Huawei Ascend P1/U9200 Root

Search This thread

ve3sjk

Sep 21, 2012
I have also successfully rooted my Wind Mobile, build U9200-1V100R001CANC113B104. Just wondering if it's safe to update Superuser (update available through system updates).

i am just starting on rooting and also hava a wind mobile, can you give more details on what you did to root it. What tutorial did you follow.

thanks

Wind mobile - Confirmed

I literally downloaded all of the files in this thread thought I would rewrite the structs for clarity. :eek:

These instructions will help you root your phone and install a custom recovery. :cyclops:

**make sure you have your phones drivers installed, its a waste of time not to have them**

Wind Mobile
Build Number.: u9200-1v100r001canc113b104
Win XP

1. Downloaded Android Control [Direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?uddt24v58q4b4ey]
- post #3 [ xda http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28571182#post28571182]
-- only need adb&fastboot out of this package, but unzip the whole thing

2. Dowloaded cm recovery [Direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?pdaj3bohegu0vox]
[Madmodder.co.uk http://madmodder.co.uk/huawei/u9200/how-to-install-recovery-on-huawei-ascend-p1-u9200.htm]
-- place "cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img" in "AndroidControl" folder, you unzipped earlier.

3. Open a windows shell ( start->run->cmd )
i) cd C:\_WHERE_YOUR_FOLDER_IS_\AndroidControl
ii) fastboot flash recovery cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img
- its send the file to your phone, flashes it, then sits there. done.
iii) fastboot reboot
** Your CM recovery should now be installed. Check by " adb.exe reboot recovery ", this will reboot your phone into recovery.

Your done you installed the recovery:good:.You still need super user.:confused:

1. Download just the tools here [ direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?7pdfh11ue8ykyk6 ]
[Madmodder.co.uk http://madmodder.co.uk/huawei/u9200/how-to-root-huawei-ascend-p1-u9200.htm]

- unzip the tools
- Open a windows shell ( start->run->cmd )
- cd C:\_WHERE_YOUR_FOLDER_IS_\b113 b115 root u9200[Nixing] Tools Only
- ubl.exe (a chinese dialog will appear with the english " Root " button) click it.
- it will install super user then another dialog will appear .. think it means okay.click it.

Your done. :good: super user will now be installed. The icons looks like this
Superuser-Elite-thumb.png

I **highly** suggest backing up your stock rom before doing anything else. Also use titanium backup to save contacts, sms, etc. Enjoy.:good:

Update: By default there are pre-installed apps ( Facebook, Riptide -game, Polaris Office, Video). You can remove these by.:
A) Remount the `/cust` as read-writable
Default: /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust
B) I wanted to remove Riptide ( RiptideGP_Soco.apk )and Twitter ( Twitter.apk ).
# cd /cust/wind/ca/delapp
# rm RiptideGP_Soco.apk Twitter.apk
C) Re-Mount the folder read-only again.
# mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust
D) You done. *BUT* The pre-compiled binaries are still on your system. Again Titanium backup is good for this. TitaniumBackup->menu key->Clean Dalvik cache.
You can use another tool that does the same thing (clean dalvik cache).

Last edited:

Jasonliw93

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto
one more thing

Great Guide except you forgot to mention to boot into bootloader at the start
adb reboot bootloader
then you can type fastboot commands.

I literally downloaded all of the files in this thread thought I would rewrite the structs for clarity. :eek:

These instructions will help you root your phone and install a custom recovery. :cyclops:

**make sure you have your phones drivers installed, its a waste of time not to have them**

Wind Mobile
Build Number.: u9200-1v100r001canc113b104
Win XP

1. Downloaded Android Control [Direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?uddt24v58q4b4ey]
- post #3 [ xda http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28571182#post28571182]
-- only need adb&fastboot out of this package, but unzip the whole thing

2. Dowloaded cm recovery [Direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?pdaj3bohegu0vox]
[Madmodder.co.uk http://madmodder.co.uk/huawei/u9200/how-to-install-recovery-on-huawei-ascend-p1-u9200.htm]
-- place "cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img" in "AndroidControl" folder, you unzipped earlier.

3. Open a windows shell ( start->run->cmd )
i) cd C:\_WHERE_YOUR_FOLDER_IS_\AndroidControl
ii) fastboot flash recovery cwm_touch_recovery_viva_beta.img
- its send the file to your phone, flashes it, then sits there. done.
iii) fastboot reboot
** Your CM recovery should now be installed. Check by " adb.exe reboot recovery ", this will reboot your phone into recovery.

Your done you installed the recovery:good:.You still need super user.:confused:

1. Download just the tools here [ direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?7pdfh11ue8ykyk6 ]
[Madmodder.co.uk http://madmodder.co.uk/huawei/u9200/how-to-root-huawei-ascend-p1-u9200.htm]

- unzip the tools
- Open a windows shell ( start->run->cmd )
- cd C:\_WHERE_YOUR_FOLDER_IS_\b113 b115 root u9200[Nixing] Tools Only
- ubl.exe (a chinese dialog will appear with the english " Root " button) click it.
- it will install super user then another dialog will appear .. think it means okay.click it.

Your done. :good: super user will now be installed. The icons looks like this
Superuser-Elite-thumb.png

I **highly** suggest backing up your stock rom before doing anything else. Also use titanium backup to save contacts, sms, etc. Enjoy.:good:

Update: By default there are pre-installed apps ( Facebook, Riptide -game, Polaris Office, Video). You can remove these by.:
A) Remount the `/cust` as read-writable
Default: /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust
B) I wanted to remove Riptide ( RiptideGP_Soco.apk )and Twitter ( Twitter.apk ).
# cd /cust/wind/ca/delapp
# rm RiptideGP_Soco.apk Twitter.apk
C) Re-Mount the folder read-only again.
# mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/cust /cust
D) You done. *BUT* The pre-compiled binaries are still on your system. Again Titanium backup is good for this. TitaniumBackup->menu key->Clean Dalvik cache.
You can use another tool that does the same thing (clean dalvik cache).

Grimfang

Oct 23, 2012
official firmware B225, possible to root?

heyho,

Huawei released a new official firmware version called B225. You can get it on official Huawei website under Home > Support > Huawei Ascend P1 > Software

It is possible to root this one with any of the guides in this thread?

Thanks in advance!
Grim

Last edited:

mughalgxt

Sep 15, 2008
Ajman
has anyone realised decreased total RAM just 600mb after the new update? Originally was 900 Mb? Anywhy to revert it back?

P.S. The more RAM in-use the better. Ensures better UI smoothness and better multi tasking. Has dramatically reduced forced closures on my phone. No RAM optimisations required as the native is efficient enough! Definitely worth upgrading !

Last edited:

zizobike

Oct 29, 2012
Ascend P1 with B013

Hi all.
I am the owner of a B013 Ascend P1 with Android 4.0.3 (U9200-1V100R001C02B013).
I can do the ROOT?
thanks

answer84

Jan 22, 2011
Hello, I have a huawei ascend P1 with recovery Touch + Root (Version U9200-1V100R001FRAC224B105) the supplier is ORANGE. I would like to install version U9200-1 Android 4.0, V100R001C00B226, General Version available on the huawei site, but when I copy the folder dload with Update.app File on my SD card and I run the installation procedure either in normal mode or force mode, when the phone restarts the touch recovery launches itself and the update can not be made. So I followed the guide from johnnyparanoia that explains how to re install stock recovery, but before starting the flash I asked myself a question: I extracted the recovery from firmware B226 then can I flash even when a phone equipped with B105 firmware ..? to finally get rid the orange rom

thank you for your help ...

daubetcatre

Nov 3, 2011
Ha Noi
Hi.
When i try run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" i got stuck on reboot stage. Telephone just show Huawei Ascend. BTW Win 7 can't find driver for Blaze. I tried reboot manually with pressed power+volum up keys and recover update.zip. But recovery cant pass signature verification. :crying:

Hi,
The "Blaze" driver must install with fastboot driver file. Please try attach file.
First, skip finding driver by Windows Update of Windows 7, choose manually to driver folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: loreway

lalallaa

Nov 10, 2012
Huawei ascend p1 ,b105 firmware

Hi,
I would really aprishiate if anyone could upload their b105 firmware so I could fix my phone for now. Miui-s that-s ready for dowloading are little bit too buggy for me so if anyone have European (Estonian to be exact) firmware to spare can contact me.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Help with cwm & root please

Hello - sorry for my bad english, i use translator

Shall I in brief Huawei P1 plus without root don't go round
Could me somebody reinforcing plus step by step write instruction on CWM plus ROOT for this phone?

I use Czech lang, because i am from Czech Republic - Czech must be included in setting menu plus languages!!!!
I have build: U9200- 1V100R001C185B105

Thank you very much:)

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
ALL HUAWEI ASCEND P1/P1s - ROOT FOR 10 SECONDS

Great news for owners HUAWEI ASCEND P1/P1S
!!!!!!! ROOT for 10 seconds !!!!!!!
Dont worry, with two cliks you make ROOT of your phone.

How at it?
More simply it perhaps ------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Draw down to the PC this folder: http://www.ulozto.cz/xPiqA9P/huawei-ascend-p1-p1s-root-by-maxfli-zip
2 .Unpack folder in your PC
3. In your phone activate USB DEBUGGING
4. Conect USB cable with phone plus PC (Phone is still ON)
5. In PC run hwadb.exe (Let carry out action)
6. In PC run ubl.exe (Window open and click on panel ROOT, after it clicked OK, ROOT is born)
7 . Disconnect USB cable and reboo/restart the phone
8 .After go on you discovers in menu application icon SuperUser - - - - - - - - - - - - - HAAAUUUUKKK :good::good::good::good::good:

jlcachavera

Feb 23, 2012
My firmware is 1V100R001C02B021, I am root, and I have the touch recovery, but I don't know if I can flash any Rom, or I must downgrade or upgrade my firmware before...
Anybody knows?

Thank you!

incessantlytweaking

Feb 17, 2012
Toronto
Virus Alert

How at it?
More simply it perhaps ------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Draw down to the PC this folder: URL REMOVED
6. In PC run ubl.exe (Window open and click on panel ROOT, after it clicked OK, ROOT is born)
8 .After go on you discovers in menu application icon SuperUser - - - - - - - - - - - - - HAAAUUUUKKK :good::good::good::good::good:

Opening ubl.exe made my virus scanner go off. Picked up android/exploit.mempodroid.a trojan

Reactions: Freddy74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method is tested by me and it worked perfectly. With this guide you will be able to root your U9200 with b113 and b115(android 4.0 and 4.0.3).
    I am not responsible for any data loss or bricked devices! You do it on your own risk!

1) Download this zip. The password is: ccc333
    2) Extract the zip to your desktop.
    3) Download Android SDK Tools from here and install the packages.
    4) Plug your Ascend P1 to the PC.
    5) Make sure that USB Debugging is checked (Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging)!
    6) Open "b113_b115-root_u9200---__[Nixing]" from your desktop.
    7) Run "hwadb.exe".
    8) Run "ubl.exe", click ROOT - this should root your device without restart and any problem, check if the Superuser icon has appeared.
    After the device is rooted you will need to install recovery.
    I used Geno's Recovery - run "Onekey_ROM_Ascendp1.exe" from the zip and the tool will install it.
    From this recovery you can flash whatever you want w/o any problems! It's a little bit sad that it is in chinese but oh well...
    I will attach a picture of the same recovery but in english so you can see what you are actually doing.

Good luck!
    Download Mode

Hey,

is there any trick to get into Download Mode/Fastboot?
    Should I press both at the same time? When do I release them..
    With Vol. Down + Power Key i don't get into Download Mode..
    I just managed to get there once, but I don't remenber how I did it.

And by the way. When I press Vol.Up und Power, I get to the android recovery, stock. where I can do a wipe or apply a update from sdcard.

Pease let me known

jensema

EDIT:
    Got it. Hold VOL. Down and then Plug in USB Cable.
    Phone in Download Mode.
    Now I need the right drivers.
    Phone shows a "Blaze"
    Can someone tell me which driver to use.

thanks

2.EDIT: Got it. Under Win7 , installing Hi Suite, then change Driver for "Blaze" to Android ADB Interface.
    Fastboot working!
    ALL HUAWEI ASCEND P1/P1s - ROOT FOR 10 SECONDS

How at it?

1. Draw down to the PC this folder: http://www.ulozto.cz/xPiqA9P/huawei-ascend-p1-p1s-root-by-maxfli-zip
    Hey, I'm very pleased with my U9200, don't know about the others but everything works fine here. The device's default ROM was working perfect, I managed to root it and eventually changed to MIUI ROM. But yeah, the U9200 is a really good smartphone if you ask me. There are still not enough apps and tweaks for it etc.
    B218

Hi,

i have the Build B218.
    Has anyone rooting?

Try Unlock Root here - Unlock Root 2.3.1 it says it can root the U9200 and might work for your firmware version.

You can also try the method for B113 and B115

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - Johnny Paranoia's Other Blog

or here

How to - Root Huawei Ascend P1 - U9200 B113 and B115 - MadModder

See if it works and post back to let everyone know :)

Hello brother , plz. update the file link it's not working . Thx for ur effort.much appreciate.

Regards.
    Ljm.

The links to my sites above have links to the tools and the link to OneKey's rom is also there on the - How to Install Root and Recovery on Huawei U9200 - Ascend P1 post

I didn't mirror nixings full download without his permission, though I will if he would like me to (Although I would have to remove the password because I don't like them lol) :)

Hope this helps :)