[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair

Search This thread

rationalxde

Mar 14, 2007
Thanks for all the reply. Problem solved.
The problem was with my laptop. Some setting in my laptop stop the KDZ update from finding my phone. Anyways switched to another laptop it worked out charmingly.

mvgadagi

Jan 28, 2011
Bengaluru
Hi, because with last update increased count of people with bricket phone, I just tryed search for way how to repair this phone. It seems, that last possible way how to save your phone is emergency mode.

I would like to notify you, that I didn't tested it (I'm had not luck enough to brick my phone yet :)). I just searched and tried write this for help to others.

So, let's go on.

1) If it's not possible connect to phone via ADB (in Adroid SDK/tools run "adb shell") at all you will try next steps. If it will work, you can use another, verified tools like custom recovery or KDZ_FW_UPD (search on forum for more) [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500, )

2) If you fail in previous step, you can try enter into emergency mode manually and try to flash ROM with KDZ_FW_UPD:
  1. Download KDZ updater and uncompress it
    http://www.4shared.com/file/UleS4dP3/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.html
  2. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
  3. Charge your battery to almost full state (I'm not sure, but it can be reason if phone doesn't start)
  4. Turn phone off somehow (remove battery etc.)
  5. Install drivers properly
    • Get rid of all usb drivers like Nokia, microsoft visual ++ run time environments
    • Install the LG drivers by selecting the update manager from the lg site
    • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
  6. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return" and connect USB cable to phone
  7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
  8. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
  9. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
    Select Type : 3GQCT (I have one report that CDMA mod works too)
    Select PhoneMode : DIAG (in case of fail try EMERGENCY, and as last chance use CS_EMERGENCY)
  10. I Recommend do not switch phone off. There was some people, which done it and after they were not be able to turn it on again. If flashing failed, just select some another mode and try it again, again, try shake/connect disconnect, again, again....
  11. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
  12. Press Launch software update
  13. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
  14. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone
  15. Press the three button combo for HW reset of device i.e volume up + home + power button
List to do based on Zecanilis's [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3) Still no success? Wait for more "What I can do" or just go to LG and let repair on them.

Source:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f282/vygis-shell-v1-1-0-josedavido-1166478/ (included file named "Flash help.txt" in application)
http://android.modaco.com/content/l...modaco-com/321895/faq-gt540-reference-thread/

Please let me know if it works. I just searched for way and I haven't possibility to test this steps for now. I will do update if it will be necessary, same as I will try describe more about software which I founded.

Some experiences from thread(s):

About shaking (sorry, but I still can't believe... :) )

What about lgmdp
Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
I heard about....but for now there is no too much people which tested it well, but for now it seems that it is more save than KDZ. I'm monitoring it and if it will be ok, I will rewrite/add it into OP.

Reactions: kamalnath

rationalxde

Mar 14, 2007
Have you some tips where can be problem? I would like to add these into OP. It can help others.

I guess the tip is if KDZ can not find your phone when doing software update, try another computer.
I do not know what exactly on my laotop stopped the KDZ from finding my phone. My laptop is from work and the security department puts all kinds of security software on it.

GForceZA

Mar 1, 2010
Johannesburg
Radio and IMEI missing on my device after using LGMPD

Hi guys

I tried to update to Gingerbread using LGMPD, the installation timed out, and after restoring from Nandroid, I was left with no IMEI or radio, even after trying to restore them from the NV back up...

Any help? Thanks!

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
Hi guys

I tried to update to Gingerbread using LGMPD, the installation timed out, and after restoring from Nandroid, I was left with no IMEI or radio, even after trying to restore them from the NV back up...

Any help? Thanks!
Try to restore NV backup. Without this no solution or you can ask some one from your country to give you valid NV.

D

doktornotor

Apparently. And also disable the LGE Virtual Modem in device manager after that.

evripidis

Dec 16, 2010
Athens
Apparently. And also disable the LGE Virtual Modem in device manager after that.

I have LGE Virtual Modem disabled. When I reinstall LGUnitedMobileDriver, when I plug the phone and Emergency Mode appears, the Windows7 start download and install 3 others drivers. I tried again again but I have the same result...
Does these 3 new drivers cause the problem?

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
@The_ERROR, time to add 1 more thing to the first page

2 of my friends are stuck at fast boot mode after doing the wrong way (going for recovery without reboot). i did the same a few weeks ago & was instead stuck at LG logo.

this thread is not about clockworkmod recovery.... At least I haven't thread like that at all. I have only one with something about drelisdee's one.

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
I have LGE Virtual Modem disabled. When I reinstall LGUnitedMobileDriver, when I plug the phone and Emergency Mode appears, the Windows7 start download and install 3 others drivers. I tried again again but I have the same result...
Does these 3 new drivers cause the problem?

Maybe. It is possible. Also, even if that sounds really stupid, shaking helps many-times also. :)

evripidis

Dec 16, 2010
Athens
Maybe. It is possible. Also, even if that sounds really stupid, shaking helps many-times also. :)

I'm dissapointed...
I plug off my wifi module in order not to have access in Windows Update and I have the same problems...
My hand is hurt from shaking... :p

I will try at my friend's pc to see if I have a good result...

DeuxEx

May 19, 2011
Targu-Jiu
www.craiova-maxima.ro
I have also a LG Optimus Me P350, but a few days ago Ibricked my LG P350. After i use Call+Vol Up+End, I see this on my screen:

Fastboot mode started:
-- suspend --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
STALL GET_DESCRIPTION 128 6 1006 0 18
fastboot: processing commands

What shall I do? Can anyone help me? What programs can I use to restore it?
LGMDP 1.5 and KDZ_FW_UPD_EN don't view my phone... Android Sooner Single ADB Interface is the only driver that my Win 7 will install after I connect the phone to my laptop. Please, help me! I'm desperate!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, because with last update increased count of people with bricket phone, I just tryed search for way how to repair this phone. It seems, that last possible way how to save your phone is emergency mode.

I would like to notify you, that I didn't tested it (I'm had not luck enough to brick my phone yet :)). I just searched and tried write this for help to others.

So, let's go on.

1) If it's not possible connect to phone via ADB (in Adroid SDK/tools run "adb shell") at all you will try next steps. If it will work, you can use another, verified tools like custom recovery or KDZ_FW_UPD (search on forum for more) [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500, )

2) If you fail in previous step, you can try enter into emergency mode manually and try to flash ROM with KDZ_FW_UPD:
    1. Download KDZ updater and uncompress it
      http://www.4shared.com/file/UleS4dP3/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.html
    2. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
    3. Charge your battery to almost full state (I'm not sure, but it can be reason if phone doesn't start)
    4. Turn phone off somehow (remove battery etc.)
    5. Install drivers properly
      • Get rid of all usb drivers like Nokia, microsoft visual ++ run time environments
      • Install the LG drivers by selecting the update manager from the lg site
      • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
    6. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return" and connect USB cable to phone
    7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
    8. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
    9. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
      Select Type : 3GQCT (I have one report that CDMA mod works too)
      Select PhoneMode : DIAG (in case of fail try EMERGENCY, and as last chance use CS_EMERGENCY)
    10. I Recommend do not switch phone off. There was some people, which done it and after they were not be able to turn it on again. If flashing failed, just select some another mode and try it again, again, try shake/connect disconnect, again, again....
    11. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
    12. Press Launch software update
    13. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
    14. Make sure that all update was done successfully. Phone should restart itself automatically
    15. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone
    16. Press the three button combo for HW reset of device i.e volume up + home + power button
    List to do based on Zecanilis's [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3) Still no success? Wait for more "What I can do" or just go to LG and let repair on them.

Source:
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f282/vygis-shell-v1-1-0-josedavido-1166478/ (included file named "Flash help.txt" in application)
    http://android.modaco.com/content/l...modaco-com/321895/faq-gt540-reference-thread/

Please let me know if it works. I just searched for way and I haven't possibility to test this steps for now. I will do update if it will be necessary, same as I will try describe more about software which I founded.

Some experiences from thread(s):

AVanover5: ...It works if you set the mode to CDMA and DIAG. Just to let people know. Not sure if it'd work without the recovery screen or not. I never tried it ironically, haha. Thank you guys.

geejay2: ...Bricking seems to be easily achieved by forgetting to disable the LG Modem driver. Apparently the modem driver interferes during flashing. Also I noted that kdz is not stable under Win2k, I switched to WinXP to flash successfully. I saw several aborted flashing attempts in WinXP with modem driver enabled.

domenic_s:KDZ_FW_UPD doesn't work (Application cannot start) -.- Using Windows 7 64bit version. //edit: allright tried another pc (win xp 32bit) and yeah - it worked... I'm so happy.
    About shaking (sorry, but I still can't believe... :) )
    salte_eskil:wow! shaking the phone really worked! seems kind of stupid but thanks to you all at the xda forum for tips and tricks :D:D
    4wd vege: Now unbricked. Strangely kdz updater only saw my phone after shaking!!!
    me2kimi:
    It sound crazy to shake the phone while at emergency mode. I's crazy but it magic. ...So what I do is connect to usb, Launch software update at kdz while shaking the phone. Then after that kdz is working like normal.
    Good work @The_ERROR.

It should work. I think you should also add that the phone mode should be set to Emergency (and not DIAG as mentioned) in the kdz updater.
    I don't think that it's bricked (at least not hard bricked). Emergency mode is the mode that I used, twice, to save my phone. I think that with the correct firmware, it could be fixed. Don't give up. Find it, and be sure it is the correct firmware for your phone. Then try to flash again. Again, good luck.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    i would like to follow the instruction, but i cant found LGE Virtual Modem as mentioned...

Virtual Modem is never installed. But a USB Modem is. It , the USB Modem, needs to be disabled.
    Hehe my phone is damn oki without kdz :)) wow.. found something new

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA Premium App

You should jump from the cliff and with your phone too if u don't know what are u doing, it's smple...DON'T DO THAT!