Install CM10.2.1 on S3 T999

Search This thread

Alfred1516

Jun 30, 2013
Can I install CM10.2.1 on my rooted s3 with the UVUENC2 modem? Or which one

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

Alfred1516

Jun 30, 2013
I tried to install it with TWRP and It wont install, dont you have any suggestions

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I tried to install it with TWRP and It wont install, dont you have any suggestions

In the future, it helps a lot if you include more information. Just saying somethings wrong doesn't give anyone much to go on when trying to help. Errors, logs, descriptions of the issue are the first things anyone will ask you for, so it will save you a good bit of time if you include as much as you can in your first post.
In your case, I am just assuming you got a status error related to your firmware build. CM doesn't keep their updater-scripts updated with new firmware versions, so you will have to manually edit the script to either include your firmware version, or delete all "assert" lines. You will also probably need to delete the rom signature files in the meta-inf folder.

Alfred1516

Jun 30, 2013
Is there another way just to flash that?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!

nope. unless someone has posted a fixed version of the rom somewhere in the roms thread. Then you can flash that instead. There is no other way around it though as the very first action taken during flash is to check your firmware version against those included in the script as ok to flash on. If it does not match, it will automatically error out. This was done to prevent people from flashing the rom on older builds which proved to be much more unstable. At the time it was a good idea, but only if they intended to update the scripts every time a new firmware was released. Since they are not doing this, it now causes everyone who updated to newer builds to not be able to flash. You should probably try to address this in the roms thread if it hasnt already been done.

Reactions: Alfred1516

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nope. unless someone has posted a fixed version of the rom somewhere in the roms thread. Then you can flash that instead. There is no other way around it though as the very first action taken during flash is to check your firmware version against those included in the script as ok to flash on. If it does not match, it will automatically error out. This was done to prevent people from flashing the rom on older builds which proved to be much more unstable. At the time it was a good idea, but only if they intended to update the scripts every time a new firmware was released. Since they are not doing this, it now causes everyone who updated to newer builds to not be able to flash. You should probably try to address this in the roms thread if it hasnt already been done.