ADB Drivers (Updated for new 2.1 ROM)

Search This thread

Lendarel

Jan 18, 2010
issue with HTC sync on XP 64

I hope you realise that if you download the latest HTC Sync it installs x64 drivers correctly and then you just have to start using adb for it to work. The guide linked in my signature also shows you how to set it up to run every time you start your computer so that you can run it from any command prompt without having to change location. This thread is more or less dead.

Of course, I've tried to install HTC sync 3.0 before, but installer failed to install the drivers. Chris Bunney reported (can't link, sorry) that installer fails on Windows XP x64 too. I think uninstalling device from system before installation starts could solve this issue but I didn't try it.

btdag

Nov 25, 2009
Bournemouth
What about Sync 2.0.40?

OIC:
2. Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)

Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 and 3 (32-Bit)

Windows Vista Ultimate / Enterprise / Business/ Home Premium/ Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit) Service Pack 1

Windows 7 Ultimate/ Professional/ Home Premium / Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit)

Interesting that XP 64 isn't supported. That's a poor effort by HTC.

Check out usbdeview to remove your usb drivers if you want to try again. Worked for me when I was having issues in the past. But if its working with your modifications then it might not be worth it.

Maybe you could upload the new driver file for others - specify that its XP 64 only ;)