Search This thread

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the explanation. If I do unlock my phone with the HTC Way and later somebody figures out a way to s-off, will I still be able to do it? I just don't want to get stuck to HTC, because with my Hero they only gave support till 2.1 and the modding community even managed to put ICS on it.

Is it also possible to flash new Kernels this way and Root? I assume it is because the only thing I can't do is flash a firmware (yet).

Sorry for all the questions, am just a bit confused with all this stuff, didn't expect to have any trouble rooting. :(

Hi,

We are all learning here.
This s-on, hboot 1.27.000 is a relatively new thing.
I certainly have not done this.
And if others have done it,there has been no feedback,that I have seen.
All I can do ,is see the limitations.
I would think that,yes,if the s-off method would become available,then you would be able to use it.
But you would still be under the watchful eye of HTC...

:)

Reactions: -Asskicker-

-Asskicker-

Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

We are all learning here.
This s-on, hboot 1.27.000 is a relatively new thing.
I certainly have not done this.
And if others have done it,there has been no feedback,that I have seen.
All I can do ,is see the limitations.
I would think that,yes,if the s-off method would become available,then you would be able to use it.
But you would still be under the watchful eye of HTC...

:)

Thanks, I guess I'll wait a bit and see if an s-off becomes available for me. :)

liamclark1993

Apr 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hey can someone explain to me exactly how to install a custom ics Roms on s-on 1.27.0000 I have HTC dev unlocked and relocked. I can easily unlock dev again but all the guides are a bit all over the place. If someone could explain exactly what state my phone has to be in I.e. unlocked locked... Relocked... All I want to do is install a custom Rom from ics. Also can someone please explain how to root with s-on. It's just my problem is, I got this phone off eBay and its second hand.... I think its got a block from a contract. When I use several sim cards it didn't connect to a network but when I use a tmobile simcard it connects but does now allow texts or calls or receve them. I don't know if the person before me has tried to flash or broke it basically. So I need to install some custom stuff to see if it will work. Or even if someone can help me on what to do with it. It's ***relocked*** 1.27.0000 s-on but like I say I can easily unlock HTC dev again, please help. The phone is in brilliant condition and I would like to give it to my little sister but I can't if its like this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Hey can someone explain to me exactly how to install a custom ics Roms on s-on 1.27.0000 I have HTC dev unlocked and relocked. I can easily unlock dev again but all the guides are a bit all over the place. If someone could explain exactly what state my phone has to be in I.e. unlocked locked... Relocked... All I want to do is install a custom Rom from ics. Also can someone please explain how to root with s-on. It's just my problem is, I got this phone off eBay and its second hand.... I think its got a block from a contract. When I use several sim cards it didn't connect to a network but when I use a tmobile simcard it connects but does now allow texts or calls or receve them. I don't know if the person before me has tried to flash or broke it basically. So I need to install some custom stuff to see if it will work. Or even if someone can help me on what to do with it. It's ***relocked*** 1.27.0000 s-on but like I say I can easily unlock HTC dev again, please help. The phone is in brilliant condition and I would like to give it to my little sister but I can't if its like this.

Hi, with the sim cards sounds like its sim locks to T-mobile which is why no others work.

For flashing a new recovery check out the guide HERE

There is a really godo guide on updating to ICS / flashing custom roms found HERE

Basically in order to flash anything new you'll need to unlock the phone, once you've done that you can flash a custom recovery allowing you to flash roms from it.

Most of the custom roms on XDA are already rooted.
Hope these help.

Reactions: liamclark1993

liamclark1993

Apr 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi, with the sim cards sounds like its sim locks to T-mobile which is why no others work.

For flashing a new recovery check out the guide HERE

There is a really godo guide on updating to ICS / flashing custom roms found HERE

Basically in order to flash anything new you'll need to unlock the phone, once you've done that you can flash a custom recovery allowing you to flash roms from it.

Most of the custom roms on XDA are already rooted.
Hope these help.

Brilliant someone that understands. Do u know how to take off simlock is that on the hboot menu and I will take a look at them links

Thanks so much :) if I could I would give u the chicken pie I'm cooking but I'm too hungry. Thanks

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Brilliant someone that understands. Do u know how to take off simlock is that on the hboot menu and I will take a look at them links

Thanks so much :) if I could I would give u the chicken pie I'm cooking but I'm too hungry. Thanks

no problem, glad to help. let me know if theres anything in the guides your not sure about.

a guide for simunlock is HERE

ive never done it before, seemed kinda complex but guide seems to be good. hope this helps :)

Reactions: liamclark1993

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Guys. Could you post all the links to the guides we direct people to often here please? I'll add them to the op for easier access to the links. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Reactions: Hawke84

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Guys. Could you post all the links to the guides we direct people to often here please? I'll add them to the op for easier access to the links. :)

What we really need is a bot.. do you dare to open a help channel tinky1? :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio

Reactions: undercover

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
What we really need is a bot.. do you dare to open a help channel tinky1? :p

Sounds good. Are you ready to build a bot for me (me=clueless):D also someone would have to host it as my pc gets shut down. But yeah, channel sounds good. What shall we name it?

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Sounds good. Are you ready to build a bot for me (me=clueless):D also someone would have to host it as my pc gets shut down. But yeah, channel sounds good. What shall we name it?

Lol. Get a server with shell access, or a linux pc and I'll build it for you :p
How does #n00bhelpers sound?

spencerzck

Jul 19, 2011
OTA update issues?

I was wondering does anyone has a OTA update issue with the HTC sensation? I have bought a sensation at another country and S-OFF it myself using alpharev/revolutionary tool, then I have flash the lastest Hong Kong Android 2.3 RUU by extracting the rom, now I couldn't get any OTA updates here at all in Canada, and now I am about to go into custom roms, before I do that, i was wondering what type of issue it this? And can I fix it? Can i get a OTA update?

I do not have supercid or root, only S-OFF

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
I was wondering does anyone has a OTA update issue with the HTC sensation? I have bought a sensation at another country and S-OFF it myself using alpharev/revolutionary tool, then I have flash the lastest Hong Kong Android 2.3 RUU by extracting the rom, now I couldn't get any OTA updates here at all in Canada, and now I am about to go into custom roms, before I do that, i was wondering what type of issue it this? And can I fix it? Can i get a OTA update?

I do not have supercid or root, only S-OFF

Well, if you flashed different ROM from your cid you won't get an OTA. If you want stock your best bet is just to flash stock 3.32 ROM by arhd, can be found in development forum.

Reactions: spencerzck

okgnew

Mar 9, 2009
S-on hboot 1.27

Hi guys,
I have Vodafone UK Sensation with HBOOT 1.27.
So it's impossible to get S-OFF and change CID.
Can I flash custom ROMs after I unlock bootloader via HTCDev?

Top Liked Posts