Pre-orders (UK)

Search This thread

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Mmm the price should now be set.
Just so long as you are happy that's all that counts.

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
i was hoping it would be released next week :'( lol
i wonder why they pushed it further. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm more optimizations maybe, that would be good.
Froyo? hehe just a dream xD

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
I have edited the OP to include the new prices and confirmed dates. Should I put the vat-free prices in there as well?

edit: Also, does anyone know if prices for phones drop very quickly after release? I mean, if I hang on for two weeks -month (probably the longest I could manage!)will I be able to get it cheaper? Or do they stay the same for while (eg. until the pro version is released or another phone announced)?

Last edited:

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Thank you for the updates =D wow I did not know that on some websites it's due 10-17 June.

is the date for unlocked-mobiles sure? of 2nd June

prices without VAT would be appreciated as many are not in the UK.

thank you either way!

i'll contact unlocked-mobiles to know of their shipment date.

Last edited:

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
is the date for unlocked-mobiles sure? of 2nd June

They emailed me last week (or start of this one, I forget) saying that was what they expected. It is worth asking them if you want to, as it looks like Samsung have delayed the shipment for clove.co.uk (to the 7th of June), so maybe they have for everyone?

I have put the VAT-free prices in the first post for you now, and will try to keep it updated! :)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2010
get free plus 7 months free

i you go on mobiles.co.uk you can get an 8gb one for £35 pounds and you get 7 months free by redemption and the website is part of carphone warehouse

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
i you go on mobiles.co.uk you can get an 8gb one for £35 pounds and you get 7 months free by redemption and the website is part of carphone warehouse

To be honest, I want to avoid Vodafone, and would pay more to do so. Once O2 or t-mobile start offering contracts I will consider them, but Vodafone has let me down on more than one occasion.

For example, they started charging me for all my texts, even though I was well below my allowance. It took me four phone calls over three months to sort it out. Their customer service is horrible (when you eventually get through), and they only offer 500mb internet allowance, which I can use in a week, if I am not careful. A month or so ago, I got a flat tire on the way to work, and I couldn't make any phone calls with my Vodafone sim. Apparently I had full bars, but every time I tried to make a call, it just cut off. I reset my phone, etc and it didn't work. I swapped it out for my Orange sim card, and it worked perfectly (so not a problem with the phone). When I was trying to make a call that would save my job (as this meant I was running late), Vodafone let me down. So they will not be getting any more of my money. :p

Anyway, I have added mobiles.co.uk to the original post.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
They emailed me last week (or start of this one, I forget) saying that was what they expected. It is worth asking them if you want to, as it looks like Samsung have delayed the shipment for clove.co.uk (to the 7th of June), so maybe they have for everyone?

I have put the VAT-free prices in the first post for you now, and will try to keep it updated! :)
The reason the UK dates were put back is because Samsung decided the first area that would receive the phone would be Singapore Asia.
This was announced at the Singapore Live Show a couple of days back (I was on the live blog talking with a few others).
Singapore's official date is the 5th June with Europe said to be the following week.

That is why everyone should now have altered their expected dates to reflect this news:)

wliu88

Mar 13, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for unlocked-mobiles.com I haven't seen that website before. For international (canada) it's very cheap.

There is also clove.co.uk which has it for a good price.

I will be pre-ordering probably.. and most probably this week.

I will maybe use unlocked-mobiles to order, however I heard that Royal Mail is not the best service to use.

In my opinion the Galaxy i9000's ROM is nearly full featured. Root will definitely help but it seems already great, and it's one of the reasons I will be choosing this over other phones. Also the good large screen that is good against the sun's reflection.

Edit: Actually it seems complicated to order internationally with unlocked-mobiles. I'll stick to expansys.ca or clove.

could you indicate why "Actually it seems complicated to order internationally with unlocked-mobiles"

because I also intend to place order for international delivery on unlocked-mobiles or handtec

Dogmann

Jan 27, 2007
London
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that i believe the Data allowance form VodaFone is now 1GB FUP not 500mb well that's what i ahve seen when checking price plans on their website. Now whilst we all have our preferred Networks for what ever reasons personally the only Network i would just never sign up to is 02 as i couldn't care how great their customer services are they throttle and have the worst Data speeds of any UK network. So connecting a Data centric device to them just seems silly to me as doesn't allow your device to operate to it's full potential.

Marc

TravUK

Aug 20, 2008
UK
Just over a week left to go. mobiles.co.uk are still saying they expect their shipment to arrive with them on the 4th which is the Friday. So I'm still hopeful mine with arrive on the 7th.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Chris Love of Clove have Samsung UK's Product Manager coming down to see him on the 7th June when they showcase the i9000 to Smartphone Essentials.

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
Now whilst we all have our preferred Networks for what ever reasons personally the only Network i would just never sign up to is 02

What are t-mobile like? I am leaning heavily towards them at the moment, Orange seem a bit expensive, but I have a PAYG account with them anyway that I could turn into a monthly one if their internet allowance is big enough.

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
could you indicate why "Actually it seems complicated to order internationally with unlocked-mobiles"

because I also intend to place order for international delivery on unlocked-mobiles or handtec

Taken from unlocked-mobiles.com terms & conditions:
Overseas orders:
We are a UK company supplying UK customers. With the exception of certain accessories, the vast majority of products we sell are only available for delivery to the UK mainland and Ireland. See below for SIM free sales.

SIM free:
We are now able to supply our SIM free stock overseas but, to protect genuine card holders, we will not accept card payments or COD for overseas orders under any circumstances. The only payment option for genuine overseas customers wishing to order SIM free goods is by depositing cleared funds directly into our bank account. Please contact the Solihull office for our bank details.

see it is complicated to me because I don't know how to directly send to their bank account.. whereas Handtec I think we just purchase normally online, pay by paypal also!! and they ship with fedex 2-4 day shipping, and cheap also. Also Handtec is a few dollars cheaper. I also prefer fedex over Royal Mail. and Paypal seals the deal, making the process faster, safer.

the only reason I wanted unlocked-mobiles is because it may come on the 2nd June, but I doubt it honestly since all changed to 7th +.

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
the only reason I wanted unlocked-mobiles is because it may come on the 2nd June, but I doubt it honestly since all changed to 7th +.

Yeah, I don't think they will get it that early. I have ordered from them now, so I will let you know what they tell me. So far, I'm a bit annoyed that the invoice they have emailed me doesn't have any details on it (eg. mentioning the free insurance they are offering). I am happy that they assured me I can cancel and get a full refund quickly if i change my mind, so I may do that and go with handtec if the date changes as radically as expansys (who are expecting it on the 17th).

edit: the invoice does say that I paid for next day by courier, though (although I didn't get any choice):

UK - Next Day Delivery via Courier (UPS / City Link) – (Signed For). (): £5.99

So not Royal Mail, apparently.

Last edited:

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Yes, sorry for the confusion.
I've been using T-Mobile for some years now.
I like their web services and care should I need it.
Coverage does depend on where you use it but overall I'm happy.

I'm on one of their Solo 12 month packages with free bolt on's and can't complain. :)

Huck33

Jun 28, 2007
Bordeaux
i never used and android phone so my question is probably stupid, but if i buy a galaxy S, is it possible to have the interface (settings, widgets..) in french?
the galaxi cheaper at clove (even with fedex shipment)

regards