[Q] Best keyboard to use with Vegacomb? (with larger keys?)

Search This thread

meehog

Aug 21, 2010
Anybody have any recommendations on a keyboard to use with Vegacomb? I like the big keys with the stock keyboard but it's not very customisable, i tried Smart keyboard pro but they keys are too small, and if I change the key height, all the letters are then misaligned with the keys.

I guess it's because of the different screen resolution, so does anybody know of any similar keyboards to smart keyboard with bigger keys?

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Anybody have any recommendations on a keyboard to use with Vegacomb? I like the big keys with the stock keyboard but it's not very customisable, i tried Smart keyboard pro but they keys are too small, and if I change the key height, all the letters are then misaligned with the keys.

I guess it's because of the different screen resolution, so does anybody know of any similar keyboards to smart keyboard with bigger keys?
I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro and have no such problems.
And few posts down there is a thread about which keyboards work best with Advent Vega.
And it's not too long either.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915686

Last edited:

meehog

Aug 21, 2010
sorted it now, updated to newest version and its much more usable, thanks anyway.

Dyonas

Jul 18, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I'm a big fan of Swiftkey X for tablets. The default keyboard is nice because of the two shift keys but having to press one key to get to numbers instead of a long press is hard to get used to. Swiftkey has a split keyboard option or a normal keyboard with the split having letters on either side and numbers in the middle plus it learns as you type and has a lot of customisation in themes, key height and width, long press duration.

.... I realise that sounds like a big ad but I promise you I'm as jobless as they come, just a fan of a good and usable keyboard. I have the phone version as well but I'm really liking the new HTC Sense 3.5 swipe enabled keyboard.

gjc

Apr 9, 2008
I like Thumb Keyboard - lots of styles and sizes to choose from.

+1 for Thumb keyboard

Mainly use the half screen keyboard as it means I can hold the tablet with one hand and type with the other without having to reach back/forth across the tablet all the time.

moose.splash1

Feb 19, 2012
Los Angeles
GO keyboard is really good and I think has the option to increase or decrease keyboard key sizes. Also it has themes!
Hope this helped!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

streetwise

Nov 30, 2009
Multiling keyboard is quite handy especially if you need different layouts. Also, the keys are (both vertically and horizontally) sufficiently big.

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011

An alternative to changing the keyboard type is to use the one you like the layout on and change the DPI setting using DPI Changer or similar app. Curiously, the reduction of the DPI setting decreases the size of the icons, but increases the size of the keys on the keyboard (at least on HoneyIce Chimera Updated).
DO NOT try to set DPI settings to anything other than 120 and 160 on VegaICS!