Bug Report (Zip's ROM)

Search This thread

cybereric518

May 12, 2011
Denver, CO
Hello All,

I'm really not sure if this a bug or setting adjustment. When the phone goes in the sleep mode, it will not wake at all and I have to pull the battery. This happens intermittently and there is not one app that it does it the most. I have Zip's 4.03 on my phone, but it has been doing it with all the Zip ROMs. I've searched dev forum and I can't seem to find anything, so it's probably something with my phone. I tried to make adjustments the performance settings with both the built in set cpu and the setcpu from the market and it still happens.

On this last update, I formatted data and dalvik cache and flashed the ROM in CWM and the aroma installer came up with no problems.

Again... love the ROM and don't kill the posting Newb. Just trying to help out.

Thanks
Eric

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
Hello All,

I'm really not sure if this a bug or setting adjustment. When the phone goes in the sleep mode, it will not wake at all and I have to pull the battery. This happens intermittently and there is not one app that it does it the most. I have Zip's 4.03 on my phone, but it has been doing it with all the Zip ROMs. I've searched dev forum and I can't seem to find anything, so it's probably something with my phone. I tried to make adjustments the performance settings with both the built in set cpu and the setcpu from the market and it still happens.

On this last update, I formatted data and dalvik cache and flashed the ROM in CWM and the aroma installer came up with no problems.

Again... love the ROM and don't kill the posting Newb. Just trying to help out.

Thanks
Eric

Im running the same as you and i haven't had a single reboot or it not waking up at all. Try this kernel and see if it makes a difference for you. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24214386&postcount=3

cybereric518

May 12, 2011
Denver, CO
Shot of awesomeness v2-zip edition

ok...I followed all of the instructions and flashed the zip. I set the cpu at 1228/230. What is the best CPU settings with this kernel?

cybereric518

May 12, 2011
Denver, CO
Another lock up

Hey em2drvr03,

I had another sleep lock up today. This time I noted what was going on with the phone when it happen for feedback. I was playing a radio station in the iheart radio app. My phone was in sleep for about 20 minutes when I tried to wake it. Even though I could not wake it, it was still playing the radio station with brief skips. My wifi was off and I was streaming on my 4G. My phone is responding better...it would sleep lock up more often on the old kernel.

Eric

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
Hey em2drvr03,

I had another sleep lock up today. This time I noted what was going on with the phone when it happen for feedback. I was playing a radio station in the iheart radio app. My phone was in sleep for about 20 minutes when I tried to wake it. Even though I could not wake it, it was still playing the radio station with brief skips. My wifi was off and I was streaming on my 4G. My phone is responding better...it would sleep lock up more often on the old kernel.

Eric

To be honest i have never had any of those problems...i've been running zips 4.03 since it was released and no problems. I wish i knew what to tell you. :(

cybereric518

May 12, 2011
Denver, CO
It's all good

It's fine. It's happening far less with the kernel update. Someone else mentioned it in Zip's Dev forum. They called it the "Sleep of death", so at least I'm not crazy...lol.