Universal Raindrop Fix

Search This thread

Notorious544d

Aug 18, 2011
London
We all know that the Atrix has a very annoying problem, where the multitouch will randomly 'mess up' after 15 seconds. This was implemented to stop raindrops from selecting random stuff when it was raining. It was a driver used in the Motorola Defy as it was waterproof and was ported over to the Atrix. However, as the Atrix wasn't waterproof, it created annoying problems, especially when gaming.

Here's a video of the problem:
Link.

You can try it yourself, it's very annoying.

But there's finally a fix!

Huge thanks to nok07635 who came up with the tweak!

Simply flash the attached .zip from recovery and voila!

The .zip should work with any ROM's, but hasn't been tested on all ROM's. It works on Neutrino as it's been tested, but I don't see why it shouldn't work on other Blur based ROM's as well.

Enjoy! :)

Notorious544d

Aug 18, 2011
London
I'm sorry, but doesn't seem clear if this is OK for CM7 or if it is just Blur ROMS universal

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
It should work on ANY ROM, CM7 or Blur. In OP, I just mentioned that it hasn't been tested for Blur ROM's yet, but I would be genuinely surprised if it didn't work.

Both CM7 and Blur ROM's have the same 'touchpad' files, so it should work for both.

Werbs

Apr 25, 2011
i flashed this on neutrino 2.1p and my phone doesnt boot past the boot animation. what do.

Devnant

Dec 14, 2008
Worked perfectly! Thank you very much! Feels like I have a completely new phone that is awesome for gaming now! Thank God for XDA devs because Motorolla devs are dumb and clueless!

s_spiff

Apr 20, 2011
I've been rebooting like million times thinking it's about issue with my specific device since I installed weekly 5! Thanks a ton mate.

slipperyfloor

Jan 26, 2012
thank you very much for this:D i've been looking for a fix for a long time, since most games aren't playable due to this 'feature'.

Glad to see developers actively solving problems instead of just applying themes.

xateeq

Oct 19, 2010
Working perfect on CM7.1 weekly#4 faux123 1.0Ghz and i LOVE u (no homo).

Take that u Motorola ****ty developers.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know that the Atrix has a very annoying problem, where the multitouch will randomly 'mess up' after 15 seconds. This was implemented to stop raindrops from selecting random stuff when it was raining. It was a driver used in the Motorola Defy as it was waterproof and was ported over to the Atrix. However, as the Atrix wasn't waterproof, it created annoying problems, especially when gaming.

Here's a video of the problem:
    Link.

You can try it yourself, it's very annoying.

But there's finally a fix!

Huge thanks to nok07635 who came up with the tweak!

Simply flash the attached .zip from recovery and voila!

The .zip should work with any ROM's, but hasn't been tested on all ROM's. It works on Neutrino as it's been tested, but I don't see why it shouldn't work on other Blur based ROM's as well.

Enjoy! :)
    I'm sorry, but doesn't seem clear if this is OK for CM7 or if it is just Blur ROMS universal

It should work on ANY ROM, CM7 or Blur. In OP, I just mentioned that it hasn't been tested for Blur ROM's yet, but I would be genuinely surprised if it didn't work.

Both CM7 and Blur ROM's have the same 'touchpad' files, so it should work for both.
    This is in MROM.

Does MROM CM7 include this? [...]

Yes it does, for anyone else wondering this (as I was; I just checked in my 20130330 version). FWIW, all the /system/etc/touchpad/2{1,2,3}/touchpad.cfg files have:
    TCHAUTOCAL=0
    NUMTOUCH=5
    in MROM. (and yay I finally have a non-dev forum post to give a useful reply; 9 to go...)
    Why isn't this in the development section? instead of being buried in the general section
    This thread should be stickied

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium