[bootanimation] bootanimations and bootanimation requests

Search This thread

Infantry667

Nov 2, 2011
Sonic

Could you make this one for me? With a black background :)

Attachments

• SonicBashAni.gif
    SonicBashAni.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 258

Infantry667

Nov 2, 2011
Sonic

Can you make these for me? Centered with a black background? :D

edit: ignore the first one lol

Attachments

• SonicBashAni.gif
    SonicBashAni.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 240
  • SonicTailsPlaneAni.gif
    SonicTailsPlaneAni.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

superman2112ms

Jun 15, 2009
North Aurora, Il
Boot animations

Is there a time limit? I have a live wallpaper that someone made for me. It is about 3 seconds long. Can this be a bootanimation instead of a live wallpaper? It was made for the Aria Running cm6. I have a stock rooted inspire rom. Will probably end p with AndroidRevolution V10.

Attachments

• gto.rar
    6.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

shadowswittness

Jan 24, 2011
I know this is prob a different request but could someone make me a skyrim bootanimation ?

Sent from my Little Ice Cream flavored Black Box!

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Is there a time limit? I have a live wallpaper that someone made for me. It is about 3 seconds long. Can this be a bootanimation instead of a live wallpaper? It was made for the Aria Running cm6. I have a stock rooted inspire rom. Will probably end p with AndroidRevolution V10.

I know it's almost 2 months later, but I just threw this together. Give it a shot, let me know if it's too fast/too slow. It's not a flashable .zip! You'll need to rename it to bootanimation.zip and manually put it where your bootanimation goes, then set permissions to RW/R/R. Unfortunately my Inspire is broke, so I didn't get to test this to see if it looks alright - let me know if it's too fast or too slow. It should loop the animation twice, then sit on the Pontiac screen until boot.

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?uor7jec3j2969em
gto.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?29vy1pcy6coalsb

Would someone be able to make one out of a youtube video?

Yes - but not more than about 30 seconds (the less the better) - otherwise it's too many images, or less images and choppy quality.

Reactions: superman2112ms

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
Can't get my bootanimation to work

So I tried my hand at making a bootanimation of the title sequence of Breaking Bad. But I can't get it to work on my phone. I ripped the images from a video, rotated them 90 degrees, resized to 480x800, renamed. Created the desc.txt using Notepad++ and the archive using 7-zip with no compression. I put the file in /system/media and set permissions to rw/rw/rw, the same as my current bootanimation. But when I boot, it's just a black screen.

I tried with the permissions at rw/r/r. I tried putting it in /data/local and /system/customize/resource. Nothing worked.

Could somebody please take a look at it and maybe see what could be wrong? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 11

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
So I tried my hand at making a bootanimation of the title sequence of Breaking Bad. But I can't get it to work on my phone. I ripped the images from a video, rotated them 90 degrees, resized to 480x800, renamed. Created the desc.txt using Notepad++ and the archive using 7-zip with no compression. I put the file in /system/media and set permissions to rw/rw/rw, the same as my current bootanimation. But when I boot, it's just a black screen.

I tried with the permissions at rw/r/r. I tried putting it in /data/local and /system/customize/resource. Nothing worked.

Could somebody please take a look at it and maybe see what could be wrong? Thanks a lot.

Here you go. This one works. The only thing that didn't seem OK in your .zip is you had, I feel, toooo many images in one folder. I try to keep it at no more than 50 images in a folder (some may feel that's too many) I broke the images into 4 separate folders (plus a fifth for the still image). The way this one is setup, it will loop the animation once, then sit on the Breaking Bad screen til boot. currently desc.txt looks like this:

480 800 15
p 1 0 part0
p 1 0 part1
p 1 0 part2
p 1 0 part3
p 0 0 part4

If you want it to loop the animation again, you'd want it to look like this:

480 800 15
p 1 0 part0
p 1 0 part1
p 1 0 part2
p 1 0 part3
p 1 0 part0
p 1 0 part1
p 1 0 part2
p 1 0 part3
p 0 0 part4

You can also speed it up/slow it down by raising/lowering 15 (fps) in the first line

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: sharksfan7

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
Thanks, homeslice! That's awesome. I never would have considered the number of images being an issue because the bootanimation that I had been using has 232 images in one folder. But it's fps is 200. Which seems odd b/c it definitely takes longer than 1.62 seconds to play....Now that I know, I might try to do more. Thanks again.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Thanks, homeslice! That's awesome. I never would have considered the number of images being an issue because the bootanimation that I had been using has 232 images in one folder. But it's fps is 200. Which seems odd b/c it definitely takes longer than 1.62 seconds to play....Now that I know, I might try to do more. Thanks again.

np..I think it has to do more with the file size of the images, not necessarily the amount of images...could be way off base there though. I've found that a ton of images, at least larger images, stuffed in one folder will do a few weird things (not play at the right speed, throw wrong images at the wrong time, try to loop even though it's set to play once, etc). breaking them up has always alleviated those issues.

Edit: Here's the breaking bad boot sound if you want it

http://www.mediafire.com/?takds27d9se6nb5

rename to android_audio.mp3, put it in the right place, set permissions accordingly, make sure your volume is turned up, reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: sharksfan7

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
np..I think it has to do more with the file size of the images, not necessarily the amount of images...could be way off base there though. I've found that a ton of images, at least larger images, stuffed in one folder will do a few weird things (not play at the right speed, throw wrong images at the wrong time, try to loop even though it's set to play once, etc). breaking them up has always alleviated those issues.

Edit: Here's the breaking bad boot sound if you want it

http://www.mediafire.com/?takds27d9se6nb5

rename to android_audio.mp3, put it in the right place, set permissions accordingly, make sure your volume is turned up, reboot

Thanks! I was planning on trying with audio once I got the animation to work. I'll give it try.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania

raulz28

Dec 17, 2011
Here you go. Rename animation to bootanimation.zip and put in the correct place (depending on your ROM). Set permissions to RW/R/R

Rename audio to android_auido.mp3 and put in the correct place. Set permissions to RW/R/R

Corvette Boot Animation

Corvette Boot Audio

Thanks I got animation to work but not the audio. I'm running CM7 and pasted both of the files on /system/media and both files have the same permissions checked off. Do they both go in that folder?

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Usually. I think I read somewhere that boot sound isn't always available in cm based roms. I have a set of files you can try pushing to get the bootsound to work..but it'll have to wait til tomorrow when I can get to them

Edit: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/20076-cm7-boot-sound/ check that thread out..do some googling. Bet you can get it ;)

Last edited:

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
To get sound working on CM7 and Absolution ROMS install the bootsnd.sh thru terminal emulator. Also reflashing ROM makes bootani sound not work so every time you flash a new ROM you have to do the bootsnd.sh loading every time. Make sure to see if your phone is storing the bootanimation in system>media folder as well as sound. I have HTC Inspire and my phone stores bootani in system>media. Other ROMS store in system>bin (Most likely Sense ROMs-MAKE SURE BY SEARCHING) MAKE SURE TO MACK UP ROM.
What I liketo do is enter system>media and copy original bootanimation to sd card then save to laptop to keep it saved somewhere.

Thanks to the guys over at Desire HD and EVO Thread

Bootsnd.sh [Just unzip file and place in root of SD Card]
http://www.fileserve.com/file/6jERVaY/bootsnd.zip

1. place [bootsnd.sh] on your sdcard.
2. On your phone, open terminal emulator, and type in the following:

su [hit enter]
cd /sdcard [hit enter]
ls [to see list of all files, you should see bootsnd.sh][hit enter]
sh bootsnd.sh [hit enter]

You won't see a confirmation, or message, it just runs, and returns you to a # sign.

(Back out from terminal emulator then reboot phone to get bootsnd to work)
Then copy sound file to phone>sysyem>media folder.

3. Whatever sound file you use must be .mp3 format and you must rename it [android_audio] it is also recommended for sound not to be longer than 15 sec. What I like to do is when I use a bootanimation I time it to see how long it is and then I edit the audio file to the length of the bootanimation so that they end at the same time. Thou phone will cut off sound on its own at a certain point.

Place the android_audio.mp3 in the system/media folder of phone where bootanimation is.
Reboot, and enjoy your boot sound.

My Bootanimation based on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyE7IPAm-I&feature=related

My Bootanimation just unzip files on desktop then move to phone and install with es file explorer. No need to rename files.
http://www.fileserve.com/file/WWPrdJw/Transformer Boot and Sound.zip

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *For the art work I didn't make*
    Credit for the artwork goes solely to the artist that made it

*Note*
    This isn't a flashable zip
    Currently these are for froyo 2.2
    I will be updating with in the next few days to make them work for gingerbread.

*What you need*
    Root, root explorer

*Instructions*
    To make this your boot animation:
    1. Make a nandroid back up via CWM
    2.download file.
    3.place "bootanimation.zip" file on sd card.
    4. with root explorer copy file off sd card.
    5. place file in >data>local
    6.Over write bootanimation.zip

I take no responsibility if you brick or mess up your phone.

*For flashable bootscreens see post 4*

*For TPC stock ROM*
    1. Follow steps 1-3
    2. Rename to ATT_bootanimation.zip
    3. Copy file from sd card
    4. Paste in system>customize>resources
    5. Reboot and enjoy!

ALSO: I will be creating custom boot animations, so keep your eyes peeled.

Rotating Skeleton video:Rotating Skeleton

xray-skeleton.jpg
    Here Is a little custom boot its not much, when I get a little more time I'll attempt something a little more elaborate.

generic inspired boot vid here:Inspire

bootani1.gif

Updated: New windows Xp boot animation & Android peeing on mac.

windowsbootanimation.gif

View attachment 540338
    Here ya go. Sonic Moves REALLY FAST across the screen If you want, give me more frames to work with, atleast 2x, 3x more than whats already there and I can make it better for you. as far as sound, see if you can use one of the bootanimation utility apps from the market to find the sound binarary or find one floating around the forums.

here it is slowed down. the last number in the first line of desc.txt is the frame rate. dropping this number will limit the amount of frames/sec and therefor slow it down. In this case I changed it from 15 to 5, slowing it down to about 1/3 of the speed you had it. I started at 7, it was still too fast, went to 3 and was too slow. 5 looks pretty good though
    Here is another one for all those that are as impatient about Modern Warfare 3 as I am!

bf_0034.png

bf_0084.png

bf_0134.png

Download link for the full length animation is here.
    Download link for shorter/MIUI version is here.

Audio Coming Soon

Please hit Thanks if you like it, if you hate it, don't :)

Nice job on figuring it out. Thanks for your contributions.

@Wolf_2 Thanks! I am glad I could!

~cheers
    As soon as I learn how to start making these Bootanimations I will start taking requests.