[CM9][CM10]Android 4.2 Keyboard Official

Search This thread

hotheabilly

May 24, 2012
padang
Yes indeed, this is the official link here to the Android 4.2 keyboard here. I can confirm that it works flawlessly on my CM10 by camcory. This keyboard is AWESOME!!!

ok guys, here we go again ;) this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
4. enjoy!
or if you can't install it, try push to /system/app and correct the permission.

get the apk here http://d-h.st/XuS

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-right-now/

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel

Attachments

• CaptureItPlus634873433364011871.jpg
    CaptureItPlus634873433364011871.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,971

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
I'm so excited, this keyboard support emojis for messaging (SMS), included already in apk installer. :cool:
And I noticed in original CM9 keyboard doesn't support emojis yet for SMS

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351778861227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351778861227.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,612

bbmadzky

Jun 6, 2010
Kasama
hehe, this morning when I type text messages and tap option, actually i wanna insert smiley in my text, but I saw "insert emojis" line below insert smiley line.
and I compared with my girlfriend who's using CM9 too (same device) and i didn't saw that lines in her messages option :)

She can install any emoji plugin available in the play store to be able to see the emojis too on her phone. Can't confirm yet if installing the keyboard alone does the trick on yours but do have any such app installed on your phone?

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
She can install any emoji plugin available in the play store to be able to see the emojis too on her phone. Can't confirm yet if installing the keyboard alone does the trick on yours but do have any such app installed on your phone?

Whatsapp? Line? FB Messenger? G+ messenger?
I'm not really sure which apps that I've installed before has enabled emojis
But I'm sure, I couldn't insert emojis in my text (SMS) before :laugh:

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
@ hotheabilly, do you know how to enabling swype in keyboard 4.2?
As I know, keyboard 4.2 support gesture swype included for who running +4.0 Stock ICS or CM9/CM10, but I don't know how to enable it :(

Jarlaxxe

Feb 6, 2013
Edit:
I've got it!
Click keyboard icon in left corner, and change method input to another one android keyboard (US) :)

Hi! What SMS aplication is that? Is not the SMS aplication that comes with CM. Well, is it but un blue color, not green.
Thanks!

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel

Jarlaxxe

Feb 6, 2013
It is theme for CM9 from ibanez7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31846367
Seems like no updates to latest CM9 RCs.
But if you like, download the theme, extract, and push MMS.apk manually to /system/app
Don't forget set permissions to RW- R-- R--

>sent from tapatalk <

Thanks so much! Installing .apk on the CM10 can produce any error with it?
On the other hand, I wish to see an screenshot of the contacts.apk and dialer.

Thanks so much for the quickly reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes indeed, this is the official link here to the Android 4.2 keyboard here. I can confirm that it works flawlessly on my CM10 by camcory. This keyboard is AWESOME!!!

ok guys, here we go again ;) this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
    2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
    3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
    4. enjoy!
    or if you can't install it, try push to /system/app and correct the permission.

get the apk here http://d-h.st/XuS

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-right-now/
    Edit:
    I've got it!
    Click keyboard icon in left corner, and change method input to another one android keyboard (US) :)

Are you got force close ? I get force close . I try too replace the original keyboard with this one, and fix permission, then reboot. how do you instal it ?

Just put in my SD Card, tap and install. So far I've never got force close

I'm so excited, this keyboard support emojis for messaging (SMS), included already in apk installer. :cool:
    And I noticed in original CM9 keyboard doesn't support emojis yet for SMS

how? I even didn't know that :silly:
    how? I even didn't know that :silly:

hehe, this morning when I type text messages and tap option, actually i wanna insert smiley in my text, but I saw "insert emojis" line below insert smiley line.
    and I compared with my girlfriend who's using CM9 too (same device) and i didn't saw that lines in her messages option :)