[ROM] [20/08] Pre-rooted Stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) [Optional Mods]

Search This thread

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
For those familiar with my pre-rooted stock Froyo ROM, this is the first release of HTC's official HTC Desire Gingerbread ROM. As before, the base ROM is entirely stock, but with the following minimal changes:

• Added root (including busybox)
  • Superuser App - 2.3.6.3 (ChainsDD)
  • init.d support

This ROM requires a full wipe to install. There is no option here - the ROM will automatically wipe your phone's storage (excluding the sdcard). Therefore it's highly recommended to do a back up before installing.

The ROM does not include the radio, but you should install this at the same time you install the ROM, if you don't have this version already. The radio supplied with HTC's release is 5.17.05.23 and this is provided below.

3.14.405.1 INIT.D ROM

Download 3.14.405.1 Stock ROM (1.0-test)
md5: de99e70682971b183ed65abc6e2fc62d

Download 5.17.05.23 Radio
md5: 738a94c891a6a10082c8bf9f5c4884ba

OPTIONS

Below are some mods to this ROM (more will follow). They are purely optional, and of course take you further away from the stock ROM. Remember that all of these mods are designed to work with this ROM specifically, and not others.

UPDATE APPS (1.0) - updated || 03/08

This will update your system Google apps to the latest market versions: Maps 5.8.0, Gmail 2.3.5.

POWERSAVING MODULES - updated || 10/08

This reduces your battery usage by slightly undervolting, and by forcing the CPU down to 245MHz when the screen is off (it will also fall to 245MHz when idle). Additionally, when battery capacity falls below 30%, the maximum speed will be 800MHz, less than 20% it will be 700MHz and less than 10% it will be limited to 380MHz. When your phone is connected to a charger, it will boost performance a bit when the screen is on, and the speed will not be limited.

A2SD (1.0) - updated || 05/08

With this mod your apps will be saved to the sdcard instead of internal storage. Gingerbread includes enhanced support for moving apps to your sdcard, but not all can be moved, and so this isn't sufficient for everybody. If you need more space, this will help. For this to work you need your sdcard formatted with two partitions, the first a regular FAT partition for general use, the second an ext2/ext3 partition exclusively for A2SD. If you install the mod without a second partition A2SD will not be activated, but it will automatically start up if you create the partition later on your next boot.

MINOR TWEAKS & EXT4 (2.0) - updated || 20/08

This mod will install the default boot animation to the data area, where you can replace it with a custom one if you want to. It also allows hosts modification (you can use the AdFree Android app - do not use the symlink option in it). You will need to re-apply this mod if you do a full wipe. 2.0: Add ext4 support.

REMOVE BOOTSOUND (1.0) - updated || 04/08

Disables the sound on boot up.

INSTALLATION

Your phone must be rooted with custom recovery to install this ROM. There are plenty of guides on how to do this simple procedure. The recommended steps for installation are as follows:

Back up your contacts, apps and text messages to your sdcard; reboot the phone into custom recovery; perform a full backup in recovery; install the radio (select 'install zip from sdcard'); install the ROM; reboot.

After you update the radio the phone will reboot a couple of times, this is normal. The first regular boot may take a little longer than usual.

Attachments

• update_gb_apps-1-signed.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 7,649
  • remove_bootsound-gb-1-signed.zip
    158.7 KB · Views: 5,016
  • add_a2sd-gb-1-signed.zip
    160.4 KB · Views: 9,387
  • powersaving-modules-gb-g3f43272-signed.zip
    174.3 KB · Views: 5,911
  • tweaks-gb-2-signed.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,747
Last edited:

teppic74

Aug 5, 2010
London
FAQ

Q. I have installed the official HTC developer Gingerbread update. Can I install this?
A. The preview of the new version of Alpharev (Revolutionary) should be able to help you with this.

Q. Do I need to install this radio?
A. No, but it's highly recommended.

Q. Does this support 720p?
A. Yes. It supports everything that the official ROM supports.

Q. My wifi disconnects occasionally - I had no problem in froyo.
A. This is a problem with the official ROM. It cuts the wifi connection if the signal falls low and switches to your data connection. There will be an optional mod to revert this soon.

Q. Can I use this with Alpharev?
A. Yes. But your system partition must be 250mb.

Last edited:

j5m

Jul 12, 2010
Hi Teppic,

I'm still using your froyo rom. Thank you very much, runs very smoothly. I didn't use the a2sd+ you included there but i need more room now.
How much space is left to install apps after installing this rom?
Will you include a powersaving modpack?

If you add some form of apps to sd will you give us the option of keeping dalvik cache on the internal memory? (If I have read correctly, this gives least lag)

Last edited:

teppic74

Aug 5, 2010
London
Hi Teppic,

I'm still using your froyo rom. Thank you very much, runs very smoothly. I didn't use the a2sd+ you included there but i need more room now.
How much space is left to install apps after installing this rom?
Will you include a powersaving modpack?

If you add some form of apps to sd will you give us the option of keeping dalvik cache on the internal memory? (If I have read correctly, this gives least lag)

I think there's about 120mb free on a clean installation. Remember that in Gingerbread the official apps to sd function is better than in Froyo, and might be enough.

I need to spend more time to get other mods sorted out, but I thought it would be best to get the base rom out immediately.

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Thanks for this release!
Only reason I'm on Sense is due to the lack of an aosp rom supporting 720p recording on the Desire, and this makes it nice knowing I don't have to get locked in with the new hboot etc.

Thanks!

kuljit55

Feb 11, 2008
i heard this rom just for development testing and not every day use, what thing are laggy/buggy in this rom thanks. i heard battery is terrible...

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
Cool & thanks! I'm also still on your Froyo A2SD... (in spite of being tempted many times by the earlier sense GB ports... I want something stable and stock-like)

I made a few home-made mods on your Froyo (install a few more apps to system, like the brilliant widgetsoid).

Anyway, as soon as your A2SD GB out, I'll try it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
i heard this rom just for development testing and not every day use, what thing are laggy/buggy in this rom thanks. i heard battery is terrible...

I've been reading a lot about the HTC release. There's nothing wrong with the HTC ROM... (Other than being unrootable and irreversible). If you want to discuss the HTC ROM though, there are other threads about it.

Let's stick to teppic74's custom work here.

Reactions: xpankaj

kuljit55

Feb 11, 2008
I've been reading a lot about the HTC release. There's nothing wrong with the HTC ROM... (Other than being unrootable and irreversible). If you want to discuss the HTC ROM though, there are other threads about it.

Let's stick to teppic74's custom work here.

so if i flash with this CFW can i can not root or revers even though this has been pre rooted?

fred_be9300

Mar 12, 2011
so if i flash with this CFW can i can not root or revers even though this has been pre rooted?
Sorry, to clarify: it's the original GingerBread Sense ROM from HTC that, if installed using the HTC release (RUU), will be unrootable and irreversible (at the moment - with all current tools).

All custom ROMs derived from it, are pre-rooted and reversible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those familiar with my pre-rooted stock Froyo ROM, this is the first release of HTC's official HTC Desire Gingerbread ROM. As before, the base ROM is entirely stock, but with the following minimal changes:

• Added root (including busybox)
    • Superuser App - 2.3.6.3 (ChainsDD)
    • init.d support

This ROM requires a full wipe to install. There is no option here - the ROM will automatically wipe your phone's storage (excluding the sdcard). Therefore it's highly recommended to do a back up before installing.

The ROM does not include the radio, but you should install this at the same time you install the ROM, if you don't have this version already. The radio supplied with HTC's release is 5.17.05.23 and this is provided below.

3.14.405.1 INIT.D ROM

Download 3.14.405.1 Stock ROM (1.0-test)
    md5: de99e70682971b183ed65abc6e2fc62d

Download 5.17.05.23 Radio
    md5: 738a94c891a6a10082c8bf9f5c4884ba

OPTIONS

Below are some mods to this ROM (more will follow). They are purely optional, and of course take you further away from the stock ROM. Remember that all of these mods are designed to work with this ROM specifically, and not others.

UPDATE APPS (1.0) - updated || 03/08

This will update your system Google apps to the latest market versions: Maps 5.8.0, Gmail 2.3.5.

POWERSAVING MODULES - updated || 10/08

This reduces your battery usage by slightly undervolting, and by forcing the CPU down to 245MHz when the screen is off (it will also fall to 245MHz when idle). Additionally, when battery capacity falls below 30%, the maximum speed will be 800MHz, less than 20% it will be 700MHz and less than 10% it will be limited to 380MHz. When your phone is connected to a charger, it will boost performance a bit when the screen is on, and the speed will not be limited.

A2SD (1.0) - updated || 05/08

With this mod your apps will be saved to the sdcard instead of internal storage. Gingerbread includes enhanced support for moving apps to your sdcard, but not all can be moved, and so this isn't sufficient for everybody. If you need more space, this will help. For this to work you need your sdcard formatted with two partitions, the first a regular FAT partition for general use, the second an ext2/ext3 partition exclusively for A2SD. If you install the mod without a second partition A2SD will not be activated, but it will automatically start up if you create the partition later on your next boot.

MINOR TWEAKS & EXT4 (2.0) - updated || 20/08

This mod will install the default boot animation to the data area, where you can replace it with a custom one if you want to. It also allows hosts modification (you can use the AdFree Android app - do not use the symlink option in it). You will need to re-apply this mod if you do a full wipe. 2.0: Add ext4 support.

REMOVE BOOTSOUND (1.0) - updated || 04/08

Disables the sound on boot up.

INSTALLATION

Your phone must be rooted with custom recovery to install this ROM. There are plenty of guides on how to do this simple procedure. The recommended steps for installation are as follows:

Back up your contacts, apps and text messages to your sdcard; reboot the phone into custom recovery; perform a full backup in recovery; install the radio (select 'install zip from sdcard'); install the ROM; reboot.

After you update the radio the phone will reboot a couple of times, this is normal. The first regular boot may take a little longer than usual.
    Mirrors

Hi there,

sorry for the late answer, but just didn't come to this thread for a while ;)

I had the file on disk and reuploaded it to my mirrors. These are different servers, even the name looks similar.

Mirror-Status: UP!

Mirror: http://files.bestblog.de/desire/3.14.405.1-signed.zip
    Mirror: http://ftp.bestblog.de/Desire/rooted/3.14.405.1-signed.zip
    MD5SUM: de99e70682971b183ed65abc6e2fc62d (1st Post)

Hope this helps some of you out for a while :)

Regards,

FatzzCat
    ext4 support now added - part of the tweaks module.