Help with my custom 6.5 rom

Search This thread

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
I got my rom done and I am now trying to add a few things to spice it up. The only thing I cant get working is tsowentaskbar. The signal icon does not show the signal bars. They will show if I am on a call but not when phone is not in use. I have read a lot and have seen others post about this problem but cant find a answer. I am cooking the taskbar and sdkcerts in the rom. I have even tried installing sdkcerts then default cabs and get the same thing. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you
Shep

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
For those icons, you need to make sure that your kitchen is adding the files from your OEM and not from OEMDrivers, QuickGPS, Phone_Canvas_Slider etc... What kitchen are you using?

I use Da_G's Simple Rom kitchen and have made a package for that. His kitchen processes the Packages dir first. You also need to make sure that the reg entries in the rgu are the ones that stick. Check your registry after flashing and make sure that you have:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000

If not, then another rgu or provxml is setting that later. You'll need to either find those and remove them, or add an XML to set it in \OEM\OperatorPkg\config_operator.txt.

Good luck.

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
For those icons, you need to make sure that your kitchen is adding the files from your OEM and not from OEMDrivers, QuickGPS, Phone_Canvas_Slider etc... What kitchen are you using?

I use Da_G's Simple Rom kitchen and have made a package for that. His kitchen processes the Packages dir first. You also need to make sure that the reg entries in the rgu are the ones that stick. Check your registry after flashing and make sure that you have:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000

If not, then another rgu or provxml is setting that later. You'll need to either find those and remove them, or add an XML to set it in \OEM\OperatorPkg\config_operator.txt.

Good luck.

Im using Da_G's 21195 kitchen. Can you share your package?

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
I am using the 6.1 21040 kitchen. I haven't tried much cooking with the 6.5 kitchen as of yet. I don't know if the dll's are the same or not.

You can try dropping this package into \Packages and see if it works. But like I stated before you need to check your reg entries after flash and figure out if they are correct. And compare this package to the one you created and see the differences.

-e

Attachments

• 3NewIcons.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
I am using the 6.1 21040 kitchen. I haven't tried much cooking with the 6.5 kitchen as of yet. I don't know if the dll's are the same or not.

You can try dropping this package into \Packages and see if it works. But like I stated before you need to check your reg entries after flash and figure out if they are correct. And compare this package to the one you created and see the differences.

-e

I checked the reg settings and they where right. I am trying your package and if it works I will try to find out whats wrong with mine. Thank you for the help.

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Might be another reason for this tsowen battery signal are for cdma and the signalbars are located in a different dll than the normals gsm one. Also we gsmers are not able to modify the signal bars as they are not produced by icons. If you need to know more let me know, 12