[EMU] Sega CD

Is Sega CD support worth it

• Total voters
Search This thread

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
retroarch has two genesis emus. one has 32x support. worked great for me with darxide

OMG never noticed it had a picodrive port thanks.

Works perfectly on my Xperia Z -

6a6una7e.jpg

Yay :)

CTU_Loscombe

Apr 4, 2010
Sunderland
Hopefully md.emu gets 32x support as Retroarch makes Knuckles Chaotix sound jitter quite a bit

Other than that, it's awesome having KC on my phone finally. Just with the sound off lol

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Reactions: ozzmanj1
Hopefully md.emu gets 32x support as Retroarch makes Knuckles Chaotix sound jitter quite a bit

Other than that, it's awesome having KC on my phone finally. Just with the sound off lol

I had no idea that RetroArch supported 32x.... wonder if I should inform the Dev of the .Emu series to this... perhaps him and the dev for RetroArch can combine their efforts.

It uses the Picodrive core as the 32x emulator. Doesn't run bad but some games are slow. Space Harrier suffers because of it

Good to know. Any ideas how to set this Retro Arch up? Its no longer in the market....

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

It uses the Picodrive core as the 32x emulator. Doesn't run bad but some games are slow. Space Harrier suffers because of it

From this link:

http://libretro.com/libretro/retroarch-0-9-9-7-upcoming-progress.html

"RetroArch 0.9.9.7
Another new version is upcoming. No, this is not yet the new release with the Nintendo 64 core. No, that won’t be bundled until RetroArch 1.0. In the meantime, there will be a lot more incremental point updates until we arrive at that stage. But there will still be plenty of good stuff in this new release, such as:
Dinothawr included (for PC/Android/iOS for now) – see below
VBA Next – big performance improvements (see below)
VBA-M libretro port (see below)
Picodrive updates – improved 32X emulation (see below)
Initial per-core config support for Android
And more…

Picodrive updates
Picodrive has received numerous improvements to its 32X emulation code since it was first launched earlier sometime ago on iOS/Android. Lasers should now show up in Star Wars Arcade on ARM-based systems, games like Metal Head should now work, and more besides."

EDIT - Also saw this on the link above XPERIA PLAY Notes on next update...awesome.!!

Gifts
Thankfully, gifts are still coming in. For instance, an Xperia Play has arrived – so I can finally develop for this thing. I have found that the thing can be made to run quite well – at least on-par with a Gamecube/Pandora 1GHz model. You just need to set refresh rate to 59.19Hz, disable threaded video, and (most importantly) set audio latency to 128ms. With these settings, you should be able to play most cores at fullspeed except for SNES9x Next/SNES9x and other more demanding cores like VBA Next.
The RetroArch Android port has received some Xperia Play-specific additions – for instance, it now autoconfigures these settings at startup when running RetroArch Android for the first time on the device. There are still some input problems to do with touching certain regions of the gamepad – which for some reason will trigger AKEYCODE_BACK. I think I can overcome these issues by writing a custom Native Activity implementation explicitly for Xperia Play and then just preventing AKEYCODE_BACK from exiting the application altogether.

Last edited:

itsmecglenn

Feb 2, 2014
Noob

Cant find the sega cd noob ? page
I have tried everything read and read of how to get the sega cd going have all 3 bios set every time I try and load a rom it loads to about 90% then closes retroarch any help plz thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is Robert, the developer of the various *.emu and Snes9x EX apps. Sorry for jumping in this thread a bit late but I'll go through a couple questions you guys had.

I've also one question: I don't know when it's arrived but I can't load any states in .ss0 .ss1.... I've tried to rename her but still no result. Can I convert her in .0A.gp 01.gp.... ?

Nope, the save states are specific to this emulator so you can't interchange them with any others. The SRAM will work with Gens at least if you enable the Big-endian option (only affects cart-based games, CD saves are always in big-endian).

Snatcher crashed when you get into the police car, to go to your first destination, and Batman Returns seems to just freeze on the Sega logo...was looking forward to those two as well..

Snatcher at least should get past that part in the latest update (1.4.25).

I bought this and then relised that every time I launch it its not Optimized for my play.

Can you be more specific? There's a default control layout for Xperia Play users and you can also define your own buttons under Options -> Input -> Key Config
    MD.emu gets Sega CD support in update!!!

HUEAhP7uxgUbYAZxmoMosFpDrYMddkgT8w-a_-oVxag4FH6EvKpit19GVncOnEEMvms=w124

Google Market link

attachment.php

Is it worth it?! ...is it worth it?!

SHINING ************* FORCE CD is shocked and appalled that you'd even ask.
    retroarch has two genesis emus. one has 32x support. worked great for me with darxide
    http://libretro.com/pages/platforms/android

There you go Ozzman. I used the r22 ( ARM) apk
    Be warned, installed it takes up over 100mb internal storage :S