[APP] Revised- Angry Birds!!! 1.4.2

Do You Notice Better App Performance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Ok guys, I said I would look into improving Angry Birds and I did :) All ads are gone, and I optimized the app for better performance! Enjoy everyone, let me know what you think of it!!!! :D Also, please vote in the poll if you can! Thank you

Thanks to: Creators of the game!

Link down as requested by developers :)

Last edited:

Dassin4

Jul 17, 2008
It definitely seems to play better, but is still choppy enough for me to have a really hard time playing it :/ It's nice to have the ads gone also. If they release a paid version that works smoothly without ads, it would be a real winner.

Awesome improvement, though! Thanks!

theimpaler747

It definitely seems to play better, but is still choppy enough for me to have a really hard time playing it :/ It's nice to have the ads gone also. If they release a paid version that works smoothly without ads, it would be a real winner.

No problem, glad it's better and that you like it :) This is probably the best we'll be able to get it to run on the hero with the hardware unfortunately, but at least it's better than before :D

Reactions: malhovic

Dassin4

Jul 17, 2008
While this may be the best we get, it just seems odd that that is the case. I mean, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on my hero, and Angry Birds is not it :p It just seems like a lazy port to me. I've been playing Pandas Vs. Ninjas and it plays flawlessly.

It just seems to me that Rovio could make this much more accessible by reworking the animations, textures, etc. to work on more devices. This is not that complex of a game :p

Reactions: XIMAD Inc.

theimpaler747

While this may be the best we get, it just seems odd that that is the case. I mean, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on my hero, and Angry Birds is not it :p It just seems like a lazy port to me. I've been playing Pandas Vs. Ninjas and it plays flawlessly.

It just seems to me that Rovio could make this much more accessible by reworking the animations, textures, etc. to work on more devices. This is not that complex of a game :p

True, and when the app gets updated I'll update the Impaled version as well :D

Reactions: XIMAD Inc.

Fyoolie

Oct 10, 2010
It's definitely better than the recently updated version, still choppy tho. Like Dassin said, I think they were just lazy. Hopefully with enough complaints Rovio will get it in gear. :D And thanks for making changes Impaler, I'll keep downloading your copy just so I don't have to put it in airplane mode to get rid of ads! :D

Reactions: powerpisus
R

ranger61878

Seems to play better...but the Hero is too hardware limited to run it perfectly. Removed it from my phone and will stick with the iPod version to not waste time on my phone :D

Good work, Impaler.

Sent from the XDA App on my FroYoed Sprint Hero...so forgive possible typos :)

theimpaler747

It's definitely better than the recently updated version, still choppy tho. Like Dassin said, I think they were just lazy. Hopefully with enough complaints Rovio will get it in gear. :D And thanks for making changes Impaler, I'll keep downloading your copy just so I don't have to put it in airplane mode to get rid of ads! :D

Yeah, no problem :D When they update, I will to, and I guarantee you my version will always be better than theirs ;)

Reactions: powerpisus

theimpaler747

Seems to play better...but the Hero is too hardware limited to run it perfectly. Removed it from my phone and will stick with the iPod version to not waste time on my phone :D

Good work, Impaler.

Sent from the XDA App on my FroYoed Sprint Hero...so forgive possible typos :)

Thanks man, at least I got it running smoother! :D

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I can say it is WAY better than the market version!

In fact I just download the market version the other day to see what all the hype was about. Cool game but unplayable, it wouldnt do much of anything. Slow, choppy, lagging bad! Not no more though, its smoother, screen keeps up with sound now too!

theimpaler747

I can say it is WAY better than the market version!

In fact I just download the market version the other day to see what all the hype was about. Cool game but unplayable, it wouldnt do much of anything. Slow, choppy, lagging bad! Not no more though, its smoother, screen keeps up with sound now too!

No problem, glad it's working much better :)

ratchet789

Aug 9, 2010
Albuquerque
downloading now ill let you know how it runs on mytouch 3g biffmod

edit: it works like the older versions great job theres a slightly longer load time but im glad it works thanks for this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, I said I would look into improving Angry Birds and I did :) All ads are gone, and I optimized the app for better performance! Enjoy everyone, let me know what you think of it!!!! :D Also, please vote in the poll if you can! Thank you

Thanks to: Creators of the game!

Link down as requested by developers :)

No problem, glad it's better and that you like it :) This is probably the best we'll be able to get it to run on the hero with the hardware unfortunately, but at least it's better than before :D

True, and when the app gets updated I'll update the Impaled version as well :D