[ROM] GingerAspire - Rooted 2.3.1 for Acer Netbooks - MARKET WORKS! - Update 19/12/11

Search This thread

sainthalo

Aug 25, 2005
D260-A

Hi thanks for the uploaded files.

I have an E: but its is NTFS so I have changed it in win7 management console to exFAT. There is no option for FAT32 on win7 (due to 4gb file limitation).

I cannot label it Downloads for Android so have labelled it Android (11 character limitation)

Am now downloading the main files.

Will update

sainthalo

Aug 25, 2005
Right guys, here we go. I've had reports this works on netbooks with android removed, so it may work on any h2o BIOS one.

Download this zip: http://db.tt/l9CUU9HV
Extract it and place the files in C:\Program Files\Acer\Android Manager (Make the folder if you need to)
Partition a drive using some partition manager as E: and call it "Downloads for Android"
Download and extract my files from post 2 into E:
Open the exe in the files
Set it up, with it booting into Android
Reboot

on my d260-a i have tried the above but no success
i have e: in exfat and cant call e: "Downloads for Android"
i have tried folder in e: with that name also
no success.
will try to format to fat32 using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

on my d260-a i have tried the above but no success
i have e: in exfat and cant call e: "Downloads for Android"
i have tried folder in e: with that name also
no success.
will try to format to fat32 using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

okay now have e: in fat32
have the two img files in root e:
and in folder called Downloads for Android
have run the c: exe
just doesnt work but i think there is something wrong in setup as I interrupted win7 bootup and it once asked which os i wanted to load

anyone help or shall i buy a 4gb usb and stick chromium on!

Last edited:

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Great Job on the Rom, looking smooth and the fact market works is amazing.

Have you had any luck enabling opengl? Thats the only major thing thats stopping this laptop from playing angry birds lol =)

Regards

ckshah

Dec 6, 2007
Thanks..gread modding..just wanna asking u how to add driver to enable my touch screen.my touch screen from visualtouchworld
thanks

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
i have acer aspire one 138quu netbook. i flashed windows 7 , after that i dont get the nadroid option anywhere....theres no acer android manager which was present earlier ....can u tell me how to get that back so that i can use ur rom?

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
i have acer aspire one 138quu netbook. i flashed windows 7 , after that i dont get the nadroid option anywhere....theres no acer android manager which was present earlier ....can u tell me how to get that back so that i can use ur rom?

use my files earlier on

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
DIDNT GET U????? sorry...... i wanna know how can i get android back on my netbook....i have an e: with those android 2.1 files but i dont have android manager since i lost it when i flashed windows7

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

i mean how can i boot android since i dotn have the acer android manager software which i used to select whether to boot windows or android. i had it earlier when i boght my laptop but after i changed and upgraded my os to windows 7 ultimate from the stock acer windows 7 starter i lost the android management software.....so is there anyway to get it bck coz i want to use ur android 2.3

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
DIDNT GET U????? sorry...... i wanna know how can i get android back on my netbook....i have an e: with those android 2.1 files but i dont have android manager since i lost it when i flashed windows7

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

i mean how can i boot android since i dotn have the acer android manager software which i used to select whether to boot windows or android. i had it earlier when i boght my laptop but after i changed and upgraded my os to windows 7 ultimate from the stock acer windows 7 starter i lost the android management software.....so is there anyway to get it bck coz i want to use ur android 2.3

Android Manager is included in the download a few pages back.

Sent from my Volted Ice Revo using Tapatalk.

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
i extracted the android manager files to c: and ater running the app m not getting any liveupdate tab...... i just get 4 steps setting wat to boot, gmailil account setup yahoo mail account setup and then a finish window. and after setting android to boot,even then theres no android bootup @start, so plz help me........do i need to do something from the bios ?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

i even removed the earlier partition and made a newone again.....oly thing is i coudnt label it to"downloads for android" coz only 11characters r supported in labelling. and earlier there was no such folder in my e: ...the android android files were present directly in e:

sniper.m

Feb 15, 2009
Prague
Hi it works perfectly for me on D257.

Thanks

Just discovered one problem .... angry birds are still not working :(
Have to still play them on PC or HTC Desire HD :-D

Last edited:

sniper.m

Feb 15, 2009
Prague
Quinny > I know that is pre rooted and just need to be install it.
I tryied and it is working fine ;) but with your image I will loose all staf what I have on Android installed. and that I dont want, thats why I would like some step-by-step manual how to root it by myself.

Is it possible?

Thank you

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Quinny > I know that is pre rooted and just need to be install it.
I tryied and it is working fine ;) but with your image I will loose all staf what I have on Android installed. and that I dont want, thats why I would like some step-by-step manual how to root it by myself.

Is it possible?

Thank you

Not easily, you need advanced adb commands and the old su binary, as well as a second computer on the network

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
sniper.m> i get this error
C:\Users\ASPIRE>label E: Downloads for Android(TM)
Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges.
You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.

sniper.m

Feb 15, 2009
Prague
sniper.m> i get this error
C:\Users\ASPIRE>label E: Downloads for Android(TM)
Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges.
You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.

it's simple,

press windows button and in search field type CMD, than u will see CMD do right click on it and run it as administrator

now it should work

Reactions: aarrun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gingeraspire.png

20111125-221441.jpg

Android knows how to give credit in style! :D

**NOW GOT MARKET & GAPPS WORKING!**

This ROM will only work on ACER ASPIRE ONE NETBOOKS THAT CAME WITH ANDROID OUT OF THE BOX!

GingerAspire is a modified version of Insyde's Android 2.3.1 for Acer netbooks. Most of their netbooks will never upgrade Android OS versions, so I am porting from the files provided in the D257 to the rest of the range.

BIG THANKS TO TYNXPL FOR THE FILES FROM THE D257!

The features in the 'working section' should work, as long as you have a Acer Netbook that has the Insyde drivers.

Working:
    Boots
    Installs apps
    WiFi
    GPS
    Google Apps :D
    Live Wallpapers
    Camera
    Downloading files

Watching videos & listening to music - Some work, some need codecs that aren't compatibile with x86
    Bluetooth
    3G

(I don't have the model with Bluetooth and 3G, so if it works, please say below :D)

Doesn't work (yet):
    OpenGL ES (No apps such as Google Music then)
    I couldn't get apps2sd (or different partition) to work

Screenshots:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

What 3rd party apps come with it?
    XDA Free app
    Dolphin Browser HD (replaces stock browser as it actually works)
    Terminal Emulator
    Droid Tips (the home screen tips widget)
    CatLog (for reporting bugs to me)
    GApps (maps, market, gmail etc.)
    YouTube
    Facebook (old one that works)
    Twitter

Download & Install process in post 2
    Download v2

Changelog:
    Fixed market
    Rooted
    Removed root explorer
    Removed better teminal emulator
    Removed Gmail (Force closed)
    Added GO Launcher EX & my MIUI theme & some GO Widgets
    Honeycomb theme on it (themes section in topic coming soon)
    Added ASTRO file manager
    Added ES File Manager
    Christmas'd it up with an advent calendar and live wallpaper
    Adfree (hopefully)
    Added Launcher Pro (for boot to windows icon)
    Added Home2shortcut (double tap home app)
    Added perfect task switcher (Gingerbread-cross-honeycomb task switcher), double tap the windows key to see
    Added One more clock free
    Added Rescan Media
    Added JustPictures

If any accounts are still signed in, inform me via. PM, so I can change their passwords

All added apps can be uninstalled as normal

Install process:
    Boot your netbook into Windows
    Open Acer Configuration Manager for Android
    Go to the 'Live Update' tab
    Change it to not update, or only manually check
    Download the files
    Using a zip extractor, extract the zip file
    Open My Computer (or equivelent) and go to the drive labelled 'Downloads for Android'
    Find var.img and move it to a different drive
    Find q2l.img and move it to a different drive
    Copy var.img and q2l.img from your extracted files to the 'Downloads for Android' drive
    Make sure your netbook is set to boot into Android in Acer Configuration Manager for Android
    Reboot your netbook
    -reserved-

Sent from my D255 using XDA App
    Reserved

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
    Final reserve

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium