I might get a OPO from a friend soon, so I need your info on some OPO aspects, please

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
I am currently in talks with a friend from another country to sell to me his 64GB black OnePlus One! *cheering with excitement*

Given this is a very new device, there are very few reports (/reviews) out there, not to mention in-depth (like real in-depth) reviews. So... what is there to be done? Ask current owners of the OPO, of course!

I got a few questions for you guys. Which... please, I would love if you could answer!

1) What phone did you get? The 16GB white variant or the 64GB black one? And... did you get a retail box? If yes, what was inside it? If no... well... :(

2) How are the buttons? Compared to those of the HTC One M7 (which are quite flat, but still not that hard to press) or those of the Nexus 5 (which are awesome) or the Galaxy Note 1-2-3 / Galaxy S4...? Do they protude out? Are they 'feedbacky'?

3) How is the in-call volume? Some people (some, because most of them seem to miss this out entirely) claim the in-call volume is really low... both on the earpiece and the speakers.

4) How are the speakers performing? In terms of loudness and clarity, of course, when compared to something like the Galaxy S / Note phones or any other phone you are / was comparing it to?

5) The camera lens... is it sunk in a bit, so it won't scratch when placed on a table? Or the camera lens is flushed to the back and easily prone to scratches?

6) Have you noticed any screen input lag? Some people have said the touchscreen is not as responsive as, say, the Nexus 5.

If you can provide answers... well, thank you very much, in advance!!

Last edited:

srps

Sep 24, 2013
I am currently in talks with a friend from another country to sell to me his 64GB black OnePlus One! *cheering with excitement*

Given this is a very new device, there are very few reports (/reviews) out there, not to mention in-depth (like real in-depth) reviews. So... what is there to be done? Ask current owners of the OPO, of course!

I got a few questions for you guys. Which... please, I would love if you could answer!

1) What phone did you get? The 16GB white variant or the 64GB black one? And... did you get a retail box? If yes, what was inside it? If no... well... :(

2) How are the buttons? Compared to those of the HTC One M7 (which are quite flat, but still not that hard to press) or those of the Nexus 5 (which are awesome) or the Galaxy Note 1-2-3 / Galaxy S4...? Do they protude out? Are they 'feedbacky'?

3) How is the in-call volume? Some people (some, because most of them seem to miss this out entirely) claim the in-call volume is really low... both on the earpiece and the speakers.

4) How are the speakers performing? In terms of loudness and clarity, of course, when compared to something like the Galaxy S / Note phones or any other phone you are / was comparing it to?

5) The camera lens... is it sunk in a bit, so it won't scratch when placed on a table? Or the camera lens is flushed to the back and easily prone to scratches?

6) Have you noticed any screen input lag? Some people have said the touchscreen is not as responsive as, say, the Nexus 5.

I don't have the OnePlus One, but if you're thinking of getting one from China there's something you need to consider:

1. No support outside China, including warranty
  2. I'm pretty sure radio bands are different than rest of the world, so carrier compatibility is probably hindered, especially on 3G and LTE

Reactions: Formhault

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
srps, there is support and warranty outside of China. Each place that is on the country list (16 atm) will have full warranties, as well as support.
The OP didn't say where he/she was getting the phone from. The bands that are supported are listed on the site. I would hope that the OP does their research and knows what they're getting.

Answer to 1: The people that got their phone as one of the first 100 did not get retail boxes. None of them. They're getting accessories sent to them later this month.

2: Buttons are pretty low, but they click when you press them. You'll know if you hit it or not. They stick out more than the M7, but not by much.

3: I didn't make any calls, so I can't answer this question.

4: Speakers are loud. There's two speakers on the bottom that are fairly loud (for phone speakers). I tested various sounds and music on them.

5: The camera piece rests flat on a table. The lens is sunk in just a little bit to protect it from harm. You won't scratch it by laying it down.

6: Input always seemed smooth. Never noticed any input delay.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
srps, there is support and warranty outside of China. Each place that is on the country list (16 atm) will have full warranties, as well as support.
The OP didn't say where he/she was getting the phone from. The bands that are supported are listed on the site. I would hope that the OP does their research and knows what they're getting.

Well... all I know is that it's a 64GB one. I have no idea if it comes from China or not. If it's from China, chances are it's not gonna work in Romania, heh? The guy is from Germany, by the way.

Answer to 1: The people that got their phone as one of the first 100 did not get retail boxes. None of them. They're getting accessories sent to them later this month.

So... those guys are gonna get the accessories sent to them, but not the box? Just the accessories?

2: Buttons are pretty low, but they click when you press them. You'll know if you hit it or not. They stick out more than the M7, but not by much.

4: Speakers are loud. There's two speakers on the bottom that are fairly loud (for phone speakers). I tested various sounds and music on them.

5: The camera piece rests flat on a table. The lens is sunk in just a little bit to protect it from harm. You won't scratch it by laying it down.

2: As I thought! Not as good as the Nexus 5, but better than the M7. Good! Thanks!

3: Anyway, I talked to supercurio on Twitter and he confirmed that low in-call volume is a software bug.

4, 5, 6: Thanks for setting my fears aside! :D

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Well... all I know is that it's a 64GB one. I have no idea if it comes from China or not. If it's from China, chances are it's not gonna work in Romania, heh? The guy is from Germany, by the way.

So... those guys are gonna get the accessories sent to them, but not the box? Just the accessories?

2: As I thought! Not as good as the Nexus 5, but better than the M7. Good! Thanks!

3: Anyway, I talked to supercurio on Twitter and he confirmed that low in-call volume is a software bug.

4, 5, 6: Thanks for setting my fears aside! :D

There are no 64GB versions out yet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
There are no 64GB versions out yet.

I know. That was my suspicion, too. But he managed to get it from sources which shall not be named (source source hint hint who does OPO work with). Don't have any info wether he has the accessories and the (just announced?) box, but regardless, for the price, it is worth it.

I have an S4 right now. If I am to sell it, I am lucky to get half of what I paid for it 8 months ago. On top of that, add ~$100 and I get that OPO. Good deal, heh?

Alternatives:
-sell the S4 and add ~$150 or even more for a HTC One M8 or similar
-wait for OnePlus to expand the country list they ship to and include mine (never?)
:(

Last edited:

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I know. That was my suspicion, too. But he managed to get it from sources which shall not be named (source source hint hint who does OPO work with). Don't have any info wether he has the accessories and the (just announced?) box, but regardless, for the price, it is worth it.

I have an S4 right now. If I am to sell it, I am lucky to get half of what I paid for it 8 months ago. On top of that, add ~$100 and I get that OPO. Good deal, heh?

Alternatives:
-wait for OnePlus to expand the country list they ship to and include mine (never?)

I would ask to see a picture of it showing the storage capacity. When push comes to shove I'd bet he can't provide one.

The 64GB is not available yet. None of the reviews you find on the net are 64gb their all 16gb.

Reactions: Formhault

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
I would ask to see a picture of it showing the storage capacity. When push comes to shove I'd bet he can't provide one.

The 64GB is not available yet. None of the reviews you find on the net are 64gb their all 16gb.

As I said, he has it from the very source, so to say. So chances are it doesn't have to be available publicly for the insiders to have it. Of course I will ask for pictures.

srps

Sep 24, 2013

There is support outside of China for non-Chinese SKUs. If you buy a Chinese one then you're stuck with China for support, and the bands are different.

I have no idea what version is that guy advertising, I just wanted to point that out so the OP is informed about the differences between Chinese and non-Chinese versions.

No one has publicly bought or given a 64GB international version yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't have the OnePlus One, but if you're thinking of getting one from China there's something you need to consider:

1. No support outside China, including warranty
    2. I'm pretty sure radio bands are different than rest of the world, so carrier compatibility is probably hindered, especially on 3G and LTE

Alternatives: