How to fix your bricked Samsung galaxy star.

Search This thread

jerin jose

Dec 28, 2013
Things required:an USB cable which connects your mobile to the pc.
First download samsung kies.
After that,switch off the phone.
Now hold the volume down+home button+power button.
Then when they show do you want to continue press the volume up key.
Now open samsung kies then go to tools and click on firmware upgrade and intialisation.
Then type your model name and serial number.
Now wait for it to complete.
Tadaaa it is fixed.
Click thanks if i helped you.

I am are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide.
Use this guide at your own risk. I shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited:

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Though a lot of ppl know these things
Such posts matter a lot for starters who otherwise may do something wrong
Thnx

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk

maurya_uttam

Jul 13, 2014
firmware upgrade

Now open samsung kies then go to tools and click on firmware upgrade and intialisation.
Tadaaa it is fixed.

I am are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide.
Use this guide at your own risk. I shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.

it says it cant be upgraded for your device

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Tadaaa it is fixed.

neither kies could be connected in downloading mode.. plz help

grdharsh19

Feb 10, 2015
Just flash stock firmware through odin.... it will be alright. ..!

If I helped you please press thanks button

Sent from my GT-S5282 using XDA Free mobile app

saadebady

Nov 27, 2015
my worst nightmares

hi.
i was installing a custom ROM on my device and take about one hour and still about 20% of progress so i just Turned my phone off.
and now it doesn't start at all.
it was 100% charged.and now there is no sign of Life in my phone.dose not turn on and no response to charger or usb cable.
Please someone help me.

nagato

Sep 2, 2015
Pune
hi.
i was installing a custom ROM on my device and take about one hour and still about 20% of progress so i just Turned my phone off.
and now it doesn't start at all.
it was 100% charged.and now there is no sign of Life in my phone.dose not turn on and no response to charger or usb cable.
Please someone help me.

I think u may have chosen some ROM not compatible for the phone. Which ROM did u installed?

saadebady

Nov 27, 2015
I think u may have chosen some ROM not compatible for the phone. Which ROM did u installed?

i chose the Fake Kitkat Rom for my s5282 device
i was using odin and take too long.
in odin just saw it stuck at "boot.img" so i turned it off and now there is no response .the phone is off.it like there is no battery on.but i tested .the battery is full and on the device but when i push the button nothing happen

nagato

Sep 2, 2015
Pune
i chose the Fake Kitkat Rom for my s5282 device
i was using odin and take too long.
in odin just saw it stuck at "boot.img" so i turned it off and now there is no response .the phone is off.it like there is no battery on.but i tested .the battery is full and on the device but when i push the button nothing happen
Tell me this:-
-From where did u downloaded it? post the link here.
-Is your phone rooted?

Plus i don't know much about installing roms from odin and found that most the procedures use CWM recovery to do so.

saadebady

Nov 27, 2015
Tell me this:-
-From where did u downloaded it? post the link here.
-Is your phone rooted?

Plus i don't know much about installing roms from odin and found that most the procedures use CWM recovery to do so.

before i install the rom it was stuck on bootloop so i did resetfactory - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache and still in bootloop so i downloaded the ROM from
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-star/development/update-custom-rom-4-2-2-fakeslimkat-t2955068
and because my phone was in bootloop so i couldn't access the SD to put the file in it so the recovery mode had no use to me.
so i used odin.
now my phone is not turn on at all.
how can i get my phone into download mode when its not running?
is there a way to do that?
how can i get the rom into a device that turned off !؟
Please help me.

nagato

Sep 2, 2015
Pune
I NEVER INSTALLED ANY CUSTOM ROM ON MY OWN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

right now you don't have any operating system on your phone i suppose.

Note: MtkDroidTools gives an option to boot in recovery. I hope it work for you.

Try this:-
-install latest CWM with odin or CWM
-then zapdos kernel (either with odin or cwm)
-then install stock firmware.

If it doesn't work, re-install the kernel.

Good Luck

Last edited:

saadebady

Nov 27, 2015
I NEVER INSTALLED ANY CUSTOM ROM ON MY OWN. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

right now you don't have any operating system on your phone i suppose.

Note: MtkDroidTools gives an option to boot in recovery. I hope it work for you.

Try this:-
-install latest CWM with odin or CWM
-then zapdos kernel (either with odin or cwm)
-then install stock firmware.

If it doesn't work, re-install the kernel.

Good Luck

that didn't work.
because my phone doesnt turn on .
if was any way to get it to downloading mode without turning it on maybe there was a way to do the rest with MtkDroid
anyone know another way to do it?
help please

so again >>
before i install the rom it was stuck on bootloop so i did resetfactory - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache and still in bootloop so i downloaded the ROM from
http://xdaforums.com/gala...imkat-t2955068
i used odin because my phone was in bootloop so i couldn't access the SD to put the file in it so the recovery mode had no use to me.
i was installing the ROM on my device and take about one hour and still about 20% of progress so i just Turned my phone off.
it was 100% charged

saadebady

Nov 27, 2015
that didn't work.
because my phone doesnt turn on .
if was any way to get it to downloading mode without turning it on maybe there was a way to do the rest with MtkDroid
anyone know another way to do it?
help please

so again >>
http://xdaforums.com/gala...imkat-t2955068
i used odin because my phone was in bootloop so i couldn't access the SD to put the file in it so the recovery mode had no use to me.
i was installing the ROM on my device and take about one hour and still about 20% of progress so i just Turned my phone off.
it was 100% charged

please some one help me
is my phone dead for real?
now even when i plug the charger ,my phone dose nothing.no light no vibrate
nothing at all

BatDroid

Oct 20, 2015
Look! On the rooftop!
Last edited:

Ashu j

Jun 13, 2018
My Samsung galaxy gt s5282 stop working since I tried to installed an custom ROM through TWRP RECOVERY APP available on Google app Store .I rooted my phone by using kingroot app nd installed TWRP app too. ln option menu it told me to select your phone model but i didn't get my model number so i choose the similar model of my phone nd click on the "enter to recovery mode" button that was the last time when I saw my phone alive after that my phone got blank it never start ,stuck on the boot image but didn't start. Give me some solutions developers..... Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tadaaa it is fixed.

its better to use odin than kies

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk