[ROM] OverDrive - Put your phone into OverDrive

Search This thread

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Welcome to OverDrive
OverDrive is a ROM me and a few people have been working on for the past few months. This ROM poped-up first in Android Central by me Redbaron, The reason this poped-up was the main fact that there are only a hand full of ROMs for the LG Optimus V, and I am a flashing junkie, meaning I change ROMs like I chew gum, chew it up until the flavor is gone, then spit it out. So here is a ROM created from Stock, and built from the ground up. Having both tested to work on new and older Optimus V's in this thread you can find StockOV which is a rooted and modified running Android 2.2.1 updates are coming soon for this ROM. As for OverDrive, OverDrive is a heavenly modified ROM ported from Stock, running Android 2.2.2 removed all VM's stock apps, kept the Activate app, imported modules and files from kernels for optimum use and performance.​

I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR FLAWS IN YOUR PHONE, NOR BRICKED PHONES, YOU DO WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU DO IT. A LITTLE KNOWN FACT DO NOT LG FACTORY RESET!!! UNDER ADVANCED MENU. DO NOT!!

StockOV v2.2.1 [v1.1 +Picasticks]
desktop-01-stockov.png
Google-Play-Market.png
systeminfo-stockov01.png

The Goods v1.1
  • Fixed TWS (Time Without Signal)(Battery saver)(Can be undone by removing "xtr50fix-v1.apk" from system files)
  • Deodexed
  • added Picasticks, tweaked kernel
  • Removed VM Crapware (Except Activate APP)
  • Updated Market to Google Play Store
  • Removed kickback, soundback, talkback, gmail, youtube, maps, talk, email, protips and google talk
  • Edited build.prop
  • Overclockable - Not recommended above 824

v1.0 The Goods
  • Everything stock 2.2.1 has to offer
  • Superuser 3.0
  • Latest Busybox
  • Better 3G Speeds
  • Tested and runs beautiful

DOWNLOAD v1.1
StockOV-1.1

DOWNLOAD v1.0
StockOV-OverDrive1.0

This ROM will run with newer phones, also this ROM is best flashed with Xionia Recovery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverDrive v2.2.2 [v2.2]
homescreen.png
infoscreen.png

v2.2 The Goods
  • Android 2.2.2
  • Swype
  • Removed all VM Apps except Activate
  • More support, as the Dev of this ROM, if you have ANY problems I can help
  • Added bin and other files from Optimus S for better speeds.
  • build.prop updated and modded.
    proximity.delay=20, vm.heapsize=38m, wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=160
  • Apps2sd added[Not the app]
  • Superuser 3.0.7
  • De-Odexed this increases speeds
  • ZipAligned
  • Not overclocked yet, please flash the temporary kernel at the bottom of the page or wait for kernel
  • Removed Email, and VoiceDialer from system files.

v2.1 The Goods
  • Android 2.2.2
  • Swype
  • Removed some VM Apps
  • Removed boot sounds

2.2.2 DOWNLOADS!

DOWNLOAD v2.2 Stripped
OverDrive-2.2- de-odexed.zip - Media Fire
Mirror - Sky File
Mirror - Dropbox

DOWNLOAD v2.1 Stripped
StockOV-OverDrive2.2.2-stripped-2.1.zip

Instructions on how to flash

1)Back up / Nandroid
2)Wipe - boot, data, system, cache.
3)Flash
3a)Flash kernel (if chosen to)
4)Reboot
5)Enjoy!

Keep posted for more updates and roms from me, Redbaron.​
[2/11/2012 9:55 PM] Currently working on 2.2.2+ also custom kernel.
[2/28/2012 12:35 PM] Finishing OverDrive 2.2 (2.2.2+ Kernel + build.prop Tweeks)
Also finished de-odexed 2.2.2
Been working on a side project for fun.
Removed more bloatware (Virgin Apps, Keeping Activate, never know when you need it)
[3/2/2012 12:49 PM]Working on custom kernel, Working on a new ROM.

A Special thanks to:
vegetajin8 - My Tester
LeslieAnn - A Great Dev
obijohn - Bumble Bee Kernel​

Last edited:

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Ive noticed with the stripped rom launcher pro isnt the one to use. What a good launcher for this? Would go ex be good. Great rom by the way and fast. Im using overdrive deodex

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Ive noticed with the stripped rom launcher pro isnt the one to use. What a good launcher for this? Would go ex be good. Great rom by the way and fast. Im using overdrive deodex

Interesting let me look into that, as for a launcher, I know ADW works great. Please try out GoEX and see what happens, maybe let me know what happens? :cool:
Thank you for the complements :)

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Hi there yes im running go launcher i like it. I think when there is alot of apps you have that illusion that its faster because of scrolling. I use horizontal launcher pro setting on this and its pretty nice too. But so far scrolling sideways works best for me. ADW is nice too. The kernel works nice for me too i use 480/806. Battery still seems to be good

Last edited:

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
I just bought my Optimus V and roms Display a Blackscreen. I can tell they are booting and things seem to work based on sounds but the video drivers are not working with this new phone.

T

TheStudent

Scratch That, I Just Tried To Install It And It Won't Load For Me Either. Just Getting The Black LG Screen, Please Help (It Was The 2.2.2 Version)
Edit: I'm Trying The v1.0 Now.
Edit: v1.0 Works But 2.2.2 Is What I'm Looking For.

Last edited:

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Very interesting, I'm assuming both of you have newer Optimus V phones. Am I correct about this? If so then I need to investigate this issue, because this ROM has been known to work on both old and new phones. So all you guys get is a black screen yet you can hear the start up sounds? Sounds like my kernel needs the latest display drivers for the new Optimus V.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA

captaincrook

Sep 17, 2010
Don't know how handy you are with a kernel but I have but two requests if at all possible.

Multitouch typing is a bit of a pain on the OV. Alot of the times close taps (like C+H on the keyboard) get registered as a slide. Sometimes even further away keys like U+P. Dunno if its possible to fix that in the kernel but it would solve a major annoyance of mine.

The other, being implementation of "Deep Idle". I figured since CDMA eats more battery than GSM when connected, it could grant some extra time on battery.

And lastly, good luck on the ROM. I am stuck with Froyo due to IHO performance/battery woes and outside of my failed attempts to theme BumbleBee as Gingerbread, I've had nothing to look forward to. :p Will be testing more when you have your kernel up to go with the ROM.

One last Q Iforgot to ask. With regards to your current Stock version, is the Time Without Signal bug fixed there? Overclocking is of no real use to me, so flashing the BB kernel does me no good _for now_ (I could just use BB! :p).

Last edited:

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
Very interesting, I'm assuming both of you have newer Optimus V phones. Am I correct about this? If so then I need to investigate this issue, because this ROM has been known to work on both old and new phones. So all you guys get is a black screen yet you can hear the start up sounds? Sounds like my kernel needs the latest display drivers for the new Optimus V.

Yeah I just bought my phone about a week ago. I can hear the Start up sound and even unlock the phone and start to dial. The Screen is on I can see the back light but The Screen is completely Black. I would assume this is due to the Display Driver issue.

Reactions: redbaron2005

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Yeah I just bought my phone about a week ago. I can hear the Start up sound and even unlock the phone and start to dial. The Screen is on I can see the back light but The Screen is completely Black. I would assume this is due to the Display Driver issue.

Thank you for your input, every peace of detail helps.
I have been investigating this problem ever since you posted the bug, It would seem the stock kernel is meant for the older phone, but this is an easy quick fix, Give me today to fix this and I will release an update today. Thank you again for your detailed bug report.

Don't know how handy you are with a kernel but I have but two requests if at all possible.

Multitouch typing is a bit of a pain on the OV. Alot of the times close taps (like C+H on the keyboard) get registered as a slide. Sometimes even further away keys like U+P. Dunno if its possible to fix that in the kernel but it would solve a major annoyance of mine.

The other, being implementation of "Deep Idle". I figured since CDMA eats more battery than GSM when connected, it could grant some extra time on battery.

And lastly, good luck on the ROM. I am stuck with Froyo due to IHO performance/battery woes and outside of my failed attempts to theme BumbleBee as Gingerbread, I've had nothing to look forward to. :p Will be testing more when you have your kernel up to go with the ROM.

One last Q Iforgot to ask. With regards to your current Stock version, is the Time Without Signal bug fixed there? Overclocking is of no real use to me, so flashing the BB kernel does me no good _for now_ (I could just use BB! :p).
I'm a little bit new to kernel development, yet I have experience but I just cracked the book on linux kernels which is the same basis of Android kernels, I can't promise anything, but I can do my best. The multi-touch might not be that hard to work on, as for the "Deep Idle" I will be looking into this and all about it, I have been working on perfecting my ROM(s) before continuing and finishing my kernel development, but I have taken your input into consideration, I think having more then 2 points for multi-touch will be a great advantage, but lets see what I can do. I have no team, no help, and still learning in the process, there are so many things to learn and so little time. As for the "Time Without Signal" I have found this fix for that problem, I don't think my StockOV ROM has the fix yet, because I did port it from the Stock Optimus V ROM. So I will be adding that to StockOV.

Reactions: cucumbersmell

captaincrook

Sep 17, 2010
Hmm, ok. Obijohn had fixed the TWS bug in the kernel itself; would be helpful to have his BB kernel source. Dunno where he got/how he did the patch though. Would be much better than using the app.

As for multitouch, I think it's just how the phone handles the proximity of the two points. Unsure myself, I am just a power user, but I don't think the phone is capable of more than two points.

I wish your ROMs well. I'll be lying in the bushes in wait to test. :p

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Updated StockOV 1.0 to 1.1!!!

StockOV has been updated to v1.1
Picasticks Modded Kernel
New Google Play Market
Dedeoxed
Rooted
Overclockable
Google-Play-Market2.png

Check out the first post for more info.

Hope you all enjoy the new update :D
Keep your eyes pealed for OverDrive turning into a FroyoBread ROM.
Keep an eye out for the new GingerBread ROM coming soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raul027

rivethead23

Aug 17, 2010
I've been running Bumblebee 2.4 ever since release, and I've tried loads of other ROMS. They all are either too bloated, too slow, crash too often, or have features missing. I've been running 1.1 ever since release and I'm impressed. Works great - fast, and no problems. The new go-to ROM.

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
I've been running Bumblebee 2.4 ever since release, and I've tried loads of other ROMS. They all are either too bloated, too slow, crash too often, or have features missing. I've been running 1.1 ever since release and I'm impressed. Works great - fast, and no problems. The new go-to ROM.

Thank you very much, I have spent a great deal of effort towards these two ROMs, I'm happy to know its the new "go-to ROM" :D

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
Just installed 2.2.2, so far so good. I installed the OC kernel but don't see any options under Settings to configure OC speed - do I need a particular app, or are the OC speeds not configurable?

redbaron2005

Oct 21, 2011
Azusa, CA
Just installed 2.2.2, so far so good. I installed the OC kernel but don't see any options under Settings to configure OC speed - do I need a particular app, or are the OC speeds not configurable?

You need an Overclocking app,
Search the market for
OverclockWidget, or CPU Tuner.
You can also use ROM Toolbox.
I don't add these apps because everyone uses different overclocking programs, I didn't want another app that takes up space.
Just for the convenience of the user,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to OverDrive
    OverDrive is a ROM me and a few people have been working on for the past few months. This ROM poped-up first in Android Central by me Redbaron, The reason this poped-up was the main fact that there are only a hand full of ROMs for the LG Optimus V, and I am a flashing junkie, meaning I change ROMs like I chew gum, chew it up until the flavor is gone, then spit it out. So here is a ROM created from Stock, and built from the ground up. Having both tested to work on new and older Optimus V's in this thread you can find StockOV which is a rooted and modified running Android 2.2.1 updates are coming soon for this ROM. As for OverDrive, OverDrive is a heavenly modified ROM ported from Stock, running Android 2.2.2 removed all VM's stock apps, kept the Activate app, imported modules and files from kernels for optimum use and performance.​

I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR FLAWS IN YOUR PHONE, NOR BRICKED PHONES, YOU DO WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU DO IT. A LITTLE KNOWN FACT DO NOT LG FACTORY RESET!!! UNDER ADVANCED MENU. DO NOT!!

StockOV v2.2.1 [v1.1 +Picasticks]
    desktop-01-stockov.png
    Google-Play-Market.png
    systeminfo-stockov01.png

The Goods v1.1
    • Fixed TWS (Time Without Signal)(Battery saver)(Can be undone by removing "xtr50fix-v1.apk" from system files)
    • Deodexed
    • added Picasticks, tweaked kernel
    • Removed VM Crapware (Except Activate APP)
    • Updated Market to Google Play Store
    • Removed kickback, soundback, talkback, gmail, youtube, maps, talk, email, protips and google talk
    • Edited build.prop
    • Overclockable - Not recommended above 824

v1.0 The Goods
    • Everything stock 2.2.1 has to offer
    • Superuser 3.0
    • Latest Busybox
    • Better 3G Speeds
    • Tested and runs beautiful

DOWNLOAD v1.1
    StockOV-1.1

DOWNLOAD v1.0
    StockOV-OverDrive1.0

This ROM will run with newer phones, also this ROM is best flashed with Xionia Recovery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OverDrive v2.2.2 [v2.2]
    homescreen.png
    infoscreen.png

v2.2 The Goods
    • Android 2.2.2
    • Swype
    • Removed all VM Apps except Activate
    • More support, as the Dev of this ROM, if you have ANY problems I can help
    • Added bin and other files from Optimus S for better speeds.
    • build.prop updated and modded.
      proximity.delay=20, vm.heapsize=38m, wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=160
    • Apps2sd added[Not the app]
    • Superuser 3.0.7
    • De-Odexed this increases speeds
    • ZipAligned
    • Not overclocked yet, please flash the temporary kernel at the bottom of the page or wait for kernel
    • Removed Email, and VoiceDialer from system files.

v2.1 The Goods
    • Android 2.2.2
    • Swype
    • Removed some VM Apps
    • Removed boot sounds

2.2.2 DOWNLOADS!

DOWNLOAD v2.2 Stripped
    OverDrive-2.2- de-odexed.zip - Media Fire
    Mirror - Sky File
    Mirror - Dropbox

DOWNLOAD v2.1 Stripped
    StockOV-OverDrive2.2.2-stripped-2.1.zip

Instructions on how to flash

1)Back up / Nandroid
    2)Wipe - boot, data, system, cache.
    3)Flash
    3a)Flash kernel (if chosen to)
    4)Reboot
    5)Enjoy!

Keep posted for more updates and roms from me, Redbaron.​
    [2/11/2012 9:55 PM] Currently working on 2.2.2+ also custom kernel.
    [2/28/2012 12:35 PM] Finishing OverDrive 2.2 (2.2.2+ Kernel + build.prop Tweeks)
    Also finished de-odexed 2.2.2
    Been working on a side project for fun.
    Removed more bloatware (Virgin Apps, Keeping Activate, never know when you need it)
    [3/2/2012 12:49 PM]Working on custom kernel, Working on a new ROM.

A Special thanks to:
    vegetajin8 - My Tester
    LeslieAnn - A Great Dev
    obijohn - Bumble Bee Kernel​

Thank you for your input, every peace of detail helps.
    I have been investigating this problem ever since you posted the bug, It would seem the stock kernel is meant for the older phone, but this is an easy quick fix, Give me today to fix this and I will release an update today. Thank you again for your detailed bug report.

I'm a little bit new to kernel development, yet I have experience but I just cracked the book on linux kernels which is the same basis of Android kernels, I can't promise anything, but I can do my best. The multi-touch might not be that hard to work on, as for the "Deep Idle" I will be looking into this and all about it, I have been working on perfecting my ROM(s) before continuing and finishing my kernel development, but I have taken your input into consideration, I think having more then 2 points for multi-touch will be a great advantage, but lets see what I can do. I have no team, no help, and still learning in the process, there are so many things to learn and so little time. As for the "Time Without Signal" I have found this fix for that problem, I don't think my StockOV ROM has the fix yet, because I did port it from the Stock Optimus V ROM. So I will be adding that to StockOV.
    Hmm, ok. Obijohn had fixed the TWS bug in the kernel itself; would be helpful to have his BB kernel source. Dunno where he got/how he did the patch though. Would be much better than using the app.

As for multitouch, I think it's just how the phone handles the proximity of the two points. Unsure myself, I am just a power user, but I don't think the phone is capable of more than two points.

I wish your ROMs well. I'll be lying in the bushes in wait to test. :p
    Updated StockOV 1.0 to 1.1!!!

StockOV has been updated to v1.1
    Picasticks Modded Kernel
    New Google Play Market
    Dedeoxed
    Rooted
    Overclockable
    Google-Play-Market2.png

Check out the first post for more info.

Hope you all enjoy the new update :D
    Keep your eyes pealed for OverDrive turning into a FroyoBread ROM.
    Keep an eye out for the new GingerBread ROM coming soon!