|ROMS|AROMA|4.2.2|PORT| SmoothROM v1.7 & GalaxySbean v1.2

Search This thread

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Thanks for porting these roms, always good to have multiple choices when possible. Btw, from Josepho to Uruhara to Jessica, do you have any more identities here on XDA? :laugh: Also, were you Jessical too? :D

Thanks again,
Mike T

Reactions: Ichigo

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Jessica, was over in the the N7 forum checking out these two roms & it looks like the GS Bean dev is using Smooth rom as a base, so are they basically the same with the exception of the GS Bean having Touchwiz?

Also, I see you are using twa_priv's KF build as a base which has tablet UI & since both Smooth & GS Bean also have a tablet UI option, how does it work with these roms? In other words, which one kicks in?

Thanks,
Mike T

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
GS Bean actually doesn't use Touch Wiz unless you install the theme and use the launcher. In the 3rd post, I list all of the features GS Bean comes with. It has a lot more features than just Touch Wiz. As for tablet ui, I'm not sure. I've never used the tablet ui in twa_priv's build. All I know is that in aroma, when you select tablet ui, it installs some framework files and Nova Launcher.

Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Ok thanks. I did see the framework files when I extracted the zip, guess I'll have to play around with it and see how the tablet ui goes. As for TW, it looks pretty cool, think I'll install the theme & check it out.

Thanks,
Mike T

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
Thanks for the hard work. It seems this would be better split in two threads...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Installed the G Sbean rom this morning and I like it. I did run into a couple of small issues, one being a force close of the stock browser. I chose it in Aroma but it appears that it failed to install. I grabbed the browser.apk, pushed it to /system/app manually and it now works.

The other issue was with settings/storage. Every time I opened storage, I got the error "package access helper has stopped", clearing cache/dalvik and multiple reboots didn't fix it for me. It turns out that "DefaultContainerService.apk" is responsible for that function, so I extracted it from Hashcode's CM10.1 rom and replaced the existing apk. That took care of the error.

I did install the Touchwiz theme & it's pretty cool, looks really slick. Followed your instructions re: changing the dpi to install and it worked great. Also, there's a lot of good stuff included in the rom, I especially like the ACID & Pimp My Rom/Seeder mods.

Thanks again for porting this, it's a real nice addition to the existing KF roms. One last thing I noticed is the kernel is 3.0.57, does this kernel contain Hashcode's reverted USB commit from 1/15? That made a huge improvement in the tablet sleeping.

Mike T

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
I uploaded this built a few days ago. I didn't notice the problems until after it was uploaded. I have a newer build with those issues solved, and it's updated with twa_priv's newest build. I'll try to upload it tonight. As for the stock browser, I never use it so I didn't know it didn't work. I'll fix that and upload asap.

a.k.a. Urahara
The truth! I'm really a girl!

Great! Appreciate it.

Mike T

Are.Two

Apr 1, 2011
Portland, OR
Flashed SmoothROM last night and absolutely love it! It's running silky smooth and have yet to run into any kind of problems. I'm going to test it for a few more hours today, but must say that I'm loving it so far.

kpyhere

Jul 26, 2009
Is there any way to implement volume butons next to the navigation buttons ?

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
Re: [ROMS][AROMA][PORTS] SmoothROM & GalaxySbean[4.2.1]

So far running great. Quick question, anyone know where the usb debugging setting is located. Titanium is telling me it is not enabled and I cant seem to locate the setting. Really happy to see a new rom. Thanks for all the work and time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

prjoni99

Mar 6, 2010
This ROM looks amazing! I was wondering if the AROMA installer works with the Kindle Fire? I have never seen anything like it! Which one do you guys recommend SmoothRom or GalaxySBean?

Thanks

mlkjuggalo

Jul 27, 2010
Juggalo Island FL Whoop Whoop
So far running great. Quick question, anyone know where the usb debugging setting is located. Titanium is telling me it is not enabled and I cant seem to locate the setting. Really happy to see a new rom. Thanks for all the work and time.

I haven't tested this rom yet but on other 4.2.1 roms you have to go to setting/about and tap the build number 7 times to get the developer options to pop up and then you will get to set usb debugging :)

Reactions: rail205 and Ichigo

puckchaser

Aug 11, 2008
Stupid question... Is it possible to install TableUI after the rom is installed? Do I just go back into TWRP/Aroma, reinstall without wiping, but choose TableUI?

Love it so far!

Thanks.

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010

This ROM runs fantastic! Very smooth.

Anyone know how to update the kernel to the latest hashcode or the SGT7 Imoseyon version?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the the links to SmoothRom & GalaxySbean are the same I tried both and all I get is the SmoothRom did the GalaxySbean get taken down ? or am I doing someting wrong lol I tried the SmoothRom looks great.

You can get to it if you click on roms but here it is .

http://goo.im/devs/Josepho1997/kindle/ROMS

Mike T

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Sorry guys. New update pushed back to tomorrow.
    I need to fix bugs within the ROM. The major bug being not even one of the apps will launch.

It's cool, as I mentioned earlier, the 2 minor issues that came up for me on GS Bean were easily fixed and the rom is running great! I'm definitely getting used to the TW Launcher Theme and really like the look & simplicity of it.

Btw, congrats on over 500 downloads already on the roms. Very nice!

Mike T
    downloading now. for some reason on 1.1 when i would connect it to my computer it wouldn't read it. i had the drivers installed but it wouldn't do anything. i'm downloading 1.2 right now so hopefully this fixes it.

Did you mean connecting it to the computer so it can act as a common USB storage?

If yes, launch your KF terminal window then execute the following lines:
    su
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb

Then reboot your KF.

This has been asked a couple of times on the other CM10.1 threads but I guess it's a good thing to put it here too.
    Thanks Mike,flasht it on Twa-Priv's 18-01 ROM and it works with sound.I had it on my computer but I deleted it.

After that I did a backup and flasht the GalaxySbean Rom
    For the second time like the first time the install stopt at 80/%
    Extract/tmp/face/vendor/pittpatt/models/recognition/face.face y0-y0-22-b-N/full-m

I don't know why but I'm sure the download is fine maybe TWRP 2.1.1 that's wrong?
    SmoothRom installed fine on TWRP 2.1.1
    Please help I like that ROM want to try.

Like my SGS3.

I know you said the download should be fine but did the MD5 checksum definitely match up? If you've eliminated a bad download, I would recommend updating your TWRP to at least 2.2.2.1 or the latest 2.3x version. TWRP 2.1 is a bit old right now when it comes to Jelly Bean roms.

I believe you are already familiar with COTR, you could also try COTR 2.1. As I've mentioned before in other posts, been using it exclusively since August and it has never failed to flash a rom...and I do a lot of flashing. One other thing, if you're flashing the gapps with Aroma, try not letting Aroma flash them. Instead, just flash the regular gapps right after the Aroma install. Good luck!

Mike T

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I'm working on fixing the issues in GalaxySBean right now. I'll release the small update asap. While I'm at it, does anybody want to add some suggestions(possibly aroma options) or report an issue?

Matter of fact, I do have a suggestion. I would love to see smirkit utility as an option in Aroma. Since it gets wiped everytime you flash a new rom or rom update, having it as an option in Aroma would be awesome.

If you decide to do this, please use the latest version 2.2 that I posted up in smirkis' thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35711679&postcount=329

Also, as I mentioned in the post above to themoto, I think flashing the regular gapps is a better bet at this time. I actually didn't care much for the inverted gapps, they were too dark in some cases and on some apps too white. LOL Plus, they may be causing other kinds of issues. Btw, my install of Bean 1.1 is working great and while TW Launcher does tend to lag at times, I deleted Seeder from init d and replaced it with the newest Seeder apk 2.0.xxx and it's somewhat better.

Thanks,
    Mike T

Really looking nice. Awesome job :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I haven't tested this rom yet but on other 4.2.1 roms you have to go to setting/about and tap the build number 7 times to get the developer options to pop up and then you will get to set usb debugging :)