Chinese WM6.1 Beta Rom AVAILABLE

Search This thread

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
http://translate.google.com/transla...ang_zh-CN&client=opera&rls=bg&sa=G&as_qdr=all

WM6.1 20282.19597 for Lobster Beta1 by G Bao
Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard AKU 1.1.8 (CHS / ENG)
CE OS 5.2.20282 Build 5.2.19597.1.1.8 for Lobster

Link for the rom (can be found with the old one in the edit section below: http://rapidshare.com/files/232598985/Karas_G_Po_Moneimg.rar

jr4pat.jpg

23jmg9.jpg

take the link and do your magic
all credit goes to the forum and the "karas" a.k.a. "G Po" who made it possible

(the forum requires registration though)

EDIT: - http://rapidshare.com/files/198975762/Karas_Moneimg.rar.html is the link to the ROM (i think it's the same rom) NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE! See BELOW IN EDIT3
I still don't have the tools for flashing, anybody is welcome to add them in the topic too
EDIT2: If these here in our subforum do the job - there you have them: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=429328
AND LET'S MOUNT SOME 6.1 ON OUR FRIGGIN LOBSTERS

EDIT 3!!! http://rapidshare.com/files/232598985/Karas_G_Po_Moneimg.rar is the new link, I screwed up hosting it the first time - classified as 10 time download only or something

Last edited:

peter-new

Mar 11, 2006
Sunderland
Can anybody on this forum post a direct link to the file, Don't really fancy registering for any more forums. And does anybody know how the language can be changed to a English ROM since it mentions that it's English and Chinese :)

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
I don't know if the moto can use it, check out the specialized moto forums first

Anyway, I updated the first post with a rapidshare link, hope the dude won't get angry or sad that his work is out in the wild

Please share all the tools you have for the lobster too and let's gather all needed in one place (as stated above)

About the language switch - I've no idea, maybe soon I'll contact that chinese dude somehow Oo

Last edited:

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
no way this is working on the moto, you have different screen, different keyboard and so on, don't try bricking your machine :eek:

Come on people, if anybody tests it out - leave a comment about performance, issues, chinese/english switch and so on

Last edited:

peter-new

Mar 11, 2006
Sunderland
Well I can report that it installs fine, and can be converted to English relatively easily.

One issue I've noticed so far

- When trying to run the Welcome Center or get rid of it, an Error is displayed about the .Net Compact Framework, and it asks to be reinstalled, but it gives an error when I try and reinstall it. I'm just trying to look for a standalone CAB now for it.

And also TV/Radio functionality is now lost although it's not big loss, since Virgin discontinued their TV service.

Other than that it runs quite nicely :)

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
install the .net compact on your pc without the mobile synced
then navigate to the folder in program files and try out all the cabs there are (some were wince, others ppc, and the lobby's processor is arm - the last class)

peter-new

Mar 11, 2006
Sunderland
Ok so I tried your suggestion and still get the error saying, "This is already installed" and then comes up with "Installation Unsuccessful" when running the CAB on the Device.

Also while were on the Subject of the Monet, has a free unlock been developed that can be used yet, as if there is, then my Monet come become my primary Device again :)

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
i think there isn't one, some site said they'll unlock for 20-30 pounds,
BUT if you got yours from virgin with a payg card then contact them (mail/phone) with the IMEI code to provide you the unlocking code AND you should've spent at least 20-30 pounds of air time with the card. For the montly subscribers (or whatever it is called there) that was free.

Did that myself - they were very kind and sent answer with the codes in less than 20 minutes (my bro bought the phones from England with PAYG cards and spent some cash talking there, no biggie)

Last edited:

bongmaster

Dec 7, 2006
not to dredge up an old topic, but i tried to downlaod the wm6 rom in the 1st post and its no longer there :(

is the lobster still being loved or has everyone abandoned it now?

mine is still working good since it was released in UK, i moved to norway after sim unlocking thru virgin and its been good ever since.
also if i was to upgrade the rom that wouldnt effect the sim unlocked status would it?. because i cannot get it unlocked again since i have no dealings with virgin now and dont want any.

thnx.

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
I am sorry about that, I forgot it was on with 10-time download status and then it got deleted, I've posted the new link in the intro of the topic, but will post it too for convenience

http://rapidshare.com/files/232598985/Karas_G_Po_Moneimg.rar

I still haven't done the flashing myself, not so many time to mess with him lately. By the way, is the original rom available somewhere?

I did some hard resets on mine and there isn't problem for the unlock code. I did enter mine 2 years ago, when got it as a gift from Scotland, no problems till now with that ^^

Last edited:

bongmaster

Dec 7, 2006
thanks for that, i wil try and do someinth when i am 100% sure it wont brick my phone XD i have no spare and i cannot afford to lose it right now XD
no way in hell am i going back to a non smartphone :S

bongmaster

Dec 7, 2006
erm

anyone found out how to get round the .NET problem? I have tried to run many progs and most of not all complane aboutt he .Net not being there, and it wont reinstall or install in any way wen i try.

there has to be a fix somehow :(

Last edited: