[APP] Droid Streamer

Search This thread

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
We have got a lot of attention the last days! Keep it up! Twitter about Droid Streamer and share about it on facebook!
Please follow us on Twitter and be a Fan on facebook!

http://twitter.com/droidstreamer
http://facebook.com/droidstreamer

This app has been out a while now, and i decided why not share it here?

Droid Streamer is streaming service available on the web and on the Android Market as a App.
NOTICE: That Droid Streamer is in BETA! Not everything will work as it should, and TV-shows and/or movies may be missing or wont work.
With this app you can stream your favorite TV-shows and Movies!

TV-Shows:
- The Simpsons
- Family Guy
- Two and a Half Men
- Scrubs
- South Park
- NCIS
- and much more!

Movies:
- Iron Man 1&2
- Terminator 1,2,3
- and more!

The TV-shows and movies are collected from youtube and other sites, so this app is fully legit!

Droid Streamer is available on the Android Market. Just Search for Droid Streamer Pro! And of course it's Free!
It's also available on the web, DroidStreamer.com but the web site is VERY outdated. I am going to work on that later in 2011.

We update very often with new episodes and movies. So don't worry.
I have only attached one image of the app, and yes its very old. I going to upload a new soon!

If You like the App please Donate to me, I have working hard on this.
Donations can be made in the App or here on xda. Just press "Donate to me" below my name.
All the money will go to the server fees.
Thanks!

Change Log:

V0.85b [2011-01-09]
- No more reloading when you rotate the screen!
- If you got a fysical keyboard, then there's no problem flipping it up and down when watching a clip!
- What's New? has now support for scripts! YAY!

V0.85 [2010-12-16]
- Full Screen mode (but not centered)
- Support for Swedish Characters

V0.8.2 [2010-12-01]
- Bug Fixes
- Extended the Whats New? view
- New icon

V0.8 [2010-12-01]
- Bug fixes

V0.7 [2010-11-26]
- First Release

attachment.php

Direct link to the Market: market://details?id=com.karlzzonz.droidstreamerpro
Appbrain: http://www.appbrain.com/app/droid-streamer-pro/com.karlzzonz.droidstreamerpro

Attachments

• device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 951
  • qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    587 bytes · Views: 5,034
Last edited:

dubyajaysmith

Apr 14, 2010
ATL
awesome. i'll donate if i use it which im sure i will. much more convenient than surfing through clicker.com on lunch break =D keep it up, hope u get more than 10 cents quickly =D thanks

Alex.xTF

Oct 16, 2010
Saint Louis
Works pretty well, videos not fitting the entire screen, episode selection is a good start. I appreciate your work making this happen and I'll stick around. Donations coming your way when my PayPal or gcheckout get up and running.

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
awesome. i'll donate if i use it which im sure i will. much more convenient than surfing through clicker.com on lunch break =D keep it up, hope u get more than 10 cents quickly =D thanks

Happy to know that you will use it :D And yes i hope I get more cuz 10 cents is not much for the servers )=

Works pretty well, videos not fitting the entire screen, episode selection is a good start. I appreciate your work making this happen and I'll stick around. Donations coming your way when my PayPal or gcheckout get up and running.

Its not centered full screen, I will try to fix that in the next update!
Donations are VERY appreciated because I must pay the server fee soon (and it's not free!)

Last edited:

r3ferrei

Sep 15, 2008
Toronto
Thanks for the app. If I were you, I would go the ad route, then just ask people to click on the banner to help you out. Keep the donate button there in case people want to give more, but clicking on a banner is easier.

You might not want to answer this, but are you hosting the videos or are you linking to them via your own server and sending the users to where the streams are?

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
Thanks for the app. If I were you, I would go the ad route, then just ask people to click on the banner to help you out. Keep the donate button there in case people want to give more, but clicking on a banner is easier.

You might not want to answer this, but are you hosting the videos or are you linking to them via your own server and sending the users to where the streams are?

Yeah but the thing is that I don't want ads in the app!
The answer on your question is in the first post.
"The TV-shows and movies are collected from youtube and other sites, so this app is fully legit!"
And by other sites there is not any from the Karlzzonz community.

Thanks, I will put that in the first post also!

bmxmike

Nov 11, 2008
OKC
OG Droid: Bugless 0.6.1

Running great! Streams are smooth no lag or anything I can tell using 3g. Like someone else said picture is left aligned. Also if I slide open the keyboard it freaks it out some but if I slide it back in it resumes right where it was! Only thing this needs to be great is option to zoom but other than that amazing app! Can't wait for full version to come out.

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
OG Droid: Bugless 0.6.1

Running great! Streams are smooth no lag or anything I can tell using 3g. Like someone else said picture is left aligned. Also if I slide open the keyboard it freaks it out some but if I slide it back in it resumes right where it was! Only thing this needs to be great is option to zoom but other than that amazing app! Can't wait for full version to come out.

Yeah, still is not centered full screen, but I will fix that in a update. I also have a slider (or pop-out, I have a Desire Z) so I know the problem.

JanetPanic

Oct 17, 2005
Rockville, MD
I don't want to discourage you but unless you are streaming from the original source, the videos you are linking to are extremely likely to be in violation of copyright statute in the U.S. at least. Even if you are streaming from the original source many of the videos being offered are questionable.

Taking Avatar, Iron Man, and Iron Man 2 as examples; there is no "free" source for streaming of these movies legally in the U.S. that I am aware of. Nor is there likely to be one at this stage given their age and success in the Box Office.

I believe your motives are good and have faith that you most likely believe that the copying and redistribution are legal. With that said, you might want to prepare yourself with a better defense than the fact they are available at youtube and "other sites."

Again let me stress that I am not trying to spoil the party so to speak. But be prepared to offer a better explanation once someone "in power" notices this fine application.

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
Nice app man! It works beautifully on both wifi and 3G..it just takes about 10 seconds longer to load the video on 3G. I can't wait until this app is out of beta. Planning to donate....Happy New Year!

Rooted HTC Hero
AOSPmod 2.2

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
I don't want to discourage you but unless you are streaming from the original source, the videos you are linking to are extremely likely to be in violation of copyright statute in the U.S. at least. Even if you are streaming from the original source many of the videos being offered are questionable.

Taking Avatar, Iron Man, and Iron Man 2 as examples; there is no "free" source for streaming of these movies legally in the U.S. that I am aware of. Nor is there likely to be one at this stage given their age and success in the Box Office.

I believe your motives are good and have faith that you most likely believe that the copying and redistribution are legal. With that said, you might want to prepare yourself with a better defense than the fact they are available at youtube and "other sites."

Again let me stress that I am not trying to spoil the party so to speak. But be prepared to offer a better explanation once someone "in power" notices this fine application.

I see. I better remove the web. But if I stream from another server it's legal? Thats why many streaming sites are still alive :D And if, we say FOX had a .mp4 that was "safe for streaming" for every episode that would be awesome!

Nice app man! It works beautifully on both wifi and 3G..it just takes about 10 seconds longer to load the video on 3G. I can't wait until this app is out of beta. Planning to donate....Happy New Year!

Rooted HTC Hero
AOSPmod 2.2

Sweet to hear! Happy New Year!

Reactions: eris-

JanetPanic

Oct 17, 2005
Rockville, MD
I see. I better remove the web. But if I stream from another server it's legal? Thats why many streaming sites are still alive :D And if, we say FOX had a .mp4 that was "safe for streaming" for every episode that would be awesome!

I am not suggesting removing the web. I am not even suggesting removing the application. What I am suggesting is that your defense and assertion that the streams are legal is not backed by any evidence and most evidence points to the contrary.

Fox does indeed stream many shows directly from their website (including the Simpsons). I don't know the TOS for these streams nor do I care. You however might be better off checking though.

Heck point out the streaming site for Avatar and Iron Man. If it is a legal site I would be interested to see what else they have.

EDIT: Hot linking to illegal material is a grey area but most rights holders fall on the side of a violation of their IP. Do what you like; Saying that it is legal though is questionable at best.

Last edited:

eris-

Jun 27, 2010
I love this app!!

Thank you for making this.. Can you add a section for a custom path? Like for your own network? Like smb or ftp or something?? support for icefilms.info would be crunk :D

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
Damn only 2 pages? this app needs and deserves more love. it's great.. unfortunately it doesnt completely take advantage of my screen ( about a half inch of unused space left) but oh well, its still pretty good.

KarlssoN1337

Oct 30, 2010
I am not suggesting removing the web. I am not even suggesting removing the application. What I am suggesting is that your defense and assertion that the streams are legal is not backed by any evidence and most evidence points to the contrary.

Fox does indeed stream many shows directly from their website (including the Simpsons). I don't know the TOS for these streams nor do I care. You however might be better off checking though.

Heck point out the streaming site for Avatar and Iron Man. If it is a legal site I would be interested to see what else they have.

EDIT: Hot linking to illegal material is a grey area but most rights holders fall on the side of a violation of their IP. Do what you like; Saying that it is legal though is questionable at best.

Fox is blocked outside the U.S. (can't watch anything, that sucks) maybe thats why there is a lot o streaming sites out there? And i don't think there is a .mp4 file that is suitable for android behind this.

I don't think that the site that has the movies i Legal, and I want to protect it so I wont link it here.
And I'm not so into this with laws. But what is the Internet for right?

Damn only 2 pages? this app needs and deserves more love. it's great.. unfortunately it doesnt completely take advantage of my screen ( about a half inch of unused space left) but oh well, its still pretty good.

Yeah it does need some more! "Vote for Home Page?"
And if you check out our FAQ on DroidStreamer.com you will find that we know the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have got a lot of attention the last days! Keep it up! Twitter about Droid Streamer and share about it on facebook!
    Please follow us on Twitter and be a Fan on facebook!

http://twitter.com/droidstreamer
    http://facebook.com/droidstreamer

This app has been out a while now, and i decided why not share it here?

Droid Streamer is streaming service available on the web and on the Android Market as a App.
    NOTICE: That Droid Streamer is in BETA! Not everything will work as it should, and TV-shows and/or movies may be missing or wont work.
    With this app you can stream your favorite TV-shows and Movies!

TV-Shows:
    - The Simpsons
    - Family Guy
    - Two and a Half Men
    - Scrubs
    - South Park
    - NCIS
    - and much more!

Movies:
    - Iron Man 1&2
    - Terminator 1,2,3
    - and more!

The TV-shows and movies are collected from youtube and other sites, so this app is fully legit!

Droid Streamer is available on the Android Market. Just Search for Droid Streamer Pro! And of course it's Free!
    It's also available on the web, DroidStreamer.com but the web site is VERY outdated. I am going to work on that later in 2011.

We update very often with new episodes and movies. So don't worry.
    I have only attached one image of the app, and yes its very old. I going to upload a new soon!

If You like the App please Donate to me, I have working hard on this.
    Donations can be made in the App or here on xda. Just press "Donate to me" below my name.
    All the money will go to the server fees.
    Thanks!

Change Log:

V0.85b [2011-01-09]
    - No more reloading when you rotate the screen!
    - If you got a fysical keyboard, then there's no problem flipping it up and down when watching a clip!
    - What's New? has now support for scripts! YAY!

V0.85 [2010-12-16]
    - Full Screen mode (but not centered)
    - Support for Swedish Characters

V0.8.2 [2010-12-01]
    - Bug Fixes
    - Extended the Whats New? view
    - New icon

V0.8 [2010-12-01]
    - Bug fixes

V0.7 [2010-11-26]
    - First Release

attachment.php

Direct link to the Market: market://details?id=com.karlzzonz.droidstreamerpro
    Appbrain: http://www.appbrain.com/app/droid-streamer-pro/com.karlzzonz.droidstreamerpro

Rooted HTC Hero
    AOSPmod 2.2

Sweet to hear! Happy New Year!