[ROM] [KERNEL] [18 May] [AOE3 Base] [G920F & G920S] StockMOD6 ~~CleanSlate~~ [v1-05]

Search This thread

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
[ROM] [KERNEL] [18 May] [AOE3 Base] [G920F & G920S] StockMOD6 ~~CleanSlate~~ [v1-05]

StockMOD6 ~CleanSlate~ for Galaxy S6

G920F

Presenting StockMOD6 CleanSlate ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F & G920S

Features
- Based on 920i AOE3 Stock ROM
- StockMOD Kernel v02d
- All Market Available (Google Play Store / Galaxy Store) bundled apps removed for true user choice
- Includes all Galaxy S6 Specific apps (Store, Svoice, Splanner, SHealth etc)
- KNOX Totally removed and disabled
- SmartManager Removed
- BusyBox
- Rooted (SuperSU)
- init.d Scripts support in /system/etc/init.d
- ODEX'd
- Build.prop Tweak
- Very clean running services - no garbage or secret Samsung SpyWare
- Hosts file for adblocking
- UK BTU Firmware based CSC
- WiFi Calling, Camera Shutter Sound Control and Camera during call CSC Tweaks

I Always build a ROM like this for myself on any device I own. I always share them even if there are other ROMs out there that are similar. Feel free to download, mirror, and share the ROM with others if you like it.

Instructions
Download the ROM and copy it to the phone storage. Reboot phone into recovery (twrp recommended) and install the ROM. During installation the /system, /cache and davlik-cache will be wiped for you so there is no need to do this manually. You do not have to do a full wipe including /data, although this *is* recommended for your first installation. Subsequent releases of this rom will fully support an existing /data partition.

First boot will take a little longer than usual, and if you have done a full wipe you will need to set the phone up following the normal OOB wizard. If, when running the OOB wizard, it indicates a problem "contacting google servers" simply hit back (lower left soft button) then next again and it will work normally.

As of v1-03, StockMOD ROM uses my custom kernel, StockMOD Kernel. Because we cannot generate signed kernel images, SE Linux has to be disabled. This will break "Private Mode". Please do not ask me to fix that, I cannot.. You can view the kernel thread here

Download

v1-05 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952606345

ChangeLog
v1-05
- Rebased to 920i AOE3 (memory leak fix)
- GPS fix
- Kernel v02d

v1-04
- Rebased to AOE3
- StockMOD Kernel v02b
- Always-On-Dim flash LED fix
- Deep Sleep fix (in kernel)

v1-03
- Rebased to AODE
- Integrated StockMOD Kernel v01a
- New Rooting method, does not require SuperSU binary Updates after each flash now
- Added fstrim init.d script to run a FSTrim command on /system / data and /cache on every boot
- More build.prop modifications

v1-02
- Added missing CSC, based on UK BTU Firmware CSC. Other regions will need manual keyboard language download (keyboard settings) and APN settings applied if not automagically detected
- Added WiFi Calling, Shutter Sound Control , Camera during call CSC Tweaks

v1-01
- Bit more of a cleanup
- Reworked build.prop tweaks for more speed and smoothness

v1-00
- Initial Release

Info for other Devs
Feel free to disassemble and use any part of my rom you wish. However, please remember to give due credit to others if you include any components of their work.

If you like the structure of my flashable .zips please feel free to copy, alter and implement it in your own releases. I find it gives the rom a much more modular feel when building and testing, and opens up more options for special inclusions without modifying the base files itself.

Sources
You can find the GitHub link to my kernel sources here >>> https://github.com/glewarne/Galaxy_S6_920F_Kernel

Credits
- @Chainfire (SuperSU and installation script elements)
- BusyBox
- @edgarf28 (scripting support)
- @_alexndr (installation script elements)
- @BSDGeekJake (hosts file)
- @wanam (installation script elements)

Last edited:

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
Hi thanks for the new rom, Can you give a guide in your thread for rooting and flashing twrp for people like me that are a bit hesitant as i can't find any real clear instructions my self. Just so you know I am used to flashing my Tab S using Odin 10.6

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Hi thanks for the new rom, Can you give a guide in your thread for rooting and flashing twrp for people like me that are a bit hesitant as i can't find any real clear instructions my self. Just so you know I am used to flashing my Tab S using Odin 10.6

ill see what i can do, wont be quick though, its kinda complex

Reactions: maxal
ill see what i can do, wont be quick though, its kinda complex

Hi!
Can you help me with something?
I see you completely removed smart manager.
May I ask how?
Because I froze the smartmanager apk with titanium but now I see some drain in gsam with smartmanager framework thread and smartmanager framework message.
Is there something still active in the background while only freezing the apk?

Huge thanks in advance!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

StockMOD6 ~CleanSlate~ for Galaxy S6

G920F

Presenting StockMOD6 CleanSlate ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F & G920S

Features
    - Based on 920i AOE3 Stock ROM
    - StockMOD Kernel v02d
    - All Market Available (Google Play Store / Galaxy Store) bundled apps removed for true user choice
    - Includes all Galaxy S6 Specific apps (Store, Svoice, Splanner, SHealth etc)
    - KNOX Totally removed and disabled
    - SmartManager Removed
    - BusyBox
    - Rooted (SuperSU)
    - init.d Scripts support in /system/etc/init.d
    - ODEX'd
    - Build.prop Tweak
    - Very clean running services - no garbage or secret Samsung SpyWare
    - Hosts file for adblocking
    - UK BTU Firmware based CSC
    - WiFi Calling, Camera Shutter Sound Control and Camera during call CSC Tweaks

I Always build a ROM like this for myself on any device I own. I always share them even if there are other ROMs out there that are similar. Feel free to download, mirror, and share the ROM with others if you like it.

Instructions
    Download the ROM and copy it to the phone storage. Reboot phone into recovery (twrp recommended) and install the ROM. During installation the /system, /cache and davlik-cache will be wiped for you so there is no need to do this manually. You do not have to do a full wipe including /data, although this *is* recommended for your first installation. Subsequent releases of this rom will fully support an existing /data partition.

First boot will take a little longer than usual, and if you have done a full wipe you will need to set the phone up following the normal OOB wizard. If, when running the OOB wizard, it indicates a problem "contacting google servers" simply hit back (lower left soft button) then next again and it will work normally.

As of v1-03, StockMOD ROM uses my custom kernel, StockMOD Kernel. Because we cannot generate signed kernel images, SE Linux has to be disabled. This will break "Private Mode". Please do not ask me to fix that, I cannot.. You can view the kernel thread here

Download

v1-05 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952606345

ChangeLog
    v1-05
    - Rebased to 920i AOE3 (memory leak fix)
    - GPS fix
    - Kernel v02d

v1-04
    - Rebased to AOE3
    - StockMOD Kernel v02b
    - Always-On-Dim flash LED fix
    - Deep Sleep fix (in kernel)

v1-03
    - Rebased to AODE
    - Integrated StockMOD Kernel v01a
    - New Rooting method, does not require SuperSU binary Updates after each flash now
    - Added fstrim init.d script to run a FSTrim command on /system / data and /cache on every boot
    - More build.prop modifications

v1-02
    - Added missing CSC, based on UK BTU Firmware CSC. Other regions will need manual keyboard language download (keyboard settings) and APN settings applied if not automagically detected
    - Added WiFi Calling, Shutter Sound Control , Camera during call CSC Tweaks

v1-01
    - Bit more of a cleanup
    - Reworked build.prop tweaks for more speed and smoothness

v1-00
    - Initial Release

Info for other Devs
    Feel free to disassemble and use any part of my rom you wish. However, please remember to give due credit to others if you include any components of their work.

If you like the structure of my flashable .zips please feel free to copy, alter and implement it in your own releases. I find it gives the rom a much more modular feel when building and testing, and opens up more options for special inclusions without modifying the base files itself.

Sources
    You can find the GitHub link to my kernel sources here >>> https://github.com/glewarne/Galaxy_S6_920F_Kernel

Credits
    - @Chainfire (SuperSU and installation script elements)
    - BusyBox
    - @edgarf28 (scripting support)
    - @_alexndr (installation script elements)
    - @BSDGeekJake (hosts file)
    - @wanam (installation script elements)

v1-05 online !
    @g.lewarne, were you able to compare the difference between the 920F and 920T or 920W8 firmwares yet?

not yet, another side project took up my time today.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

I have now successfully compiled my own Kernel, flashed it, and successfully booted. Currently testing obvious things out, then will get down to the nitty gritty.

Give me a few days to setup my GIT repository for it and start making some builds, and I hope to release StockMOD6 v1.03 (based on AODE) AND my own kernel simultaneously around Tuesdayish :good:

**IMPORTANT**
    After flashing StockMOD v1-04 pleaase flash kernel v02c from here to fix a serious charging bug: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952603061
    v1-04 released (AOE3 base)

changelog in OP, as always