MT3G now rooted, What now?

Search This thread

ChaoticEko

Jan 28, 2009
just wondering, now that the MyTouch 3G is rooted, what ROMS(If any) currently work, or are we going to need to wait for some compatible ones to be made?

Thanks!

I will edit with a current list of what ROMS do and don't work with the MyTouch as word comes in...

Current ROMS reported to work:
fatalitys hero rom
cyanogens
Qtek Hero (Works very very well for me.)

Last edited:

ScottC

May 6, 2005
This thread could be a good starting point for roms that have been tested on the MT3G. I think I read that one of the Cyanogen roms was installed. I'm interested in getting more HTC software on it (read; HTC Sync).

dills84

Jan 2, 2008
ive tried fatalitys hero rom, and cyanogens, and both work fine on my rooted MT3G

ChaoticEko

Jan 28, 2009
sounds like a great idea!

yeah, we MyTouch owners need to know whats next for us! If theres any good starting point for determining what current roms will work, this thread should try to help out with that.....

Now, i have a 32B board, so is it safe to say the magic 32B ROMS are fine for it? or is there enough of a difference to where it wont work?

From what I understand(which is not much, mind you) the only difference between the 32B Magics and the newer MyTouch was the SPL. With that now not an issue, shouldn't the current ROMS work, or am i wrong?

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
yeah, we MyTouch owners need to know whats next for us! If theres any good starting point for determining what current roms will work, this thread should try to help out with that.....

Now, i have a 32B board, so is it safe to say the magic 32B ROMS are fine for it? or is there enough of a difference to where it wont work?

From what I understand(which is not much, mind you) the only difference between the 32B Magics and the newer MyTouch was the SPL. With that now not an issue, shouldn't the current ROMS work, or am i wrong?

Hi,

I just flashed back the original mytouch rom for my brothers mytouch and everything is well with root access.

flamingblue8z

Jun 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
Hi,

I just flashed back the original mytouch rom for my brothers mytouch and everything is well with root access.

Where is the original myTouch ROM? i've been digging for it so i can root my phone and be able to go back if i goof it up.

Also what do you mean everything is well with root access after flashing the original myTouch ROM?? shouldn't the root go away when you reflash the OEM ROM.

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
Where is the original myTouch ROM? i've been digging for it so i can root my phone and be able to go back if i goof it up.

Also what do you mean everything is well with root access after flashing the original myTouch ROM?? shouldn't the root go away when you reflash the OEM ROM.

Here is the original link:

MyTouch Rom Thread

I'm only flashing the update.zip file and so I'm only flashing the OS part.

So the SPL, Radio, and etc stay the same.

Now I'm going to strip it down for him and see if it runs better.

Also, don't forget to wip the system befor flashing the new rom.

Last edited:

flamingblue8z

Jun 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
Cool I downloaded that one earlier. Have a friend making me a gold card to root with. Now where can I get the original SPL? I read that the ION radio is the same as the myTouch, is that right?

fivestar0234

Jul 3, 2006
Are you guys flashing back to the 32b radio before you flash 32b roms , or you going straight after getting root to flashing roms ?

Evervoid

Aug 8, 2009
Question, I just finished rooting my mytouch, I have done all the steps except for the 'daredevil' portion which reverts to the 32b I think.

From my current position what roms can I use? and if I do the 'daredevil' approch what can i use?

Thank you.

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
So just to clarify , I can flash 32a roms now on my rooted mytouch, and when I want to go to 32b roms just flash the radio and 32b Rom correct ? Thanks

Yup. That's the difference between utilizing the GiveMeRoot.zip or not. Without it 32A, with it 32B. I know you probably got that already, but if anybody else is reading I want to make sure there's no confusion. lol

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago
Cyanogen flashed properly, although the accelerometer isn't working any longer for some reason. I have no idea of the fix, but the one listed in the FAQ is not working. Other than that, it's great.

motivecc

May 24, 2008
i tried flashing fatality's hero rom after doing the "basic" 32A root and i get stuck on the vodafone splash screen... i followed all the directions to the T, so no, fatality's rom does not work for everyone... would not recommend trying just yet

flamingblue8z

Jun 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
Ugh I'm totally lost with 32a vs 32b I mean I understand the memory difference or whatever, but I just want a ROM like what JF did to the G1. The default firmware with the addition of root. Nothing taken out, nothing added in. Except the kernel patched for tethering. Any suggestions? Everything I've seen is heavily modified.

And of course I still want factory images in case of a brick.

dills84

Jan 2, 2008
i tried flashing fatality's hero rom after doing the "basic" 32A root and i get stuck on the vodafone splash screen... i followed all the directions to the T, so no, fatality's rom does not work for everyone... would not recommend trying just yet

worked for me... but it does take a LONG time to boot.

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
Yup. That's the difference between utilizing the GiveMeRoot.zip or not. Without it 32A, with it 32B. I know you probably got that already, but if anybody else is reading I want to make sure there's no confusion. lol

I would be careful running the 32a stuff on your phone. Even though you have the 32a radio and recovery your phone still has a 32B board in it. I flashed back 32b stuff, prefer not the have a brick. Just an FYI and my .02.