Screen of my HD2 broken [PHOTO] any tutorial (or videotutorial) to change it?

Search This thread

M3lloW1

Jun 28, 2010
repaired mine in a shop but the new glass is getting much easyier damage.... try to sell your broken touchscreen it brought me 35€ on ebay xD

suicidalsam

Dec 17, 2012
here is a detailed video tutorial on how to disassemble HTC HD2

youtube.com/watch?v=-GbvBXqkNYs

used this vid to change mine! :) touch digitizer cost me around $20

there are two types of touch digitizer, one needs to be soldered to the LCD flex, another plugs in. if you've got a soldered version, send it to a professional.

FYI HD2 Tmous has a plug in flex.

Bullet92

Aug 17, 2011
Dubrovnik
My digi just died. Actually it stopped working and few days after it worked for 5-10mins and then died again so I have a question for you guys here.

my number in tri color mod is 0x030 which means that I have solder type digi I guess? If I replace lcd+digi I don't have to worry which type of connection it is since I don't connect digi on board but lcd?

Can you recommend me some lcd+digi or only digi from ebay? I have EU model with 512MB RAM. If you need some additional info, I'll give it asap.

Thank you and looking forward to get some help here cause I don't want to get rid of this kingphone :)

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Have some links to parts in HD2 wiki section, if replacing lcd & digi then not important if solder or socket as they will already be a matched assembled set.
I would aim at doing the repair with digi only as it cheaper & original lcd is far better than what you get when buying complete assembly & they don't assemble with very good tape in general.
Make sure to buy the assembly tapes including the black shaped padded tapes for top & bottom of digi to chassis as without them the finish assembly will be poor.
few points in this thread may be of help ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2489363

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullet92

Bullet92

Aug 17, 2011
Dubrovnik
Thank you for quick answer. So I found just one digi which is solder type with normal price but just to ask here anyway:

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-LCD-Display-Assembly-For-HTC-HD2-T8585-Tools-/130978837400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e7ef27398

any other suggestions?

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Should be ok ...
Only suggestion is remove digitizer first before order parts as if damage LCD then you will need lcd/digi assembly.
Only other thing is take a lot of care & review images or ask questions if needed.
Many of the guides are rubbish & strip the device far more than needed, all the volume button plus cables that run down by it and 85% of the flex ribbon can stay stuck in original factory position which saves the normal hassles of damaged/poor function volume key or dead camera lens & led ... good luck ...

Reactions: Bullet92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ouch sorry to hear about this. I read somewhere about it is better to get a kit with the LCD and digitizer together. Some people seemed not to have luck trying to separate and replace and put back together. Just what I read, I have no idea.

Good luck and hope you get it going soon.
    Can't way to see the pics!
    And any advises, if there is anything to say, would be great!

dropped my phone from 50cm today, I love my HD2 but this smells like a fault in design, am I wrong?:(

Get the Digitizer with the LCD attached with it. It will save a lot more money than the labor it would to remove and replace the digitizer but itself. I've done it to 3 HD2s and from my experience its the best way to do it right.
    can anyone point me to a trustworthy ebay item please?

Edit: sorry for the way too large pic in this topic :eek:

Do you have the US version or the world version phone?
    international, thanks

For instance item number: 160484272444 on eBay would work. You might try to find some one selling on eBay close to your country. If they have good feedback, then it should be legitimate.