1337m rogers (need help updating)

Search This thread

odalanizi

Aug 9, 2007
Hey there,

A few months back I was ****ing around with lots of different ROMS but since I had the 1337m I had a lot of MODEM issues and settled on the DEFAULT.

I forgot about it and recently I realized 4.4.2 is out officially for my device!

I wanted to upgrade OTA and it says "Your device has been modified" I tried to do a FACTORY RESET and that didn't work, still same message.

What do I do?

Do I flash another ROM? or what's the steps?

I'd appreciate some advice/tips!

ultimate_neet

May 28, 2013
Have you try installing an original from sammobile??

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Put I337M In device search.

Send from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

ybu7e9a2.jpg

odalanizi

Aug 9, 2007
Thanks for the link!

I am downloading it now.

any specific way to install this? I'm not sure what I'm downloading. Whatever it is; hopefully it works!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Thanks for the link!

I am downloading it now.

any specific way to install this? I'm not sure what I'm downloading. Whatever it is; hopefully it works!

You'll download a zip. Use 7-zip to extract the .tar.md5 file. Flash that in Odin on your pc. Google Odin 1.85. You'll use the PDA slot in Odin. Phone needs to be in download mode and connected to your usb port.

Sent from my Nexus 5

odalanizi

Aug 9, 2007
You'll download a zip. Use 7-zip to extract the .tar.md5 file. Flash that in Odin on your pc. Google Odin 1.85. You'll use the PDA slot in Odin. Phone needs to be in download mode and connected to your usb port.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have the latest ODIN

do I need to download that specific one?

because the latest one doesnt have PDA

ultimate_neet

May 28, 2013
3.09 Odin is recommendable, in the download page says so, maybe u can use that one.

odalanizi

Aug 9, 2007
If you have the latest, that's ok, use pa slot instead of PDA.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Okay so I updated it succesfully to 4.4.2

I did it twice, reboot, back to odin, put files back, start.

and now WIFI doesnt work ...

but 4G and everything else seems too.

well, I cant connect ot the play store either...

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Okay so I updated it succesfully to 4.4.2

I did it twice, reboot, back to odin, put files back, start.

and now WIFI doesnt work ...

but 4G and everything else seems too.

well, I cant connect ot the play store either...

Check that the apn is correct. Settings, wireless and networks, more, mobile networks, access point names

Sent from my Nexus 5

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
It this official firmware is loaded : Will it lockup the phone from being rooted and custom recovery from being installed??

Model: SGH-I337M

Model name: GALAXY S4

Version: Android 4.4.2

Changelist: 880525

Build date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:41:46 +0000

Product Code: RWC

PDA: I337MVLUFNC1

CSC: I337MOYAFNC1

MODEM: I337MVLUFNC1

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
This happened with me too, but my device was not rooted or anything at the time. I just ended up going to Kies 3 and it asked to update, and worked perfectly fine.

If that doesn't work. try finding a stock rom, but other than that, the Kies method should work perfectly fine.

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
...Yes, but by updating via Kies or from Samsung Mobile Firmware, will it then lock up the phone and prevent
rooting and custom recovery?

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
...Yes, but by updating via Kies or from Samsung Mobile Firmware, will it then lock up the phone and prevent
rooting and custom recovery?

I'm not to sure about that, but when my phone had that message, I updated via Kies, and then I could root right after and everything was working fine as can be.

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
Anyone load the 4.4.2 official from Samsung mobile yet? Did it prevent rooting and custom recovery?

I am having problems with my 7500mah battery (ZeroLemon). Plugged in for 4 hours and it only charged to 75%. The 7000mah on my S3
would fully charge in that time from approximately 10%.

Not happy with my S4 to this point.... Running the Skyfall ROM and the vibration is VERY week....... Anyone??
Suggestions?????

I'm not to sure about that, but when my phone had that message, I updated via Kies, and then I could root right after and everything was working fine as can be.

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
Anyone load the 4.4.2 official from Samsung mobile yet? Did it prevent rooting and custom recovery?

I am having problems with my 7500mah battery (ZeroLemon). Plugged in for 4 hours and it only charged to 75%. The 7000mah on my S3
would fully charge in that time from approximately 10%.

Not happy with my S4 to this point.... Running the Skyfall ROM and the vibration is VERY week....... Anyone??
Suggestions?????

I installed the original 4.4.2 stock Samsung rom. I ****ed something up hard and flashed that rom via Odin and everything seems to be working just fine. Also, I don't think it prevented rooting, as after I installed the stock rom, I rooted again and it worked fine.

Also, custom roms seem to be very buggy on GS4s for some reason. I know on certain roms sound, calling and texting all don't work. But the vibration might be a problem with the rom.