***XPERIA Z, ZL and C670X 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Search This thread

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
Let the rumor mill begin!! :laugh:

According to Xperia Blog Sony C650X ‘Odin’ model number uncovered [2013 flagship] and C660X YUGA are appearing in benchmarks

Sony Mobile is revamping its model numbers from 2013 onwards. Gone is the ST/MT/LT code structure to denote small, medium and large touchscreen handsets. Instead what we now have is a new five character model number that will be the new standard going forward.

The User-Agent Profile (UAProf) for Sony Mobile’s 2013 flagship, codenamed ‘Odin’, has been discovered (see an extract below). From the brief information, we can tell that there are three new Sony Mobile model numbers: C6502, C6503 and C6506. We understand that these are all one handset – the different last character in each model number denotes the region/carrier to be released. The UAProf shows that this 2013 flagship is running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with 10.1.A.0.XXX firmware. Excited? Let the 2013 Xperia rumours begin.

UAProf for Sony C650X ‘Odin’

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; C6502 Build/10.1.A.0.211) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; ja-jp; C6503 Build/10.1.A.0.168) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; sv-se; C6506 Build/10.1.A.0.201) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

EDIT 21-10-2012

Sony C650X Odin Phone Pictured – Concept or Leak?

EDIT 27-10-2012

Purported teaser images of Sony Yuga leak

EDIT 7-11-2012

Sony C6603 ‘Yuga’ pictures leak

EDITED 2-3-2013

New Sony C670X details leak: 4.8-inch FHD display, 1.8GHz Snapdragon 600 [Update]

We have received word of a new Sony Xperia C670X handset that is due to launch this summer. The information comes from a tipster who recently provided us with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean screenshot for the Xperia Z. Obviously, as with any rumour, treat all of the following with a pinch of salt.

In terms of specifications, the Sony C670X is expected to come with a slightly smaller display than the Xperia Z (C660X) at 4.8-inches but will still have a full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920. The C670X will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064T) chipset with 1.8GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 320 graphics. Other features include 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and a 13MP Exmor RS camera. We are told the phone is due to launch in the middle of 2013 with Android 4.2.

Along with all of this spec information, we were sent a render of the Sony C670X. We cannot tell from the picture if the C670X has a heavy glass influence like the Xperia Z or uses aluminium. Judging from the render, the ear speaker is similar in style to the Z/ZL. It looks like the top of the phone includes a front-facing camera , notification light, light sensor and proximity sensor.

Given that the expected release is still a number of months away, the design may end up changing prior to launch. This is perhaps why there are no app icons in the display area, the render only shows the latest Xperia wallpaper. Anyway, that’s all we have for now. As mentioned before, treat all of this firmly as a rumour.

Update: The image sent over is the same as used in the set up guide for the Xperia Z, despite it clearly not being a picture of the Xperia Z. So either this Sony render is a generic placeholder image used when setting up a new 2013 Sony Xperia handset or it is indeed an image of an upcoming handset that Sony has inadvertently used in the Xperia Z. [Thanks Kihoon!]

Sony-Xperia-C670X-640x603.jpg

Attachments

• odin.jpg
    odin.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,272
Last edited:

lokenok

Feb 7, 2012
Hong Kong
www.youtube.com
* 4.6"-5'0" SUPER LCD 2 display with bravia engine
* 1.5 ghz A15 QUAD CORE or S4 PRO with 2GB RAM
* MORE ADVANCED TIMESCAPE with apps like WALKMAN , ALBUM , MOVIES they can add CYBERSHOT , PLAYSTATION APPS
* 2500 MAH BATERY
* SLEEK ALUMINIUM UNIBODY DESIGN with 7-8mm thickness
* WATERPROOF / NON WATERPROOF !
* CLEAR & UNIQUE DESIGN

YES AND I COPIED FROM XPERIABLOG :)
AND No OLED Screen PLZ! Theyre horrible

Reactions: Arteni

bubuhang

Oct 23, 2010
xperia

* 4.6"-5'0" SUPER LCD 2 display with bravia engine
* 1.5 ghz A15 QUAD CORE or S4 PRO with 2GB RAM
* MORE ADVANCED TIMESCAPE with apps like WALKMAN , ALBUM , MOVIES they can add CYBERSHOT , PLAYSTATION APPS
* 2500 MAH BATERY
* SLEEK ALUMINIUM UNIBODY DESIGN with 7-8mm thickness
* WATERPROOF / NON WATERPROOF !
* CLEAR & UNIQUE DESIGN

YES AND I COPIED FROM XPERIABLOG :)
AND No OLED Screen PLZ! Theyre horrible

What's the fuss about 4.2 it hasn't gone official yet and people are demanding for it, 5in? too much for a smartphone.. OLED display? too much saturated plus BE2 very saturated. I think the more plausible approach is the new Exmor RS sensor and remove the overcompression issue, "C" reminds me of the cybershot and Sony please make it good this time, make it reach the market also ASAP, latest 2012 line have been announced but very few customers are getting it and losing interest.

I think this phone should have a slim design,
good GPU Adreno 320/latest POWERVR
at least 2100 mah
opticontrast display on V or even X-reality engine on their TV's (rather impossible but maybe..)
Camera that's on par or even better than what's on iphone 5 (Not an apple fanboy but we cannot deny how Apple uses Sony's image sensors to the fullest)
Latest OS out of the box that is optimized for the hardware and wont get crappy when updated to another version (2010,2011 and 2012 lines when updated to latest OS Versions sucked big time; JB out of the box more realistic since very few devices are running JB, wont get crappy if updated to rumored Key Lime Pie)

lokenok

Feb 7, 2012
Hong Kong
www.youtube.com
im going to buy the v when it comes , no more waiting , they release devices so late that their new device sounds better then the one released... im going to be stuck with my ray forever!!

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
Source Xperia Blog

Benchmark confirms 1080p display for Sony C660X ‘Yuga’

We are slowly piecing together a jigsaw of some awesome hardware for Sony Mobile’s 2013 flagship device(s). What we know so far is that there will be two sibling flagships – the Sony C650X ‘Odin’ (C6502, C6503, C6506) and Sony C660X ‘Yuga’ (C6603). They will be armed with a 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset (APQ8064 & Adreno 320 graphics) and MDM9615 baseband chip with LTE support. These phones are currently being tested with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and 10.1.A.0.XXX firmware.

Now we can confirm that the Sony C660X ‘Yuga’ will have a 1080p (1920 x 1080) display following an appearance in the NenaMark2 benchmark. The benchmark actually points to a resolution of 1794 x 1080, but 126 pixels are likely being used for the on-screen buttons introduced in Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The entry has already been removed from the NenaMark website, but still appears in Google Cache results.

Screen size still remains a mystery for now, but we can make some educated guesses. It is very unlikely to be sub 5-inches given the 1080p display resolution. We know that LG and Sharp have announced their own 5-inch 1080p displays. However, the biggest hint comes from a recent announcement from Japan Display Inc (JDI). For those that don’t know, JDI is a new company for small and medium-sized displays formed in April 2012 through the integration of Sony Mobile Display, Toshiba Mobile Display and Hitachi Displays. It recently announced that it has started to mass produce a 5.0-inch TFT-LCD IPS display module with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution and 443 PPI.

We do wonder if a smartphone display with pixel density over 400 PPI is a bit overkill though and whether we’d even be able to tell the difference from a 300 PPI device. We’re also not sure what kind of demands this would have on battery life, but it sounds superb nonetheless and all evidence suggests it will come to the next Sony Xperia flagship.

Via Rbmen.

Thanks @musumappa!

Last edited:
Reactions: saeed74

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
According to Xperia Blog: First Sony C6603 ‘Yuga’ sample picture appears

The first sample picture from the Sony C6603, codenamed Yuga, has appeared on Picasa. The picture itself isn’t revealing as it appears to be of a Chinese poster. The EXIF information doesn’t reveal anything we don’t know either – the compressed image hides what sensor this phone will have. However, we understand it will be running a 13MP Exmor RS CMOS sensor. This particular model is running 10.1.A.0.270 firmware (Android 4.1.1). Both Yuga (C660X) and Odin (C650X) are expected to be the Sony Mobile 2013 flagship models. We’ll bring you more information as we have it.*

Sony-C6603-snapshot2.jpg

G

GuestK00328

MUST... SELL... XPERIA T...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Who knows if that's the final design. If it is I my opinion it doesn't look that great compared to the nxt series and the arc. Flat back is nice but the sides doesn't look that great especially with the silver power button. Looks weird doesn't blend in like the tx.

I guess I'll be waiting for the Xperia x, q4 of 2013~

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
Who knows if that's the final design. If it is I my opinion it doesn't look that great compared to the nxt series and the arc. Flat back is nice but the sides doesn't look that great especially with the silver power button. Looks weird doesn't blend in like the tx.

I guess I'll be waiting for the Xperia x, q4 of 2013~

There's also Odin which hasn't been leaked yet but it might look similar.

Personally I agree that it looks not as good as the arcs or NXT phones but it still looks good. But a glass back concerns me. I'm fairly careful with my phone but one drop with Yuga and its game over.

Sent from my LT15a using xda-developers app

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
And plus its 5 inch. I can't handle it with a single hand.
and also since it's a glass back I doubt this phone would have a removable battery. ><

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    finally managed to upload the default wallpaper from my mobile! :silly:
    Dunno if it's been posted here, but CloveTechnology has put out a ton of Xperia Z videos

Xperia Z size comparison
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fqTtFNuFQ

Xperia Z software tour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_JgGp8BJ8s

Xperia Z vs. Galaxy S 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rtQ4_h5KI

Xperia Z vs. Nexus 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HFhnjswsxg

Xperia Z connectivity demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziwEPi8ArI

Xperia Z hardware tour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMkDxMNH3E

Xperia Z languages
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnL2QZrcfSU

Xperia Z MHL/HDTV demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa56Dm2j_8

Xperia Z 1080p HD video sample
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFochydD3o

Xperia Z water test
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apLURr_PIZQ

Enjoy!
    Re: ***XPERIA Z and XPERIA ZL 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Unfortunately I cannot discuss unreleased products and previously posted content must be removed.
    Let the rumor mill begin!! :laugh:

According to Xperia Blog Sony C650X ‘Odin’ model number uncovered [2013 flagship] and C660X YUGA are appearing in benchmarks

Sony Mobile is revamping its model numbers from 2013 onwards. Gone is the ST/MT/LT code structure to denote small, medium and large touchscreen handsets. Instead what we now have is a new five character model number that will be the new standard going forward.

The User-Agent Profile (UAProf) for Sony Mobile’s 2013 flagship, codenamed ‘Odin’, has been discovered (see an extract below). From the brief information, we can tell that there are three new Sony Mobile model numbers: C6502, C6503 and C6506. We understand that these are all one handset – the different last character in each model number denotes the region/carrier to be released. The UAProf shows that this 2013 flagship is running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with 10.1.A.0.XXX firmware. Excited? Let the 2013 Xperia rumours begin.

UAProf for Sony C650X ‘Odin’

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; C6502 Build/10.1.A.0.211) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; ja-jp; C6503 Build/10.1.A.0.168) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; sv-se; C6506 Build/10.1.A.0.201) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

EDIT 21-10-2012

Sony C650X Odin Phone Pictured – Concept or Leak?

EDIT 27-10-2012

Purported teaser images of Sony Yuga leak

EDIT 7-11-2012

Sony C6603 ‘Yuga’ pictures leak

EDITED 2-3-2013

New Sony C670X details leak: 4.8-inch FHD display, 1.8GHz Snapdragon 600 [Update]

We have received word of a new Sony Xperia C670X handset that is due to launch this summer. The information comes from a tipster who recently provided us with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean screenshot for the Xperia Z. Obviously, as with any rumour, treat all of the following with a pinch of salt.

In terms of specifications, the Sony C670X is expected to come with a slightly smaller display than the Xperia Z (C660X) at 4.8-inches but will still have a full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920. The C670X will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064T) chipset with 1.8GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 320 graphics. Other features include 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and a 13MP Exmor RS camera. We are told the phone is due to launch in the middle of 2013 with Android 4.2.

Along with all of this spec information, we were sent a render of the Sony C670X. We cannot tell from the picture if the C670X has a heavy glass influence like the Xperia Z or uses aluminium. Judging from the render, the ear speaker is similar in style to the Z/ZL. It looks like the top of the phone includes a front-facing camera , notification light, light sensor and proximity sensor.

Given that the expected release is still a number of months away, the design may end up changing prior to launch. This is perhaps why there are no app icons in the display area, the render only shows the latest Xperia wallpaper. Anyway, that’s all we have for now. As mentioned before, treat all of this firmly as a rumour.

Update: The image sent over is the same as used in the set up guide for the Xperia Z, despite it clearly not being a picture of the Xperia Z. So either this Sony render is a generic placeholder image used when setting up a new 2013 Sony Xperia handset or it is indeed an image of an upcoming handset that Sony has inadvertently used in the Xperia Z. [Thanks Kihoon!]

Sony-Xperia-C670X-640x603.jpg
    Re: ***XPERIA Z and XPERIA ZL 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Was all a bit rushed sorry, only had 10min.
    Found some Sony Alpha pics in the gallery, they looked stunning on the screen. Easily one of the best I've seen.
    The feeling is almost strange, there's no give or flex at all. Like it's a solid lump. There isn't another phone I can think of that feels so.... Solid! It feels carved from block rather than put together.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2