[Q] Sound Bug After KitKat Update

Search This thread

abhimudaliar

Oct 29, 2013
Hello, i recently updated my Sony Xperia Z1 Model No: C6902 with the latest kitkat update but after the update their is disturbances heard in the message notification tone....what shall i do? is there a problem with the update itself?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Maybe, to early to say if it is a bug, some users have to report it as well too. Try Factory Reset first, it will wipe your data but it will clean up after update.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hello, i recently updated my Sony Xperia Z1 Model No: C6902 with the latest kitkat update but after the update their is disturbances heard in the message notification tone....what shall i do? is there a problem with the update itself?

Do you have any mods installed that may have restored with titanium when you reinstalled the rom?

Could be that something is not playing nice with the new base.

Attempt a clean install with no restores and test the audio, then restore and if it comes back after the restore you'll know if it's a rogue app / mod or not.

abhimudaliar

Oct 29, 2013
Its Pure stock and no mods installed...i even wrote a mail to sony customer care abt this...they said to factory reset the phone...i did that too but still the disturbance can be heard in the message notification tone.

vlcano57

May 12, 2007
Mooresville
Its Pure stock and no mods installed...i even wrote a mail to sony customer care abt this...they said to factory reset the phone...i did that too but still the disturbance can be heard in the message notification tone.

I as well am having the same issue. The notification "skips" if you will at the beginning first 1-2 seconds of any notification. I have not noticed if this issue is present in a phone ring yet, only in notifications.

Febrizzio

Mar 22, 2014
So, no solution yet?... I have same issue... And this notification ringtone is annoyed...

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
I have the same issue the sounds go to their 20% or may be less. Cannot hear anythimg sometimes need to restart is the only solution

Febrizzio

Mar 22, 2014
So, no solution yet?... I have same issue... And this notification ringtone is annoyed...

I have try factory reset, but sound still noise. And some time 1-2 second got flicker...
And this is very annoyed..

vlcano57

May 12, 2007
Mooresville
Shahzaib.khan I don't believe your referencing the same bug we are discussing. If I'm not mistaken your discussing the sound through the internal earpiece instead of the loudspeaker. We are referring to a notification tone which skips when being played during an actual notification

maus010

Apr 10, 2009
Roosendaal
Same annoying problem here. Stuttering notification sound and sometimes the ringtone gets really low (10%).
Only a reboot fixes the problem. But after after a few hours it's back again :crying:

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
Guys i guess i was right at the first place

I comeback to 4.4 from the start

I flashed xperia ultra firmware which is modified by nut then i put 156 of xperia z1 then i root it and flash recovery on it and then formated every thing except external card, i formated internal memory also. And yes till now received 5 calls there is no problem...

Try it every one

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
Sorry guys the above method also didnt work. In short kitkat from sony sucks. Sony developers need to learn something from the xda developers.

Reactions: sachilleas

Febrizzio

Mar 22, 2014
So we just wait the next fixed firmware from Sony?

jiggyk

Hi,

Is this problem solved now for you after the update to .757?

It hasn't for me. I still get the annoying broken/disturbed notification tone many times even after a clean install of the FW .757.

I am on stock ROM, non rooted. I really do want to know which app is playing rogue, if it is an app. I thought after the few updates to the walkman app, it may solve the issue, but it didn't.

JK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guys the above method also didnt work. In short kitkat from sony sucks. Sony developers need to learn something from the xda developers.