[Q] Does Rom Porter work with stock roms?

Search This thread
A

Arcathic

Hi,
can i port Android 4.4 from Xperia Z1 to Xperia T using Rom Porter or it's working only with costum roms? I greet ;)

Last edited:

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Hi,
can i port Android 4.4 from Xperia Z1 to Xperia T using Rom Porter or it's working only with costum roms? I greet ;)

it could be done for unlocked bootloaders but if you're thinking of trying it for locked bootloaders it can't be done since we have a 4.3 kernel, so you can port a 4.3 ROM theorectically

A

Arcathic

it could be done for unlocked bootloaders but if you're thinking of trying it for locked bootloaders it can't be done since we have a 4.3 kernel, so you can port a 4.3 ROM theorectically

Thanks for answer. Can I unlock bootloader without removing folder "data"?

A

Arcathic

unfortunately you can't, /data partition will always be wiped when unlocking the bootloader

If I will unlock bootloader, all my apps, games saves and settings would be removed, yes? Can I simply copy folder "data" before unlock and replace copied folder after unlock? Or won't it work? Sorry for my English.

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
If I will unlock bootloader, all my apps, games saves and settings would be removed, yes? Can I simply copy folder "data" before unlock and replace copied folder after unlock? Or won't it work? Sorry for my English.

as far as I know you can backup with this without root: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

you can use titanium backup with root and backup your apps with that.

then restore after you have unlocked the bootloader

A

Arcathic

Can you write how to port Android 4.4 from XZ1 to XT?

Last edited: