|ROM|32A|6.35|2.1|Smoki X.1|18/9/10|Rogers Official 2.1|Come And See For Yourself|

Search This thread

klothius

Dec 3, 2009
Beograd
THIS ROM IS FOR NEW RADIO FOR 32A HTC SAPPHIRE(6.35.x.x) WITH ENG SPL 1.76.2007 ONLY !!!

First of all thanks goes to Amon_Ra for his recovery, MoDaCo for finding the 1.76.2007 SPL for HERO that works on Magic too and of course special thanks goes to all developers here who are working or have worked and developed for our magic devices :D

Thank you capychimp for everything that you did on this build :)

Thank you seo for transparent lockscreen :)

Thank you snq for a very good work on reboot powermenu :)

Thank you villainteam for friendstream,newsreader and legend mail widgets

Thank you tnp_lek for Wired Tether :)

Thank you idanfima for finding legend mail widgets :)

Thank you all testers :)

And last, but not least, thank everyone else that at one time contributed to this or previous builds of Smoki, I appreciate it ;)

This ROM is based on official Rogers HTC Magic 2.1 update and uses a stock htc 2.6.29 kernel (COME ON HTC, WE NEED SOURCES FOR IT).

------What will you get in this build------
-Everything usual and official
-Gallery3D
-VoiceSearch
-VoiceDialer
-FriendStream app and widget
-NewsReader app and widget
-Transparent LockScreen
-Transparent Notification background
-EVO-like settings widgets
-HTC Clock Widget that flips like on those oooold 1.5 roms
-That good old 1.5 green Sense loading spinners
-Data partition 290MB big
-Apps2SD working with EXT2 and EXT3 partitions
-Brut maps along with the usual official Maps app
-ES File explorer
-aNetShare app for wireless tether
-Legend Mail Widgets
-Native USB Wired Tethering
-HTC_IME with Voice Input for English language (supports azerty for french language selection)
-TouchWiz3 Launcher
-LiveWallPapers with TouchWiz launcher or any launcher of its kind (like ADW launcher or Launcher PRO) - note that some big ass livewallpapers will not work after putting the phone to sleep
-Reboot sub-menu in phone power options
-A LOT of melodies for notifications, ringtones, alarms and such
-VoiceCommander that came in Rogers official rom ( placed on data partition for easy removal)
-Browser with easier copy-paste function
-MarketAcess app for simulating sim numeric identification to allow you to see paid and protected apps if it's needed
-Super cool bootanimation :D
-Removed Java app, Footprints app and widget, Stocks app and widget and all of them can be brought back by installing app pack found down below
-ZipAlign all newly installed apps on every boot
-Some cache files are being removed on every boot ( download and install app called CacheMate if you want to have your phone 100 percent clean of cache leftovers)
-Multilanguage
-Root and superuser...of course ;)
-etc etc etc

-----Languages supported-----
-Czech
-Danish
-German
-English
-Spanish
-France
-Italian
-Netherlands
-Norwegian
-Polish
-Portuguese(Brazil)
-Portuguese(Portugal)
-Swedish
-Greek
-Russian
-Chinese
-Hebrew
-Japanese
-Thai(using morelocale from the market)
-What else you find

HOW TO INSTALL
* If you had signal loss problems with previous builds, make sure you follow the steps from 1 to 9 , the rest of you can also do this as it will bring you to the latest radio, but you do not have to. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL THE NEW RADIO PROCEED TO READ FROM STEP 9(including this step)
1)If upgrading from some other 6.35 radio, make sure you have 1.76.2007 engineering SPL installed
2)Make sure you have fastboot working
3)Download the radio.img file from HERE
4)Place the radio.img file in the folder where your fastboot is located(usually tools folder)
5)Connect your phone to pc using USB
6)Reboot the phone to bootloader(fastboot)
-You can do this by typing "adb reboot bootloader" in terminal
-You can do this by shutting the phone down completely and then boot it up by holding the POWER button and BACK button at the same time
7)Type in terminal console or command prompt console
Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
8)Now type
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
and make sure you now have radio 6.35.16.19
9)Extract the already downloaded EXTRACT ME FINAL SMOKI X zip and place both newly extracted files onto the root of your sdcard fat32 partition(files have names Smoki_X.zip and Partition_layout_fixed.zip)
10)Reboot the phone to recovery.
11)Wipe data
12)Flash Partition_layout_Fixed.zip and wait for it to reboot back into recovery
13)Flash Smoki_X.zip
14)Flash Smoki_X.1.zip
15)Reboot the phone and wait for the setupwizard to appear
16)IF YOU GET FC ON FIRST BOOT BEFORE SETUPWIZARD(it's mostly FCing because of com.android.settings), REMOVE THE SIMCARD AND FINISH THE SETUPWIZARD LIKE YOU WOULD NORMALLY DO, LET THE SENSEUI LOAD AND PUT THE SIMCARD BACK
17)After you've passed setup wizard and after senseui has loaded, install whatever the apps you want from the market and do a REBOOT or else there are BIG chances you'll have sense reloading by itself for no reason on returning to homescreen
18)Double check to make sure you did a reboot like I told you in the step above
19)Go get me some Heineken
20)AAAAAAND yo're done :)

HOW TO REVERT PARTITIONING BACK TO STOCK
Partitioning reverts back in two occasions
*First one being getting back on old radio and thus flashing different radio, spl, recovery and erasing system
*Second being a manual one and includes staying with this radio and spl.
TO REVERT BACK AND STAY WITH THE NEW RADIO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS
1)Download AmonRA 1.6.2 recovery patched by cursordroid from > HERE
3)Place the recovery image downloaded from the above link into the folder with fastboot (usually the tools folder) and rename it(basically just shorten the name) to recovery.img
4)Reboot the phone into the bootloader(fastboot)
5)Type from terminal or command prompt
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase userdata -w
fastboot erase cache -w
6)Reboot into recovery
7)Flash whatever the rom you like(except smoki from 0.7.7 and up that needs partition layout)
8)Get me a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds

-----Changelog-----

Smoki X.1

-Fixed slowdowns and lags and stuttering
-Better memory management
-Fixed low mic volume(thx cypis for testing)
-Fixed low memory on downloading bigger apps from market.
-Added Wired USB tether (huge thx to tnp_lek for finding out what's up with this)
-Added legend mail widgets(thx villainteam and idanfima)
-Added HTC_IME with voice input(english only voice input) and possibility to change to azerty keyboard (like the one in previous Smoki builds)

Smoki X

-New base - Rogers official 2.1
-Because of the above, and in addition to new radio, all of you who had signal loss with default base and had to flash GSM FIX, be assured, that is a thing of the past ;)
-Added reboot menu into power boot options (thx nsq and capy)
-Changed kernel to official htc 2.6.29
-Because of the above, no more need for charging fix
-Because of the above, max freq is 528Mhz
-No more compcache because no kernel source available
-Tweaked settings, so we have multitasking available(it's not like on previous builds because compcache is lacking, but in comparison with rogers official rom, it's got more chances to allow more apps to run)
-Changed bootanimation
-All of you who met with already enabled data networks on first boot(3G, 2G, doesn't matter) will have enhanced GPS lock
-I'm guessing there's more to it, but I'm going to sleep and I don't have the will to think anymore...when I try to think about it, I DO BELIEVE that there is more to it, but that's where my thinking stops

DOWNLOAD SECTION

-Base ROM - Smoki X http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/EXTRACT ME FINAL SMOKI X.zip/download

-No Wipe Update - Smoki X.1 http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/Smoki_X.1.zip/download

-App Pack that will get you Footprints, Java app and Stocks app http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/App_Pack_X.zip/download

-Hebrew Font Packhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/hebrewfont.zip/download

***IF YOU DESTROYED YOUR PHONE IN EITHER WAY AND/OR YOU HAVE SOME POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SINDROME FROM VISITING THIS PAGE OR INSTALLING THIS ROM, PLEASE BE VERY ASSURED I VERY MUCH DO NOT CARE ABOUT IT...oh and yeah, I'm not responsible for those things...nor for anything else that happens for that matter***

Attachments

• clear_dalvik-cache.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Smoki_0.4.5.1.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 552
  • GSM_FIX.zip
    210.2 KB · Views: 2,585
  • Smoki_0.6.4.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:

klothius

Dec 3, 2009
Beograd
reserved

THIS ROM IS FOR NEW RADIO FOR 32A HTC SAPPHIRE(6.35.x.x) WITH ENG SPL 1.76 ONLY !!!

First of all thanks goes to Amon_Ra for his recovery, MoDaCo for finding the 1.76.2007 SPL for HERO that works on Magic too and of course special thanks goes to all developers here who are working or have worked and developed for our magic devices :D

This ROM is based on Official 2.1 WWE Hero OTA and with this we are just one step away from the official thing !

This is SenseUI 2.1 ROM with newest 2.6.32 kernel for new radio by sanpei(BIG THANKS to you too bro for helping me with rom and for making a kernel that is currently more than usable for everyday use).

Thanks to capychimp for multilanguage.

Thanks to Taknarosh to his bootanimation which I have modified to make it work here.

Thanks to VillainTeam from Hero section for their work on friendstream and newswidget which I have used in 0.7 and up builds.

So to get to the point >>>>

Working :
-Pretty much everything usual +
-HTC_CIME
-MMS - From the box.....setup your apn for mms and data connection and you're good to go.
-Live Wallpapers - use with included ADW launcher or with some other launcher or the market that can use LWP (like launcher pro). I have not included any live wallpapers with rom as there was no space left, but you can download them from the market or pull out from some other roms that use more live wallpapers. Also note that some "high end" livewallpapers won't work properly and will die on screen off. No way for me to solve it for now, but there are plenty lwps that are working perfectly ;)
-Multilanguage(thx capychimp)
-Optional JIT (find it below on this page)
-USB tethering
-LED charging light
-All HTC widgets
-Friendstream(thx villainteam)
-Newswidget(thx villainteam)
-290MB data partition
-Old-school green loading spinner
-Zipalign installed apps on every boot
-640x480 video recording (thx capychimp)
-Removal of cache on every boot(if you wish to have 100% clean phone from cache leftovers, take a look at app CacheMate)
-And more ;)

Not working/Missing :
-LED notifications only in green (install HeroLED from Market if you wish to have all leds, but you're doing it on your own - I won't give support if it breaks something)

Languages supported :
-Czech
-Danish
-German
-English
-Spanish
-France
-Italian
-Netherlands
-Norwegian
-Polish
-Portuguese(Brazil)
-Portuguese(Portugal)
-Swedish
-Greek
-Russian
-Chinese(later coming)

Before flashing this, DO A WIPE AND DELETE ALL ANDROID FILES ON YOUR SDCARD(files which aren't yours like Android, rosie_scroll and etc ; leave music, DCIM and stuff like that)

READ THIS BELOW !!!​

If you get missing HTC Widgets at any point, go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > HTC Sense > Clear Data > press home button > wait for SenseUI to load up

Please people, read additional info to see if your problem is mentioned there or some no wipe update for something before posting a question. Thank you :)

Check up on logcat from time to time either via pc or using quick system info that's included and look for any signs of bluetooth getting stuck on reading databases as that is a known issue with this latest kernel

IF YOU GET FC WHILE BOOTING FOR THE FIRST TIME WHEN TYPING IN YOUR PIN CODE, REMOVE YOUR SIM CARD AND BOOT AGAIN, SETUP EVERYTHING, LET IT LOAD AND THEN PUT BACK YOUR SIM CARD

DOWNLOAD :

****0.8****
-Fixed Weather Animations (or Weather Wallpapers, how HTC calls them...you know...the thing that animates your weather when you unlock your phone ? The thing most of you got all excited when 2.1 came out first ?)
-Changed the way init.d script executed to allow zipaligning of apps on ext partition(thanks to mrsaccess for making a point ;))
-Governor changed to ondemand again and disabled one more sched function
-Fixed sleep death bug (I hope)
-Maybe fixed fc on first boot for some users(that's just a maybe, so don't take my word for it...either way, you should wipe to test this)
-Brought HTC wallpapers back to system partition and linked them back to their place in HTC Wallpapers sub-menu(when selecting a wallpaper). You are free to remove smoki htc wallpaper folder from your sdcard
-Optimized compcache and memory management and I think it's now for good - I DO NOT SUPPORT TASK KILLERS** OR APPS THAT CHANGE INTERNAL ANDROID TASK KILLER SETTINGS
-Faster, smoother....and yeah, I am saying that for most my versions, but yeah, it is like it, it's just all those other problems make it look awful....now, I hope that's not gonna happen ;)
-Possibly better battery life
-Placed some important stuff directly into RAM(still experimental, but just so that I am not completely sure what should be directly placed there, functionality remains the same)
-Because of the above, you get faster starting browser, faster loading pages in browser(those are most noticeable)
-Because of the above, freed 7.3MB from data partition (the added twitter app and droidx keyboard is gonna make it up for it, but as that's uninstallable, you can reclaim that space ;))
-Added Hebrew, japanese and more languages(thanks capy) - flash the appropriate font pack to get hebrew working properly
-Removed Peep(HtcTwitter) - HTC forgot that Twitter announced last December that it was changing the API;so now it's basically useless to us - when HTC fixes it, I'll bring it back
-Added official Twitter app as a replacement for the above - you can uninstall it as it's being placed on data partition
-Removed ADW launcher as it can be easily found on the market
-Added Samsung TouchWiz3 Launcher (thanks to kenshin for making it for mdpi devices)
-Added DroidX multitouch keyboard - it is placed in data partition, so you can easily uninstall it
-Updated brut.all maps to build v16 (it is uninstallable)
-Maybe something else....I really cannot think of anything currently lol
** if you have some app stuck or you know that app drains your battery, then you can use task killer to kill it, what I meant above is that I do not support constant killing of normal apps and most of all...automatic killing of them

****0.7.8****
-Fixed extreme battery drain
-Fixed extreme slowdowns and FCs overtime(it might be even more snapier a bit because of this)

****0.7.7****
-Partition layout changed to get us 290MB data partition
-Fixed slow market upon first boot
-Fixed total freeze when installing apps
-Bluetooth should behave a bit better
-Lowered the slowdown when listening to music and doing other stuff
-Changed the governor back to performance and also disabled some scheduler features
-Changed memory settings and lowered swappiness
-Reverted dalvik cache to data partition again as there is no more need for it to be on /cache
-Because of the above, first boot will be slightly faster
-Added script to delete cache files upon every boot (thanks dominukk for initial script and the idea - use CacheMate from the market if you wish to clear ALL of your caches and keep your phone clean 100% clean ;))
-Fixed long first boot senseui loading screen
-Changed HTC_IME with the one with voice input(english only voice) which is a bit more responsive (yeah, you can change the language on that one again)
-Updated MarketAccess app to latest build
-Updated Brut.all Maps app to latest build (v15)
-Most apps should open as fast as they can and process as fast as they can
-Hopefully fixed rosie reloading with friendstream and newswidget on home
-Added eStrongs file explorer app latest version as per requests of a lot of people
-Brought back the good old green loading spinner like in 1.5 sense roms :) (it might not be the absolute same color, but it's pretty close - thanks to my friend Milos :))
-Popup messages won't take forever to load and unload anymore
-Replaced battery icon with the one with bars(the one Binary had in his 4.xx CM theme and the same one as in cursorsense)
-This build *might* be a bit more stable with JIT, but that's just a guess - please use the new JIT zip to activate it
-Added 640x480 video recording (tested on both JIT and normal version) - thanks capychimp for being the first to implement this in his roms
-Fixed FC for Jbed.apk(it is found in addition apps pack as it runs most of the time in background even if not in use)
-Removed Jbed.apk, Stock.apk(and the apps widget)(it was syncing even if you don't even use it), Teeter.apk and Footprints.apk(and the apps widget) - all of those apps can be found in app pack

****0.7.6****
-Smoother UI with friendstream and newswidget placed on home(note that these two widgets do a lot of work in the background when you go to them, so it can be a bit choppy at times, but a lot less now)
-Should have fixed Rosie reloading when newswidget and friendstream placed on home OR at least lowered the possibility for it to happen (I tested this on JIT only, so if it's not working with no JIT, tell me)
-Some apps will open faster and react faster
-Tweaked memory settings
-Tweaked compcache settings
-Tweaked some other stuff
-Added legend browser
-Added transparent lockscreen - big thanks to user seo
-Fixed loud minimum media volume
-Updated JIT to v9 (if you wish to continue using JIT, do flash newer, it should be more stable - also note that I've fixed jit disable ;)
-Added charging problem fix - see down below for download link (it is separate from the base update)
-Maybe something more...it's been a long time since I started this update lol

****0.7.5****
-Added chinese support(thx capy)
-A bit smoother/faster UI
-Removed weather animations because of the memory leak
-Because of the above, you'll no longer have any slowing down or lagging or sluggishness after some period of using the phone
-Added zipalign of apps on data partition on boot
-Brought back compcache
-Tweaked around memory stuff
-Battery should be better
-Fixed problem of protected apps not showing
-Fixed problem with Rogers cutting off data when using this ROM
-Added powertop for viewing battery usage
-Updated SuperUser from ChainsDD to newest, 2.2, version
-Added shell reboot
-Should have fixed the problem of apps reloading themselves when they are in use(market app, people app and etc)
-Rosie (Sense Home) should not reload anymore that often
-Changed apn list - there could be some apns missing here, so if your apn is one of them, contact me via pm and I'll add them
-Maybe something more, I really don't remember :D

****0.7****
-New base, smoother base
-Changed bootscreen animation
-Added Friendstream
-Added Newsreader
-Added Today in History widget
-Added HTC Navi panel as per requests
-Brought back weather animations
-Left normal maps app and added brut.all maps v14 (uninstallable)(thx brut)
-Updated ADW Launcher
-Replaced lockscreen with desire like one
-Speed tweaks
-In sense with this above change, *everything* is faster
-Improved 3D performance
-HTC wallpapers have been removed from phone, but they are copied over to your SDCARD in a folder named "HTC_Wallpapers_Smoki" - watch out when reflashing multiple times, be sure to delete this folder before reflash
-Fixed problem with the missing ringtones and bootanimation when doing a nandroid restore
-Fully deodexed and optimized build

Smoki 0.8

DOWNLOAD - I recommend a wipe, but you *could* do a no wipe if coming from 0.7.x although you might loose some stuff from changelog and you also might have other problems If you had twitter account setup in previous builds of smoki and you're doing a no wipe update, please remove the twitter account FIRST(before flashing 0.8)

MD5 : c524e069d84a35af377936864b36e5d8

**********Charging FIX**********
DOWNLOAD
-This is the kernel build from 0.6.8 with all the tweaks from 0.8. Do note that you might experience slightly faster battery drain or some other weird stuff that the original 0.8 does not have. Also note that this kernel is not overclocked.

**********App Pack**********
DOWNLOAD APP PACK - Will install Stocks app, Jbed.apk (Java app), Teeter.apk and Footprints.apk

**********Hebrew Font**********
DOWNLOAD Hebrew Font + Keyboard - thanks capy

IMPORTANT!!! READ BELOW

Proper Install Guide for 0.8

-Extract the zip file you have downloaded
-Place the two newly found zips on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery
-WIPE DATA
-Flash Partition_Layout.zip and wait for it to reboot back to recovery
-Flash Smoki_0.8_FINAL.zip
-Reboot

I really hope that developers will adopt this partitioning, but until that happens, IF YOU WISH TO FLASH SOME OTHER ROM AFTER FLASHING 0.7.7(other rom in means previous builds of Smoki or some other custom rom made by other devs), DOWNLOAD THE FILE BELOW AND FLASH IT RIGHT AFTER FLASHING NEW ROM(that applies to updates to that rom as well)
DOWNLOAD BOOT PATCH

IF you wish to revert back to the default partition layout(which is not needed unless you're taking a phone for a repair or you're just unsecure) do this :
Code:
-Wipe data through recovery
-while still in recovery, type adb shell reboot bootloader
-Download some new radio compatible recovery and place it in tools folder and rename it to recovery.img
-fastboot erase system -w
-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

For older releases of Full ROMs and Updates, find them on >>> SOURCEFORGE

IF YOU GET GSM SIGNAL PROBLEMS, FLASH >>>>> THIS

***I, sanpei, xda or anyone else here for that matter, am/is/are not responsible for damage done to your phone while flashing this.

Attachments

• DialerOne.zip
    210.3 KB · Views: 147
  • reverse_htclockscreen_0.4.5.1.zip
    576.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

DavidX_07

Dec 24, 2008
Rotterdam
Sorry I'm green ;) I'm d/ling now rom from first link - how must I partition my sd card ? because you wrote something about cache and data partition ?

klothius

Dec 3, 2009
Beograd
The good thing about it is that you don't have to partition anything really...unless you want apps2sd, which I presume you weren't asking about :)

DavidX_07

Dec 24, 2008
Rotterdam
First impressions are very nice. It's very very fast rom :O I will continue testing when Magic will boot up because when I try to dial a number he hang up :/

ricardomega

Jan 5, 2009
Krakow (Poland)
I've to update all people of this:

- This is the first ever 2.1 ROM that I can put ALL application that I was using in the 1.5 working without any FC or reboot required.
- My WLAN connection is able to download without making any timeout.
- Lost of space for app's
- Fast and responsive
- Exchange also working with no issues

Things I haven't test:
- Make phone calls :p Is 4:55 AM
- HTC Sync (I don't use it, ADB works great)

Once again I would like to thank for this wonderful work!

DavidX_07

Dec 24, 2008
Rotterdam
I can totaly agree with #ricardomega - rom working great. Smoothly, fast and looks stable (ony one crash for me). If battery performance will good I will leave this rom for 24/7 usieng :)

great work!

BTW is there any possibility to make some additional languages ? (polish for ex) :)

novat

Oct 10, 2009
Surfers Paradise, QLD
Works really well! Nice and fast and because you can choose between sense ui and launcher 1 & 2 u get the best of both... well of all three worlds!

My only complaint is that I can't seem to get Friend Stream to work. Any ideas?

Also, would be really awesome if the launcher2 could have the apps 'wrap around' at the top and bottom of the list instead of just disappearing? But that is just a minor request to make it look better :)

Will be using this one as my daily rom for the time being until the next awesome rom comes along ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS FOR NEW RADIO FOR 32A HTC SAPPHIRE(6.35.x.x) WITH ENG SPL 1.76.2007 ONLY !!!

Thank you capychimp for everything that you did on this build :)

Thank you seo for transparent lockscreen :)

Thank you snq for a very good work on reboot powermenu :)

Thank you villainteam for friendstream,newsreader and legend mail widgets

Thank you tnp_lek for Wired Tether :)

Thank you idanfima for finding legend mail widgets :)

Thank you all testers :)

And last, but not least, thank everyone else that at one time contributed to this or previous builds of Smoki, I appreciate it ;)

This ROM is based on official Rogers HTC Magic 2.1 update and uses a stock htc 2.6.29 kernel (COME ON HTC, WE NEED SOURCES FOR IT).

------What will you get in this build------
    -Everything usual and official
    -Gallery3D
    -VoiceSearch
    -VoiceDialer
    -FriendStream app and widget
    -NewsReader app and widget
    -Transparent LockScreen
    -Transparent Notification background
    -HTC Clock Widget that flips like on those oooold 1.5 roms
    -That good old 1.5 green Sense loading spinners
    -Data partition 290MB big
    -Apps2SD working with EXT2 and EXT3 partitions
    -Brut maps along with the usual official Maps app
    -ES File explorer
    -aNetShare app for wireless tether
    -Legend Mail Widgets
    -Native USB Wired Tethering
    -HTC_IME with Voice Input for English language (supports azerty for french language selection)
    -TouchWiz3 Launcher
    -LiveWallPapers with TouchWiz launcher or any launcher of its kind (like ADW launcher or Launcher PRO) - note that some big ass livewallpapers will not work after putting the phone to sleep
    -Reboot sub-menu in phone power options
    -A LOT of melodies for notifications, ringtones, alarms and such
    -VoiceCommander that came in Rogers official rom ( placed on data partition for easy removal)
    -Browser with easier copy-paste function
    -MarketAcess app for simulating sim numeric identification to allow you to see paid and protected apps if it's needed
    -Super cool bootanimation :D
    -Removed Java app, Footprints app and widget, Stocks app and widget and all of them can be brought back by installing app pack found down below
    -ZipAlign all newly installed apps on every boot
    -Some cache files are being removed on every boot ( download and install app called CacheMate if you want to have your phone 100 percent clean of cache leftovers)
    -Multilanguage
    -Root and superuser...of course ;)
    -etc etc etc

-----Languages supported-----
    -Czech
    -Danish
    -German
    -English
    -Spanish
    -France
    -Italian
    -Netherlands
    -Norwegian
    -Polish
    -Portuguese(Brazil)
    -Portuguese(Portugal)
    -Swedish
    -Greek
    -Russian
    -Chinese
    -Hebrew
    -Japanese
    -Thai(using morelocale from the market)
    -What else you find

HOW TO INSTALL
    * If you had signal loss problems with previous builds, make sure you follow the steps from 1 to 9 , the rest of you can also do this as it will bring you to the latest radio, but you do not have to. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL THE NEW RADIO PROCEED TO READ FROM STEP 9(including this step)
    1)If upgrading from some other 6.35 radio, make sure you have 1.76.2007 engineering SPL installed
    3)Download the radio.img file from HERE
    4)Place the radio.img file in the folder where your fastboot is located(usually tools folder)
    5)Connect your phone to pc using USB
    6)Reboot the phone to bootloader(fastboot)
    -You can do this by typing "adb reboot bootloader" in terminal
    -You can do this by shutting the phone down completely and then boot it up by holding the POWER button and BACK button at the same time
    7)Type in terminal console or command prompt console
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    8)Now type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    and make sure you now have radio 6.35.16.19
    9)Extract the already downloaded EXTRACT ME FINAL SMOKI X zip and place both newly extracted files onto the root of your sdcard fat32 partition(files have names Smoki_X.zip and Partition_layout_fixed.zip)
    10)Reboot the phone to recovery.
    11)Wipe data
    12)Flash Partition_layout_Fixed.zip and wait for it to reboot back into recovery
    13)Flash Smoki_X.zip
    14)Flash Smoki_X.1.zip
    15)Reboot the phone and wait for the setupwizard to appear
    16)IF YOU GET FC ON FIRST BOOT BEFORE SETUPWIZARD(it's mostly FCing because of com.android.settings), REMOVE THE SIMCARD AND FINISH THE SETUPWIZARD LIKE YOU WOULD NORMALLY DO, LET THE SENSEUI LOAD AND PUT THE SIMCARD BACK
    17)After you've passed setup wizard and after senseui has loaded, install whatever the apps you want from the market and do a REBOOT or else there are BIG chances you'll have sense reloading by itself for no reason on returning to homescreen
    18)Double check to make sure you did a reboot like I told you in the step above
    19)Go get me some Heineken
    20)AAAAAAND yo're done :)

HOW TO REVERT PARTITIONING BACK TO STOCK
    Partitioning reverts back in two occasions
    *First one being getting back on old radio and thus flashing different radio, spl, recovery and erasing system
    *Second being a manual one and includes staying with this radio and spl.
    TO REVERT BACK AND STAY WITH THE NEW RADIO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS
    1)Download AmonRA 1.6.2 recovery patched by cursordroid from > HERE
    3)Place the recovery image downloaded from the above link into the folder with fastboot (usually the tools folder) and rename it(basically just shorten the name) to recovery.img
    4)Reboot the phone into the bootloader(fastboot)
    5)Type from terminal or command prompt
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot erase system -w
    fastboot erase userdata -w
    fastboot erase cache -w
    6)Reboot into recovery
    7)Flash whatever the rom you like(except smoki from 0.7.7 and up that needs partition layout)
    8)Get me a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds

-----Changelog-----

Smoki X.1

-Fixed slowdowns and lags and stuttering
    -Better memory management
    -Fixed low mic volume(thx cypis for testing)
    -Fixed low memory on downloading bigger apps from market.
    -Added Wired USB tether (huge thx to tnp_lek for finding out what's up with this)
    -Added legend mail widgets(thx villainteam and idanfima)
    -Added HTC_IME with voice input(english only voice input) and possibility to change to azerty keyboard (like the one in previous Smoki builds)

Smoki X

-New base - Rogers official 2.1
    -Because of the above, and in addition to new radio, all of you who had signal loss with default base and had to flash GSM FIX, be assured, that is a thing of the past ;)
    -Added reboot menu into power boot options (thx nsq and capy)
    -Changed kernel to official htc 2.6.29
    -Because of the above, no more need for charging fix
    -Because of the above, max freq is 528Mhz
    -No more compcache because no kernel source available
    -Tweaked settings, so we have multitasking available(it's not like on previous builds because compcache is lacking, but in comparison with rogers official rom, it's got more chances to allow more apps to run)
    -Changed bootanimation
    -All of you who met with already enabled data networks on first boot(3G, 2G, doesn't matter) will have enhanced GPS lock
    -I'm guessing there's more to it, but I'm going to sleep and I don't have the will to think anymore...when I try to think about it, I DO BELIEVE that there is more to it, but that's where my thinking stops

DOWNLOAD SECTION

-Base ROM - Smoki X http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/EXTRACT ME FINAL SMOKI X.zip/download

-No Wipe Update - Smoki X.1 http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/Smoki_X.1.zip/download

-App Pack that will get you Footprints, Java app and Stocks app http://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/App_Pack_X.zip/download

-Hebrew Font Packhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/smoki/files/Smoki_X/hebrewfont.zip/download

***IF YOU DESTROYED YOUR PHONE IN EITHER WAY AND/OR YOU HAVE SOME POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SINDROME FROM VISITING THIS PAGE OR INSTALLING THIS ROM, PLEASE BE VERY ASSURED I VERY MUCH DO NOT CARE ABOUT IT...oh and yeah, I'm not responsible for those things...nor for anything else that happens for that matter***
    Hi, i cannot link my google contacts with facebook contacts (FriendStream works, but People App. doesn't see any facebook contacts).