Pandora and Smart Remote controls sticking on lock screen.

Search This thread

punksux

Jan 11, 2009
Every time I use Pandora or Smart Remote, the controls that they place on the lock screen stay there until I reset the phone. I have even killed the apps and services, but they still stay until a restart. Does anyone know what is going on, or how to get rid of them?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

erasat

Oct 2, 2010
Every time I use Pandora or Smart Remote, the controls that they place on the lock screen stay there until I reset the phone. I have even killed the apps and services, but they still stay until a restart. Does anyone know what is going on, or how to get rid of them?

Thanks

I don't know about Pandora as I don't use it on the phone, but I assume is just like the other one, but Smart remote on your lockscreen is simply an option in app's settings, is clearly there, reset the phone seem too drastic when all that you need is simply turn that option off.

Morale of this is, when you have an app doing unexpected things, just look for that in the app's settings, most if not all the time you will find there what's causing it.

devoidx

Mar 15, 2013
I don't know about Pandora as I don't use it on the phone, but I assume is just like the other one, but Smart remote on your lockscreen is simply an option in app's settings, is clearly there, reset the phone seem too drastic when all that you need is simply turn that option off.

Morale of this is, when you have an app doing unexpected things, just look for that in the app's settings, most if not all the time you will find there what's causing it.

Yes but that really doesn't get to the root of the problem which is the remote staying on lockscreen after you close/kill the app. Logically the remote lockscreen should be on when the app is running in the background, indicating the user is still interested in having remote control functionality, but should remove itself from the lock screen once the app is closed. I shouldn't have to unchecked that setting everytime before closing the app just to get rid of the lockscreen. killing the app should also get rid of it's lockscreen extension..and it doesn't.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando

Thanks

ya know I always thought that that was a strange behavior but it has always been like that since I got the S5. As far as smart remote goes, once you enable it in settings it seems to just permanently add it to the lock screen until you restart. It should go away though if you open up settings for smart remote and disable show on lockscreen. Just kind of a pain in the neck to do it every time.

gibrannz

Nov 13, 2013
I use pandora everyday and i havent had this problem. i dont use the remote control.