[Q] Youtube videos in browser maximized black screen bug in 4.4.4, not in 4.3

Search This thread

KubaFKubaF

Aug 18, 2014
I have i9305. On all the custom Android 4.4.4 ROMs i tried i cannot play YouTube videos in browsers properly. The sound works, but graphics are bugged:

In Android browser:
Playing the video shows it as black screen with the Youtube text copied in the middle (see attached screenshot). Maximizing results in black screen, but which shows a video frame when phone orientation changes or screnshot is taken.
Navigating away from the video results in browser crash.

In Chrome:
Playing the video works nicely even with graphics, but maximizing again shows black screen, also briefly working on screen update (phone rotated etc).
Navigating away again results in browser crash.

Youtube app works fine, but i am afraid the bug might show for another site / game. I didnt install any Flash manually, so i think the problem is with HTML 5 support. When i reverted to 4.2.2 or used stock samsung 4.3 everything worked as it should.

So is it a problem with i9305 only or with Android 4.4.4? Or should i flash a new kernel or something? Thanks for info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-19-20-30-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-19-20-30-26.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

jumbayyy

Dec 23, 2014
I do have the same issue on my GT I9300. I even tried a Lollipop ROM but the issue is still there. If anyone knows where is it come from :)

Darke5tShad0w

Nov 18, 2013
TheXboxCast
I have i9305. On all the custom Android 4.4.4 ROMs i tried i cannot play YouTube videos in browsers properly. The sound works, but graphics are bugged:

In Android browser:
Playing the video shows it as black screen with the Youtube text copied in the middle (see attached screenshot). Maximizing results in black screen, but which shows a video frame when phone orientation changes or screnshot is taken.
Navigating away from the video results in browser crash.

In Chrome:
Playing the video works nicely even with graphics, but maximizing again shows black screen, also briefly working on screen update (phone rotated etc).
Navigating away again results in browser crash.

Youtube app works fine, but i am afraid the bug might show for another site / game. I didnt install any Flash manually, so i think the problem is with HTML 5 support. When i reverted to 4.2.2 or used stock samsung 4.3 everything worked as it should.

So is it a problem with i9305 only or with Android 4.4.4? Or should i flash a new kernel or something? Thanks for info.

It seems to be an asop error. Get a mod to move this to the 9305 area for more help with your model.

modriorel

Nov 3, 2010
Have you solved the problem?

Hi, have you solved this problem? Please share solution if you did.
Thanx