Stuck at Samsung Logo -- SDHC Card Problem

Search This thread

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida
The day I got my 2014 Note, I put a "Team" MicroHD card in it. The device worked fine, but a reboot got it stuck at the Samsung Logo. I played around with it and somehow it booted and I didn't think about it again till yesterday, now some months later. I just figured it was new and "glitched".

Yesterday, I did a reboot and once again stuck at the Samsung logo. I could get into recovery and Download easily. I am not rooted, all stock.

I finally saw something about SD cards, pulled my card and it rebooted. Then I restarted again, no problems.

Put he card back in and stuck at boot Logo, regular as clockwork.

so some questions:

1) Can I just pull the data off and put on a new card and everything will work fine on it? I had moved a lot of programs to the SD card.

2) Should I move the data to the device and onto the new card? I'm worried about symbolic links and such. I don't know if pulling off to a windows machine would screw up permissions and what not. Maybe that doen't matter on the card since it is FAT32 anyhow?

3) This card "works" fine once the system is up and it is inserted, anyway to fix that do you think?

Last edited:

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013
The day I got my 2014 Note, I put a "Team" MicroHD card in it. The device worked fine, but a reboot got it stuck at the Samsung Logo. I played around with it and somehow it booted and I didn't think about it again till yesterday, now some months later. I just figured it was new and "glitched".

Yesterday, I did a reboot and once again stuck at the Samsung logo. I could get into recovery and Download easily. I am not rooted, all stock.

I finally saw something about SD cards, pulled my card and it rebooted. Then I restarted again, no problems.

Put he card back in and stuck at boot Logo, regular as clockwork.

so some questions:

1) Can I just pull the data off and put on a new card and everything will work fine on it? I had moved a lot of programs to the SD card.

2) Should I move the data to the device and onto the new card? I'm worried about symbolic links and such. I don't know if pulling off to a windows machine would screw up permissions and what not. Maybe that doen't matter on the card since it is FAT32 anyhow?

3) This card "works" fine once the system is up and it is inserted, anyway to fix that do you think?

Try downloading sd booster, and select your internal memory at boot up

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida
Well, I'm in a much different place now.

I rooted and installed TWRP.

The SD Booster didn't help.

No matter what I did, there was one gig of data that was on the card that the OS didn't "see" properly.

This data was the data put there by the OS when I went thru and did a lot of "Move to SD Card" actions. I could see the files in Windows but not in Android by any of the Rooted FileManagers.

So I went into TWRP and wiped that disk and Formatted it. Now the system will boot with the card in and I did a Nandroid backup in TWRP to make sure it was working OK and booted with Data on it.

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013

No matter what I did, there was one gig of data that was on the card that the OS didn't "see" properly.

This data was the data put there by the OS when I went thru and did a lot of "Move to SD Card" actions. I could see the files in Windows but not in Android by any of the Rooted FileManagers.

So I went into TWRP and wiped that disk and Formatted it. Now the system will boot with the card in and I did a Nandroid backup in TWRP to make sure it was working OK and booted with Data on it.

I had the same problem, my n understanding is when it boots up for some reason the tablet looks for its system files on the wrong memory , I.e the sd card . It doesn't find it but keeps trying therefore stuck on a loop. I downloaded sd boosted, put the cache up and selected the option for the internal memory to be used at boot

I'm not following ya here, can you elaborate on why this would work?

EDIT: Just noticed it needs ROOT to run

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013
Just in case here instruction, I set both memory's to 512mbu

Attachments

• 1394160682005.jpg
    1394160682005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 33

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013
I'd say check if it's the same with a different sd card, think generally SanDisk or samsung are the best to use