[Q] HELP!!

Search This thread

ImJusDatGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Hello everyone i have an galaxy s3 at&t version and i was trying to install a rom and the rom said it needed a certain bootloader so i download it and flash it and now my phone won reconize my sim or network state nor imei and i need help please !!!
!!!!!
ive tried odin and try reflashing back to stock but odin failed

Last edited:

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Hello everyone i have an galaxy s3 at&t version and i was trying to install a rom and the rom said it needed a certain bootloader so i download it and flash it and now my phone won reconize my sim or network state nor imei and i need help please !!!
!!!!!

Definitely more info needed.

What ROM is on your device?
What bootloader did you install?
What modem/baseband/radio is on your device?
What method did you use to try to install the bootloader?
Is your phone still showing the correct IMEI in settings or 0 ? (Compare between that shown in settings and under the battery.)

It may be as simple as updating your modem, but I/we can't tell yet.

Reactions: ImJusDatGuy

ImJusDatGuy

Dec 28, 2012

Is your phone still showing the correct IMEI in settings or 0 ? (Compare between that shown in settings and under the battery.)

the rom i have at the moment is the restored verison of the rooted rom i have which is stock 4.1.1 with root
the bootloader i install is I747UCUEMJB
my phone says baseband verison is unknown
i install the bootloader through cwm
the imei is unknown also my phone number to and network and roaming says not roaming mobile network state is disconnected.
everything is messed up thanks for the quick reply man i need help.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
the rom i have at the moment is the restored verison of the rooted rom i have which is stock 4.1.1 with root
the bootloader i install is I747UCUEMJB
my phone says baseband verison is unknown
i install the bootloader through cwm
the imei is unknown also my phone number to and network and roaming says not roaming mobile network state is disconnected.
everything is messed up thanks for the quick reply man i need help.

I'm new at this, in fact I have flashed by old Captivate several times but yet to flash my SGS3. Anyhow, I have spent many hours reading. Before doing anything I suggest, read, and read some more.

Don't flash back to 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 at this point. They will install an older bootloader than is currently on your phone. From what I have read, you narrowly escaped bricking your phone. You might want to read some of the threads regarding the 4.3 stock ROM and unbricking before making any changes in restoring your device.

You can probably fix this by flashing the modem that goes with the 4.3 series ROMs. It would also be the MJB flavor, although the MJ2 would probably work. Several of the 4.3 TouchWiz ROMs in the development forum have download links for the MJB modem. I would guess you were probably going to install one of them. I would recommend flashing the modem to see if that solves your issues before going ahead with the ROM flash.

ImJusDatGuy

Dec 28, 2012

I'm new at this, in fact I have flashed by old Captivate several times but yet to flash my SGS3. Anyhow, I have spent many hours reading. Before doing anything I suggest, read, and read some more.

Don't flash back to 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 at this point. They will install an older bootloader than is currently on your phone. From what I have read, you narrowly escaped bricking your phone. You might want to read some of the threads regarding the 4.3 stock ROM and unbricking before making any changes in restoring your device.

You can probably fix this by flashing the modem that goes with the 4.3 series ROMs. It would also be the MJB flavor, although the MJ2 would probably work. Several of the 4.3 TouchWiz ROMs in the development forum have download links for the MJB modem. I would guess you were probably going to install one of them. I would recommend flashing the modem to see if that solves your issues before going ahead with the ROM flash.

Could you provide an link by any chance please i dont want to install anything wrong and btw im on jb 4.1.1 do i need to install a 4.3 rom also ? or ?

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Could you provide an link by any chance please i dont want to install anything wrong and btw im on jb 4.1.1 do i need to install a 4.3 rom also ? or ?

The reason I didn't put a link in the previous posts was to get you to read about what you were doing as you searched for the modem. I am offering advice on things I have yet to experience on this device and only speaking second hand. My advice is only based on what I have read not on anything I have had to correct myself.

In truth I think you just stopped too soon in the process of what you were doing earlier. You said you installed the 4.3 bootloader in preparation to installing a 4.3 or later ROM that required the up to date bootloader. You didn't mention installing the current modem/baseband. You didn't mention trying to flash whatever ROM you had been considering.

You may be able to correct your device simply by installing the 4.3 modem. HERE is the modem thread, it is in the General Forum for our device. Make sure you pick the correct one. I don't know if your device will work well on the MJB bootloader and modem with a 4.1.1 ROM, from something I seem to recall reading I suspect it will.

Take this in steps. Install the correct modem, the one that matches your bootloader. See if that corrects you sim, data, and IMEI problems. If it does correct the issues, the next step is to decide if you want to stay on the 4.1.1 ROM or change to whatever ROM you had been considering. If you decide to change, make backups first. If it doesn't fix the problem while on 4.1.1 you may want to flash the version of the official 4.3 ROM enewman17 has provided on the development thread.

Take it one step at a time. Read about what you are about to do until you understand it well, all before doing anything. Make backups sequentially as you make each corrective step.

HTH.

ImJusDatGuy

Dec 28, 2012
The reason I didn't put a link in the previous posts was to get you to read about what you were doing as you searched for the modem. I am offering advice on things I have yet to experience on this device and only speaking second hand. My advice is only based on what I have read not on anything I have had to correct myself.

In truth I think you just stopped too soon in the process of what you were doing earlier. You said you installed the 4.3 bootloader in preparation to installing a 4.3 or later ROM that required the up to date bootloader. You didn't mention installing the current modem/baseband. You didn't mention trying to flash whatever ROM you had been considering.

You may be able to correct your device simply by installing the 4.3 modem. HERE is the modem thread, it is in the General Forum for our device. Make sure you pick the correct one. I don't know if your device will work well on the MJB bootloader and modem with a 4.1.1 ROM, from something I seem to recall reading I suspect it will.

Take this in steps. Install the correct modem, the one that matches your bootloader. See if that corrects you sim, data, and IMEI problems. If it does correct the issues, the next step is to decide if you want to stay on the 4.1.1 ROM or change to whatever ROM you had been considering. If you decide to change, make backups first. If it doesn't fix the problem while on 4.1.1 you may want to flash the version of the official 4.3 ROM enewman17 has provided on the development thread.

Take it one step at a time. Read about what you are about to do until you understand it well, all before doing anything. Make backups sequentially as you make each corrective step.

HTH.

i've read this one thread and ive downloaded the modem and the rom ive tried to instal was a kitkat version of quatom v3.3 and it say get prop bootloader and i looked up the error everyone said to update your bootloader and thats how i got into this mess. :'( but thank you bro i really appreciate you took the time out of your day to help me.

ImJusDatGuy

Dec 28, 2012
i've read this one thread and ive downloaded the modem and the rom ive tried to instal was a kitkat version of quatom v3.3 and it say get prop bootloader and i looked up the error everyone said to update your bootloader and thats how i got into this mess. :'( but thank you bro i really appreciate you took the time out of your day to help me.

thanks man for telling me what was wrong your an amazing human being and i love you (no homo) and thanks again a million thanks bro.

britt21

Nov 28, 2012
barnstable
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
If your on 4.1.1 shouldn't you flash the DKL3 version or can't you just flash thru Odin the DLK3 stock ROM thru Odin Amd start all over again
I've been on 4.3 with that bootloader Amd have flashed back to 4.1 back to the baseband version DLK3 firmware. I would think being on 4.1 you should be able to reflash using Odin to fix the issue or flash the modem for 4.1 .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!!!!