[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

Search This thread

jneilliii

Oct 29, 2007

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
hello, I have the ROM LucaP Black-X with sense 2.5.20121225.0 and with Windows Mobile 6.5.

I installed the cab 1.2 but MMS are not there. I have installed Your cab on all the rom I had and MMS were always there without arcsoft MMS, why not now?

Thanks!

I try to install it.

That's because a lot of chefs are now integrating MMS into the HTC Messaging Client, so once you disable this client MMS goes away along with it. To be honest I don't know how anybody can stand using the HTC Client, it lags way too much!

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Did you install the Arcsoft MMS software I had attached to that post? If so, then you should see SMS/MMS in the same category now.

Yes I did
What I did was (from a fresh rom)
1. Install zenyee's cab, soft reset
2. Install Arcsoft MMS, soft reset
3. Run connection setup
4. Send an MMS to myself
I haved tried different version of Arcsoft MMS and they all gave me the same problem, 0% sending
I've already given up and getting used to the HTC client lol

closebutwayoff

Feb 10, 2009
I applied this tweak to my touch pro 2 (cdma) with the latest energy leo rom with cookie monster and now am unable to receive texts. I've installed this tweak several times to other roms with no problem. I'm just going to go back to htc client until I figure out what I did wrong

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
Disabling HTC Messaging Client

I just found and tested an alternate solution to disable the HTC Messaging Client and use the MS Messaging Client instead!

Check this link for the original post.

Check this link for a more detailed explanation of how to go about doing this.

It might take you 10-20 minutes to go through all the steps, but it is definitely worth it. Also, make sure you uninstall Zenyee's cab first and disable Sense. However, I could not figure out how to enable the light notifications for incoming SMS. If somebody figures that out please let me know:cool:

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
Enable MS Messaging Client cab

Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static cabs)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "\Windows" folder
4) Install the attached cab that corresponds to your device (GSM or CDMA)
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts"
Rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
7) Soft Reset
8) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

Please let me know how it works for you guys!

I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information:cool:

FYI: There are 2 bugs present in this solution. 1)The manila messaging tab will not show the proper unread SMS count. 2)The LED light notification will not go off when you receive a new SMS. Now if somebody can figure out a working solution for either of these bugs then please let me know:cool:

Last edited:

djromeo

May 6, 2008
Hamilton/Toronto
Did u get the unread count to work with this method?

Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static ones)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "..\Windows" folder
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\services\MSG" in the registry
Rename the "Dll" value to ="MessagingService.dllx"
7) Go to "HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts"
Rename the key "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
8) Go to "HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCMessaging\Compose"
Rename the "ExecPathName" value to "Tmail.exe"
(make sure its "Tmail.exe" not "\Windows\Tmail.exe")
9) Soft Reset
10) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
11) Soft Reset
12) Enable Sense

I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information:cool:

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle

1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static ones)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "..\Windows" folder
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\services\MSG" in the registry
Rename the "Dll" value to ="MessagingService.dllx"
7) Go to "HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts"
Rename the key "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
8) Go to "HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCMessaging\Compose"
Rename the "ExecPathName" value to "Tmail.exe"
(make sure its "Tmail.exe" not "\Windows\Tmail.exe")
9) Soft Reset
10) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
11) Soft Reset
12) Enable Sense

Finally...this method works! Thanks so much!
Side note: there's no unread count bubble on manila slider...but there's still notification so I don't care :D

thinkblu

Apr 26, 2007
Atlanta!
Did u get the unread count to work with this method?

Finally...this method works! Thanks so much!
Side note: there's no unread count bubble on manila slider...but there's still notification so I don't care :D

Is a great step for the bubble manila only can see who is the regestry count sms.

Great work bro.

Sorry guys this solution does not fix the SMS bubble indicator; this seems to be the only downside but no biggie compared to everything else you gain as opposed to using Zenyee's cab. If somebody can figure that part out then please share! Also, does the notification light work for you guys on incoming SMS?

AlexisRoj

Jul 11, 2008
San Jose
www.ComunidadMoviles.com
Sorry guys this solution does not fix the SMS bubble indicator; this seems to be the only downside but no biggie compared to everything else you gain as opposed to using Zenyee's cab. If somebody can figure that part out then please share! Also, does the notification light work for you guys on incoming SMS?

For me is a great avance, sms count from Manlia is a registry with a pointer to SMS.htc, but is a great work and I can live without manila sms count.

Thanks bro

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle

No I dont get any notification light, I kind of miss it but I can deal with it :D

closebutwayoff

Feb 10, 2009

2) Disable Sense
5) Soft Reset
7) Soft Reset
8)[
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

nevermind I installed it to storage card instead and it worked

Last edited:

closebutwayoff

Feb 10, 2009
Great work! I like this a lot. Is there a way to make the messages open up to the bottom where the most recent text is or not? Not a big deal just curious if I'm overlooking something

QLtnpapi

Aug 20, 2007
Ok this works real good thanx alot been pulling my hairs for days triying to find a good solution to disable that garbage htc messaging client....But Is There Any way To Replace the messaging the messaging tab when pressed to take u to Microsoft messaging instead of htc's like it was done on manila 2.1????
THanks

I am currently using your fix and it really has sped things up. Just want to know if there is anyway to get this to work as "threaded"? If so, how? If not, any suggestions for other fixes?

Thanks !!

Update: Well, it just started threading..... didn't do anything. So, thanks for a great solution !!!!!!

adecadelater

Feb 23, 2010
hd 2 sms

hiya

is what you posted a solution to the sms issues in htc hd 2 ......
i am a newbie so i cant exactly fathom whats going on

please be kind enough to explain....
when win mo native sms client takes over is the problem resolved

thanks

Rain

craigdabbs

Nov 2, 2005
Bodmin

2) Disable Sense
5) Soft Reset
7) Soft Reset
8) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense

followed the instructions here and sms is working great, basically the same as manilla 2.1 which in my view is the perfect mix of windows and htc messaging, the one issue i do have is MMS, when i go to create a new mms it wont detect or show any pictures i have on my device. I have installed arcsoft and run connection setup again.

Anyone else getting this ?

deemota

Feb 28, 2006
I installed this and got back to MS messaging that is great, but it doesnt keep messages in coversation mode. Anyone else have this?