Questions about cases for the PRO 12.2

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello,

1. There are many cases that has a front cover easily opened (e.g. those iPad-like case and the Samsung book cover, Samsung cover with keyboard, Logitech Pro). My question is when dropped or during drop, don't these covers open automatically and leave the screen/front of the device unprotected?

2. Given the Samsung Keyboard and Logitech PRO keyboard, which one do you choose? Ideally if automatic on/off function is available.

3. How good is the Samsung cover compared with the Samsung cover with keyboard?

4. In general, is it better to buy a case with the keyboard than to buy a separate case and a separate keyboard (choose the best from each world).

Thanks.

Last edited:

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I cannot answer all of those, but I do prefer using an all in one unit *if* I am going to use a keyboard. The logitech is the best "feeling" keyboard out there, and no it does not have on/off capabilities. The Sammy one however is very thin, but offers no folio, it's also a great keyboard. Zagg vs. Samsung is no comparison, while the idea is the same, the Zagg can't compete with the Samsung at any level.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks. Is the logitech one noticeably heavier than the sammy one? Note that sammy made two cases for the PRO 12.2. One with a keyboard and the other without.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
There is no comparison, the Logitech keyboard is considerably larger than the Samsung. It is a folio and the Sammy is not. My biggest complaint with the Sammy is that the tablet doesn't fit in the case glass side up. So when using the tablet with the Samsung case if not using the keyboard, it's just the tablet on its own. With the large size and plastic back, there are a couple spots which "creak" when pressing on them. I am certain it's no big deal, but it does make the tablet feel cheaper than its price.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

*Omnipresent*

Apr 23, 2008
Beyond human comprehension
I got the Zagg keyboard cover case today from best buy and have been very pleased with it so far. The BB store reps let me try all 3 cases. The Samsung, Zagg and Logitech case. The Sammy is $30 more than the Zagg and seemed a little flimsy to me. The Logitech seemed a little to bulky compared to the other two cases and $30 more as well. Imo the Zagg was the best compromise for me, in terms of price, thickness, protection and quality.

Edit. The Zagg keyboard allows you to fit the tablet in the case, glass side up or down.

Last edited: