[Tip] Removing Chinese Characters from the Messages and Phone apps

Search This thread

yohannrjm

Sep 30, 2011
Some people have complained about Chinese characters showing up in the Messages and Phone apps when a contact is selected. This post tells you how to remove those characters.

-----------

The problem stems from the Contact Manager. You'll need to change the settings from there.

1) Make sure you're running ContactManager V2.4.321+. If not, you can update it by opening the Contacts app and then going to Settings - About and hitting Upgrade.

2) Now go to 'More features and settings' from the menu button. Select 'Location', then deselect 'Show operator information' and 'Display number's location'.

Your contacts should now show up without any Chinese characters.

rakib.kanak

Sep 20, 2016
I am not getting 'More features and settings' in my Lenovo K5 Note ? Any idea ? My Contact Manger version is 5+..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people have complained about Chinese characters showing up in the Messages and Phone apps when a contact is selected. This post tells you how to remove those characters.

-----------

The problem stems from the Contact Manager. You'll need to change the settings from there.

1) Make sure you're running ContactManager V2.4.321+. If not, you can update it by opening the Contacts app and then going to Settings - About and hitting Upgrade.

2) Now go to 'More features and settings' from the menu button. Select 'Location', then deselect 'Show operator information' and 'Display number's location'.

Your contacts should now show up without any Chinese characters.