[ROM]BoogieDonut.5 -Based off Dwang 1.17.1 w/ Cyanogen 4.2.12.2 kernel - 27 Jan 2010

Search This thread

ttc_smokee

Jan 10, 2009
hey guys...

Congrats on Hero_over on the retirement, but you didnt have to mention my name in your post. I dont even consider myself a ROM developer, I just made a nice rom thats fast and stable for me, and I wanted to share. I dont want nor expect donations. I just love this community and I figure maybe someone out there would like this ROM. Its all love though.

i have this rom that i've made and have been using for the past two-three weeks. as i've been going along i've been tweaking it to my liking, and its very fast for me and i have no force closes. i wasn't even going to post this rom, but i thought maybe somebody out there would like it.

First off: G1 (HTC Dream) ONLY!!!! They say it works for mt3g, so you can try but I made it for the G1.
its based on dwangs 1.17.1 rom.
i edited the boot.img to include cyanogen's 4.2.12.2 kernel ( NO ramhack, so you can enjoy 3D games and apps)
i added the black statusbar
added nano so you can edit scripts in terminal on-the-fly
ext 2 through 4 supported
automatic a2sd!
added meltus audio hack v2r2

edited alot of pngs.. themed STOCK launcher with nexus tray
eclair contacts.apk
youtube 1.5.08
eclair calculator
compcache working...
userinit.sh support in /system/sd/
updated market

like i said i wasnt going to post it, but i thought maybe somone would like it...so if u flash it. let me know how it works for you.

REQUIREMENTS
DANGER SPL and UPDATED RADIO (THE NORM)
ext 2-4 partition
swap partition if you want.
PLEASE WIPE DATA BEFORE YOU FLASH!!!

Sidenote:I never usually wipe my entire ext partition before I flash any ROM. If you have access to a linux box and sd card reader I usually just delete the DALVIK-CACHE folder and APP-PRIVATE... although my APP-PRIVATE is always empty. I think what causes the crashing at boot when you don't erase the ext is the dalvik-cache. I leave my APP folder and my userinit.sh there, and when I reboot and it dexopts all of my apps and when it finally starts up all my apps are there from the beginning. NOW! You might have to reinstall some apps which might FC when you try to run it, but you can easily with a file manager and browsing to /system/sd/app/ and reinstalling.​

But that's just me, I find that more convenient that reinstalling 111 apps one-by-one. If thats too much...
WIPE EXT PARTITION BEFORE FLASH.

ChangeLog-
Boogiedonut.5
  • Davilk-cache on sd card
  • Added latest WiredTether and WirelessTether, and the newer Terminal
  • Added transparent notification drop down
  • Fixed A2SD script to correctly run e2fsck
  • /system/sd/userinit.sh support, if not, then linux-swap if you have swap partition, or compcache if you don't
  • Reverted to stock Android bootsplash

boogiedonut.2
  • changed boot.img to use /etc/init.d as custom_init
  • turned on compcache by default ( 32mb disklimit ), if no /system/sd/userinit.sh present
  • changed status bar battery icon with default hero one
  • reverted back to nexus themed launcher, changed launcher background to darker png
  • edited phone.apk to replace all in-call screens with stock 1.6, (still eclair dialer)
  • added WIRED tether. works great, trust!
  • keep dalvik-cache on internal memory... ( i have over 100 applications on my sd, and have 29.50 mb free internal) - apps still on sd

BOOGIEDONUT.1
Added LatinIME.apk and reverted to working alarm clock
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ifr7oa
mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?madu0lqmuyw

I'll also add the userinit.sh that I use for me it's makes it pretty fast, it just sets cpu max to 528, min to 384 Mhz. Compcache with 24 MB dize size, without swap partition. Backing swap with 16 MB mem limit, with swap partition, 30 swappiness. Just unzip then, adb push to /system/sd/.

Eclair STOCK theme'd launcher... I dont use advanced launcher, I'm pretty sure you can just "rm -r /system/app/Launcher" and then adb push advanced launcher to /system/app/ if you want to use that.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xkxmhmjytzy

Attachments

• 2010-01-11-15-00-40.jpg
    2010-01-11-15-00-40.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 2010-01-11-15-00-56.jpg
    2010-01-11-15-00-56.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 2010-01-11-15-01-05.jpg
    2010-01-11-15-01-05.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,386
  • userinit.zip
    415 bytes · Views: 147
Last edited:

songoku119

Jan 16, 2009
Nice

Very Cool. I had done something similar myself when I got tired of 3d apps not working cuz of the ramhack except mine was too buggy for my liking. I will try it out and see how the speed compares with dwangs/cyan's (came from dwang to cyan and not diggin it :( ). I'll post back with some results!

EDIT: Just installed and started playing around with it. Everything seems good so far. One thing is that i got FC on installation. I figured out that eventually when i got past the FC and activated that either there was a problem during setup that the keyboard IME did not get installed or you forgot to include them. No worries. I just pulled them from another rom and installed and all is dandy. Gonna restore some apps and see how that goes and give another update when I can.

Last edited:

thephantom007

May 6, 2009
Detroit
ups i cant see know cuz my phone wont boot im gonna look and try to install the SPl and the radio i didnt do that long time ago and what about the 1.6 android version

ttc_smokee

Jan 10, 2009
Very Cool. I had done something similar myself when I got tired of 3d apps not working cuz of the ramhack except mine was too buggy for my liking. I will try it out and see how the speed compares with dwangs/cyan's (came from dwang to cyan and not diggin it :( ). I'll post back with some results!

EDIT: Just installed and started playing around with it. Everything seems good so far. One thing is that i got FC on installation. I figured out that eventually when i got past the FC and activated that either there was a problem during setup that the keyboard IME did not get installed or you forgot to include them. No worries. I just pulled them from another rom and installed and all is dandy. Gonna restore some apps and see how that goes and give another update when I can.

you are right i did not include a keyboard IME. Myself I perfer the HTC_IME and it can only be adb installed to the phone, instead of being build into the ROM. If you want I can include a new version with LatinIME.apk included.

thephantom007

May 6, 2009
Detroit
i just got it running my friend im gonna see how it works and how fast it is and if im satisfied well u can have a six pack o maybe a 12 lol thank you

Gerson2407

Jan 23, 2009
I want to try this but absolutely need the alarm to work, lol. Can you post an update fixing the alarm?

tom_me

Jan 3, 2010
feedback

Can anybody tell me if its faster than dwangs 1.17.1. Also any fc and is everything working on this build. Thanks. Oh and hows the battery life on this build cuz dwangs draining alot.

Gerson2407

Jan 23, 2009
Extremely fast.

But... I have a couple of problems
My Pro's and Con's

Pros:
1.Extremely fast, no lag on the launcher at all.
2. It even speeds up dolphin broswer for some reason.
3. Fast, fast, fast.

Cons:
1. Did notice only three homescreens, had gotten used to 5 but no biggie. Maybe an update if demanded by enough members?
2. Some of my widgets (Including Paid:Weather Flip clock) get stuck on updating. All Mippin mobile widgets get stuck on updating too. Edit: fixed with a reboot, sorry about that mate.
3. Missing spare parts, can I just add that in myself?

I'm running on 96mb swap, did a full wipe, came from Latest Cyan .12 I think.

Last edited:

Che123

Aug 18, 2009
But... I have a couple of problems

1. Did notice only three homescreens, had gotten used to 5 but no biggie. Maybe an update if demanded by enough members?

Would like to see a 5-screens-launcher too.
Maybe you could integrate the Advanced Launcher (user can select the number of screens)

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
I'm for 5 screens, but against AdvancedLauncher. It has not been updated for a long time and seems to be slowing down the phone quite a bit.