Yesterday an update came up on my screen, I clicked "Install Now"
The phone restarted into CWM.
I am rooted ofcourse, and I'm really scared for my phone,
Is there anything to be done?

Manke

Jan 12, 2014
Amsterdam
Which phone do you have?
Your phone is rooted, do you have a stock or custom ROM?

You should provide a little more information so people can help you. :p

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

iMetalliX

Jan 25, 2014
LG G2 D802 T-mobile version
umm...I had stock firmware,
Just now i installed CyanogenMod, and still im going back to recovery...

Manke

Jan 12, 2014
Amsterdam
LG G2 D802 T-mobile version
umm...I had stock firmware,
Just now i installed CyanogenMod, and still im going back to recovery...

You should try to reverse back to stock.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

I've found that on the forums for LG G2's.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

btw, if i have recovery up and working, i shouldn't be madly worried...shoud i?,,

The only thing you probably have to worry about is the data on your device since it is possible you have to wipe it. No worries on bricked device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
btw, if i have recovery up and working, i shouldn't be madly worried...shoud i?,,

No. But it looks like you flashed a borked file. Maybe the CM you installed has a wrong MD5, or you might have flashed a CM that's for a different G2. Either way, you can either push a new ROM zip into your phone to flash, or KDZ back to stock like the guy above me said. Good luck!

And don't worry, your phone is completely fine. But this should be a lesson to always perform a backup before ANY ROM flashing. :p

iMetalliX

Jan 25, 2014
No. But it looks like you flashed a borked file. Maybe the CM you installed has a wrong MD5, or you might have flashed a CM that's for a different G2. Either way, you can either push a new ROM zip into your phone to flash, or KDZ back to stock like the guy above me said. Good luck!

And don't worry, your phone is completely fine. But this should be a lesson to always perform a backup before ANY ROM flashing. :p

Thank you mate :))
umm..i'm going back to stock, and the MD5 was ok, and yes, im a noob :D

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Lg g2 d80220a

What I'd like to know is how did you get CWM in the first place? I've tried for a couple of hours with ROM Manager and the D802 is not supported even though it claims it is. All I get is the red triangle on top of the green android bot and what looks like 2.x CWM. Not sure since I'm new. But it only has about 5 options. No MOUNT, NO ADVANCED, Looks unsuitable for flashing a ROM. I saw this version the very first time I flashed a phone and I soft bricked the phone. It was a Nexus 4. I recovered but I'm not taking any chances and messing with that again. The only way I recovered was using Wugfresh. I need something like Wugfresh for my D802 where I can take those risk. I'm angry because I can't flash anything now. I've got 327 apps to get installed. No one wants to do that manually. It is really inconceivable that this phone which is still arguably the best in the world after 6 months is not supported the way it should be with recovery. Any help in getting CWM working would be greatly appreciated.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
What I'd like to know is how did you get CWM in the first place? I've tried for a couple of hours with ROM Manager and the D802 is not supported even though it claims it is. All I get is the red triangle on top of the green android bot and what looks like 2.x CWM. Not sure since I'm new. But it only has about 5 options. No MOUNT, NO ADVANCED, Looks unsuitable for flashing a ROM. I saw this version the very first time I flashed a phone and I soft bricked the phone. It was a Nexus 4. I recovered but I'm not taking any chances and messing with that again. The only way I recovered was using Wugfresh. I need something like Wugfresh for my D802 where I can take those risk. I'm angry because I can't flash anything now. I've got 327 apps to get installed. No one wants to do that manually. It is really inconceivable that this phone which is still arguably the best in the world after 6 months is not supported the way it should be with recovery. Any help in getting CWM working would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried philz http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554053

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Lg g2 d80220a

Have you tried philz http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554053

That won't work because you can't even get to the menus to install the zip. That the whole problem. You can't really do anything because it basically hangs up with the red triangle. With the number of people having this problem and how great a phone this is you'd figure this problem would not even exist. Here's a screen shot of the problem everybody is having.

Attachments

• IMG_20140401_205451.jpg
    IMG_20140401_205451.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 29

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
That won't work because you can't even get to the menus to install the zip. That the whole problem. You can't really do anything because it basically hangs up with the red triangle. With the number of people having this problem and how great a phone this is you'd figure this problem would not even exist. Here's a screen shot of the problem everybody is having.

okay so that's the stock recovery, by any chance are you on kitkat because it says d80220a?

pmorales

Apr 2, 2008
Venezuela
iMetalliX, can you still flash a .zip file?, if you can I know this would work for you, just translate the thread and OTG flash the small zip file. This happened to me yesterday, and piece of cake.

crazylife

me having the same problem (stock recovery)
cant flash anything (E:footer is wrong ) (E:signature verification faild)

and now when flashing new Philz recovery ( assert faild : run_program (`/temp/loki.sh`) ==0 E:error in /temp/update.zip status 7

since 2 days trying to get out of it but i cant lol

busted25

Sep 16, 2012
same thing happened to me but i managed to install twrp now my problem is im stocked at lg logo. I have no back up nor any rom downloaded. i have kdz file saved on my g2 but i cant copy it to the computer since it cant be detected or if it has a way please please let me know. Pls help me out of it, i miss my phone. Thank you.

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Lg g2 d80220a

okay so that's the stock recovery, by any chance are you on kitkat because it says d80220a?

Yeah I made the foolish mistake of upgrading to kitkat. I knew it as soon as I hit yes button to upgrade. Too late.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

iMetalliX, can you still flash a .zip file?, if you can I know this would work for you, just translate the thread and OTG flash the small zip file. This happened to me yesterday, and piece of cake.

I'm new so don't know much. My understanding is you can't flash anything without being in recovery, right? Look at busted25's post. I'm not risking anything that is not concrete. Much as I like to tinker around I accomplish nothing if I end up with a brick. On my Nexus I could risk everything and because I had Wugfresh. No such thing. I'm going to look at he LG software suite and see if can backup the phone enough to restore it should i soft brick or something

pmorales

Apr 2, 2008
Venezuela
Yeah I made the foolish mistake of upgrading to kitkat. I knew it as soon as I hit yes button to upgrade. Too late.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I'm new so don't know much. My understanding is you can't flash anything without being in recovery, right? Look at busted25's post. I'm not risking anything that is not concrete. Much as I like to tinker around I accomplish nothing if I end up with a brick. On my Nexus I could risk everything and because I had Wugfresh. No such thing. I'm going to look at he LG software suite and see if can backup the phone enough to restore it should i soft brick or something

Yesterday I just write but I forgot to include the thread to be translated for the instructions and the .zip file to be OTG flashed, here it is, sorry

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=746320

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Lg g2 d80220a

Well that's why you can't get recovery, kit Kat does not have ability for recovery and who knows if it ever will

What?! Are you sure about that? If true that is really foul. What, do they think we are Apple fans or something? If we didn't want recovery we would have bought Apple. I hope that is not true. Why would they do such think knowing you can't flash if you they do that. I'm addicted to custom roms...LOL! I need my fix now!!

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Yesterday I just write but I forgot to include the thread to be translated for the instructions and the .zip file to be OTG flashed, here it is, sorry

It is in Spanish. Just trying working with that on your beautiful phone as a noobie...hahahaha! Thanks though.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
What?! Are you sure about that? If true that is really foul. What, do they think we are Apple fans or something? If we didn't want recovery we would have bought Apple. I hope that is not true. Why would they do such think knowing you can't flash if you they do that. I'm addicted to custom roms...LOL! I need my fix now!!

Well the exploit we were using to install recovery/Loki was patched in kk so currently if you want recovery it's the same procedure for all devices downgrade to 4.2(first firmware available) root install recovery and depending on your device I can link you a modified kk that uses the aboot from 4.2 plus modified kk kernel to boot to kk while retaining root/recovery

notanymore

Apr 27, 2013
Lg g2 d80220a

Well the exploit we were using to install recovery/Loki was patched in kk so currently if you want recovery it's the same procedure for all devices downgrade to 4.2(first firmware available) root install recovery and depending on your device I can link you a modified kk that uses the aboot from 4.2 plus modified kk kernel to boot to kk while retaining root/recovery

I don't know if I have the skills to pull that off. I could wind up like busted25 and all the others who bricked. I think my best option might be to sell it very cheap quickly and order a new one and never upgrade. I'll take the hit. Phone is less than a week old. One thing I'm not understanding though is I'm seeing only kitkat custom roms for this phone out there. That's why I thought it was ok to upgrade. I didn't see any 4.2.2. Everybody who flashed the custom roms must have been fairly or very skilled.One thing that made me upset is ROM Manager advertised recovery for this phone that was bogus. I even paid for the touch version and got nothing and no email reply