Ad blocking host
    • Added: Galaxye Nexus Ringtones
    • Added: What I think is a somewaht classy boot sounds (Can be removed with file placed on SD Card).
    • Fixed: Fixed sym link issue with fonts. They are not displaying as they should have been to begin with.
    • Fixed: Extraneous Social Networking files
    • Removed: Drop Box, Maps and Fast Reboot. All can be downloaded From Market
    • Changed: Default CID Defaul.XML to allow an easier way to change boot animation and add boot sound for all you themers our there. PM Me for details.
    • Complete change log can be found HERE

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars. If you really enjoy the ROM hit Donate :D[/COLOR][/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Flash Responsibly and Enjoy!

-Scott
    CleanROM 3.1 Lite is out!

CR-3.1-HOX-LITE.png

about.png

features.png

• Conservatively overclocked to 1.75GHZ by default. Can be changed to stock values.
    • No HTC Memory management "enhancements"
    • Linkify Removed!
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Button Remap Mod
    • AT&T Voice Mail
    • FM Radio
    • ES File Explorer
    • No Boot Sound
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Zip Aligned
    • init.d scripting

changes.png

Version 3.1 - 6/26/2012
    • Overclocking: Overclocked to 1.75GHZ (Removeable)
    • Enhanced: Multitasking Performance
    • Added: Boot Sound (Removable)(Requires full wipe)
    • Added: HTC Stocks (Requires full wipe)
    • Added: Ad Blocking Host File
    • Fixed: Fonts
    • Updated: Facebook and SuperSU

mods.png

CleanROM DE Style Status Bar v4

This the status bar that will be in the upcoming CleanROM Developer Edition. I am still working on that ROM but I got the status bar re-done so I figured I would share and its something for all the flash-a-holics ;)

Big thanks to Who.Mike.D.93 and Tiffany84 for all the help the gave me with this!

Download is on my website HERE

DE-THEME-4.0.png

More mods..

Special GSM Patch:

• Removes the AT&T 4G Icon and reverts to standard GSM "H" Icon.
    • Unlocks the Hotspot in its entirety so ALLLLLLL people can use it regardless of carrier!
    • Wait for it... Unlocks the magical LTE Toggle capability. Does not work on AT&T but does work on all other carriers AFAIK.

This patch CAN be applied to ATT if you want. It wont hurt anything that I know of. I was also told that if you manually program APN's that you can toggle the LTE toggle on ATT. I gave up on testing this but it did work a couple times for me but I could not get it consistent. If you can help the community figure it out for ATT then lets do it!
    CleanROM 3.1.1 Patch Only is now available!

Only Flashable on top of CleanROM 3.1 SE or LE!

changes.png

Version 3.1.1 - 6/28/2012 Patch Only!
    • Removed: Overclock on boot. Now a separate flash in post #2!

Hit Thanks and if you are feeling particularly good hit Donate :fingers-crossed:

-Scott