[Q] SCH-i705 VRBMI1 Woes...

Search This thread

canadient

Feb 5, 2014
I have a few questions regarding the SCH-i705 (Verizon LTE Galaxy Tab 2 7.0). I've read through the forums like crazy and I feel I'm at a dead-end knowledge trail.

My only desire is to speed this tablet up. If someone knows of a software tweak or some nice apps I could add through G.Play, I'd love any advise. To simply fix input accuracy and scrolling responsiveness and I'd be really appreciating the thing. Upgrading to VRBMI1 didn't change any of that, so....

"Why not put a custom rom on here?" I always think to myself. And that's okay, but where I normally get into trouble is when I expect it to be simple? That's just crazy...

And then I find out this "Galaxy Tab 2" was deeply different from the other easily rooted and unlocked Galaxy Tab 2 I had previously had some experience with, but since I've already lost you by now I might as well type some random **** that makes you scared and confused by a fractionalized VRBLL2 sized buffalungus that you found on your doorstep this morning. It's hard not to think about how unfair and unfortunate it is the world may never hear of the great buffalungus; that my children, and children's children, or adopted children, if we do so to adopt, which we probably won't, but we better write that into the plan too. Now excuse me for a moment because this carrot up my ass is agitating me. It alone could alter the course of history with this device I better throw some more text in here to cover my trails rambling on about everything but VRBLL2s, rootings, unlocking, and Odinses.

Onto a more serious note, MrHyde03's post detailing instructions for the rooting of the tablet indicate that the instructions are only for version VRBLL2, and his instructions for installing the rooted VRBMI1 rom call for an unlocked bootloader, which requires ROOT to do.

QUESTION 1:
Does anyone have any stock rom App or tweak suggestions to aid in input accuracy and scrolling responsiveness?

QUESTION 2:
Is it possible to downgrade to VRBLL2 somehow?
- A force switch, maybe? (/f, -f, --force) I dunno. Just thinking out loud. I tried to Odin the STOCK VRBLL2 rom with Odin 3.04 which created error and the tablet wouldn't boot. Odined back stock VRBMI1 which got me back up and running, albeit, stock again. Maybe copy some files from the VRBLL2 tarball and stick'em in the VRBMI1 tarball? Start with system.img.ext4?

QUESTION 3:
Has anyone tried to follow the VRBLL2 rooting instructions from a tablet running VRBMI1, did it work, and does this verify or not the *SAMSUNG* signed keys have been changed?

I'm trying to save myself and others from bricking and bring more concise knowledge to the other owners out there.* More knowledge about the process would be fantastic and only add to the wonderful R&D done by MrHyde03 and many others! :good:

tl;dr: [9]

Last edited:

jsdecker10

Jul 9, 2012
The good ol Deep South
I have a few questions regarding the SCH-i705 (Verizon LTE Galaxy Tab 2 7.0). I've read through the forums like crazy and I feel I'm at a dead-end knowledge trail.

My only desire is to speed this tablet up. If someone knows of a software tweak or some nice apps I could add through G.Play, I'd love any advise. To simply fix input accuracy and scrolling responsiveness and I'd be really appreciating the thing. Upgrading to VRBMI1 didn't change any of that, so....

"Why not put a custom rom on here?" I always think to myself. And that's okay, but where I normally get into trouble is when I expect it to be simple? That's just crazy...

And then I find out this "Galaxy Tab 2" was deeply different from the other easily rooted and unlocked Galaxy Tab 2 I had previously had some experience with, but since I've already lost you by now I might as well type some random **** that makes you scared and confused by a fractionalized VRBLL2 sized buffalungus that you found on your doorstep this morning. It's hard not to think about how unfair and unfortunate it is the world may never hear of the great buffalungus; that my children, and children's children, or adopted children, if we do so to adopt, which we probably won't, but we better write that into the plan too. Now excuse me for a moment because this carrot up my ass is agitating me. It alone could alter the course of history with this device I better throw some more text in here to cover my trails rambling on about everything but VRBLL2s, rootings, unlocking, and Odinses.

Onto a more serious note, MrHyde03's post detailing instructions for the rooting of the tablet indicate that the instructions are only for version VRBLL2, and his instructions for installing the rooted VRBMI1 rom call for an unlocked bootloader, which requires ROOT to do.

QUESTION 1:
Does anyone have any stock rom App or tweak suggestions to aid in input accuracy and scrolling responsiveness?

QUESTION 2:
Is it possible to downgrade to VRBLL2 somehow?
- A force switch, maybe? (/f, -f, --force) I dunno. Just thinking out loud. I tried to Odin the STOCK VRBLL2 rom with Odin 3.04 which created error and the tablet wouldn't boot. Odined back stock VRBMI1 which got me back up and running, albeit, stock again. Maybe copy some files from the VRBLL2 tarball and stick'em in the VRBMI1 tarball? Start with system.img.ext4?

QUESTION 3:
Has anyone tried to follow the VRBLL2 rooting instructions from a tablet running VRBMI1, did it work, and does this verify or not the *SAMSUNG* signed keys have been changed?

I'm trying to save myself and others from bricking and bring more concise knowledge to the other owners out there.* More knowledge about the process would be fantastic and only add to the wonderful R&D done by MrHyde03 and many others! :good:

tl;dr: [9]

I'm in the same boat man....any help on this would be greatly appreciated by anyone who can point us in the right direction! =)

jdrudd2

Sep 22, 2010
Kansas City
I'm in the same boat man....any help on this would be greatly appreciated by anyone who can point us in the right direction! =)

I'm in the same group... looking to find a way to unlock the bootloader. Saw MrHyde03's post and his warning about the new VRBMKI1. I bricked my tab. Not a soft-brick, a full-on "will not power on any longer, does not do anything but hold down paper" brick. Managed to take it back and get a new Tab 2. Now, before I screw it up, I'm looking for knowledge. Here's to hoping someone knows a way.

JelloB

Jul 12, 2010
We are the black sheep of this tab. You can find the "one click" root method in one of Hydes threads. If you get rooted you can install setcpu and crank it up some. That's pretty much it tho. I don't think you can unlock the bootloader anymore and even if you could there's nothing worth flashing.

I'll never make the mistake of buying a Verizon tab again. Freaking pariahs over here.