[Q] "Android is Optimizing.." Issues - NEED HELP!

Search This thread

klairvoiancy

Nov 13, 2012
San Francisco
Hi Everyone,

I've been having some trouble getting custom ROMs to fully boot on my girlfriend's Galaxy Tab 2 (p3113). I was able to gain root access (I used this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2510669) and managed to install the latest CM rom, SlimRom, or OmniRom (with their respective Gapps).

However, I always run into the same problem: whenever I reboot from recovery (regardless of which rom was installed), android begins "optimizing" apps (presumably because I've cleared caches, including dalvik) and at the end, reports 2-3 process that have unexpectedly stopped, and reboots. I've done clean wipes with each install, and even tried re-downloading the roms, but nothing seems to work. Also, it doesn't seem like the stopped processes are consistent between roms. For example, the CM rom would report calendar and keyboard processes that have stopped, whereas Omnirom would report mediastorage and google search processes that have stopped.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
It sounds like you are not doing a full wipe, I dont think it should be optimizing on a fresh clean install. Try factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik. And possibly system.(usually recomended)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: klairvoiancy

klairvoiancy

Nov 13, 2012
San Francisco
Thanks - that what I suspected as well, although I thought I was doing a full wipe (including /system) in TWRP, but maybe not?

Anyway, I somehow got it working last night after formatting /data and then flashing the last CM stable release (CM-10.1.3, p3110). Got the tablet to boot and setup and everything. Maybe there was something conflicting in the data folder, or that there was no more space on the internal SD. Guess I won't know now..

But I decided to flash the latest Omnirom instead, to get a 4.4 rom. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the reply!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It sounds like you are not doing a full wipe, I dont think it should be optimizing on a fresh clean install. Try factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik. And possibly system.(usually recomended)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app