CM11 HDMI black screen

Search This thread

frannq

Aug 18, 2012
hello everybody! i 've got this problem on my rzr hd with cm11. when i plug the hdmi on tv my phone turns to landscape and the tv got signal but with black screen, on stock firmware works fine. this happening someone? any solution?
tanks for yours answers.
sorry for my english

Last edited:

iBolski

The HDMI code is proprietary code owned by Motorola. They have not released the source for it, so CM11 HDMI will not work. Any ROM that is AOSP-based will not work as they are compiled straight from the AOSP source which does not have the HDMI code. Again, the HDMI code is owned by Motorola and they have not and will not release the source since it's not open-source code.

Reactions: pbosio

kernelmoron

Jun 18, 2013
Bs As
I have an XT925 on cm11 (M5) and HDMI is working without any issues.

Have you actually tried HDMI recently on stock firmware? Perhaps is the actual port that got screwed (been there).

pbosio

Mar 29, 2013
Buenos Aires
I have an XT925 on cm11 (M5) and HDMI is working without any issues.

Have you actually tried HDMI recently on stock firmware? Perhaps is the actual port that got screwed (been there).

I remember testing the HDMI when I first flash CM11 and it was working, but now it doesn't work anymore... maybe it's an issue triggered in some point between M5 and M6 (I'm currently running M6)

Not_A_Dev

Sep 5, 2012
Chitown
I have an xt926 that runs on the Liquidsmooth ROM (AOSP-based, KitKat version) and have no problems with HDMI. It worked on the Jelly Bean version of Liquidsmooth as well.

frannq

Aug 18, 2012
I remember testing the HDMI when I first flash CM11 and it was working, but now it doesn't work anymore... maybe it's an issue triggered in some point between M5 and M6 (I'm currently running M6)

I don't remember if It ever worked on cm base, but I'll try if it works on cm10.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The HDMI code is proprietary code owned by Motorola. They have not released the source for it, so CM11 HDMI will not work. Any ROM that is AOSP-based will not work as they are compiled straight from the AOSP source which does not have the HDMI code. Again, the HDMI code is owned by Motorola and they have not and will not release the source since it's not open-source code.