Palm pvg100 questions

Search This thread

fatetraitor

Jun 27, 2019
I am seeking an app that would make the power button also the volume button. I have come across several apps that make the volume button turn into the power button but none for the power. Also does anyone know where to get a replacement sim card tray for the PVG100 or if a sim tray from another device would work in it. Thanks

Oct 15, 2019
Hi guys!
I think I found the source code/bootloader for the PVG100. After a whole lot of digging, I now have this .zip from the founder himself, and it is for the original 2018 firmware, not with any of the updates. I'll attach it below.
I am definitely a novice tinkerer, not a developer. I don't have any of the skills or tools to make a custom ROM, though I very much want one to remove the bloatware and enable hotspot tethering etc. Stormskeeker, could you please post whatever you have managed to find so far, or explain how you have been able to tweak it?
I also have a couple of these that are inoperable for various reasons that I have thoroughly dissected. So if anyone needs to buy any of my spare parts, or wants to just know more about the Palm's guts, then hit me up!

This is SUCH a rad little phone. Biggest complaint by far is battery life, and I would LOVE if someone help me figure out how to power this phone with a bigger battery. I found a Oneplus battery has the same connector, but it won't work when I connect it (unless it's plugged in to a wall adapter)... does this have something to do with the firmware not accepting a different battery? Does Anyone know how I can get around this??

https://sourceforge.net/projects/palmopensource/[/url]

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
Sim Tray in Gold for my Palm PVG 100

I am seeking an app that would make the power button also the volume button. I have come across several apps that make the volume button turn into the power button but none for the power. Also does anyone know where to get a replacement sim card tray for the PVG100 or if a sim tray from another device would work in it. Thanks

Hello A Need Also a New Sim Tray in Gold for my Palm PVG 100 i Contacted PAlm They Said:

Palm Support Team (Palm)

Nov 29, 12:38 PST
Hi Davi

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we're not able to provide replacement SIM trays at this time.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Palm Support Team

Pleaze Helph someone how they can put a phone in the market with no simple Replace Parts for this Palm Phone:confused:

Reactions: Mr. JAVI

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello A Need Also a New Sim Tray in Gold for my Palm PVG 100 i Contacted PAlm They Said:

Palm Support Team (Palm)

Hi Davi

Thanks,

Palm Support Team

Pleaze Helph someone how they can put a phone in the market with no simple Replace Parts for this Palm Phone:confused:
There is nothing we can do about your situation, why did you come here to ask about this issue? Don't waste your time here with a question like that.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrrocketdog

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
There is nothing we can do about your situation, why did you come here to ask about this issue? Don't waste your time here with a question like that.

Thanks fo For Quick Feedback

the name of this Thread is Palm pvg100 questions
so thats why i asking here + if you Read up im not the first ho ask about the Sim Tray :good:
for me iz not a waste of time iz about to be Real and find Solutions and nothing hiding

The 2nd Question is to find how and best to Flash a Palm PVG 100 or Root it.

sincerly Greets DEXXO

Reactions: Mr. JAVI

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt

so thats why i asking here + if you Read up im not the first ho ask about the Sim Tray :good:

for me iz not a waste of time iz about to be Real and find Solutions and nothing hiding

sincerly Greets DEXXO
Questions about how to root this device are relevant, but you didn't ask about that in your previous post, did you? No, you didnt, you asked an irrelevant question about the SIM tray that has nothing to do with XDA or what we do here.

My point is, this forum is about android software development and Windows mobile software development. Given that fact, questions posted here in this Palm pvg 100 thread should be questions about Palm pvg 100 software. Your question is about your device's manufacturer and their practices concerning the SIM tray issue. That question is irrelevant here at XDA because it has absolutely nothing to do with android, android software development, Windows mobile, Windows mobile development or the software on your Palm pvg 100.

Sure, your question is related to the Palm pvg 100, but that doesn't mean anything.

If this were an automobile repair forum, the question you posted would be like going to an automotive repair forum to ask why Toyota has stopped making a certain part or making that part available to the public. How would the people in the forum know why Toyota is doing that? They, wouldn't, Toyota would. What could the people in that forum actually do about the availability of that part? Absolutely nothing. So why waste your time asking them if they don't know and can't do anything about it? Do you see my point now?

If you want to know if there is a known rooting method for your device, do a Google search for:

"How to root (your model number)"

If that doesn't find anything, there is not a known rooting method for that device. If you find nothing, you'll have to experiment for yourself to find working method.

If searching doesn't find anything specific, you'll have to try the various universal rooting programs on PC or the various android rooting apps, try all of them that you can possibly find.

If the universal rooting programs or apps don't work, you can try finding a copy of your stock firmware, then extract the boot.img from the firmware then use Magisk on PC to patch the boot.img then flash that boot.img on your device then install the Magisk Manager app on your device. But, if your bootloader is locked, you will not be able to flash the patched boot.img.

If you want to know how to flash your device, do a google search for:

"How to flash stock firmware (your model number)"

Or

"Return to stock (your model number)"

That should find guides for flashing your device.

Notice that the Google searches are simple and to the point,

"How to (the thing you're looking for) (your model number)"

It isn't difficult to use Google to find answers, you just have to keep your search terms simple and direct.

Last edited:
Reactions: hardbodyrichert

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
Questions about how to root this device are relevant, but you didn't ask about that in your previous post, did you? No, you didnt, you asked an irrelevant question about the SIM tray that has nothing to do with XDA or what we do here.

My point is, this forum is about android software development and Windows mobile software development. Given that fact, questions posted here in this Palm pvg 100 thread should be questions about Palm pvg 100 software. Your question is about your device's manufacturer and their practices concerning the SIM tray issue. That question is irrelevant here at XDA because it has absolutely nothing to do with android, android software development, Windows mobile, Windows mobile development or the software on your Palm pvg 100.

Sure, your question is related to the Palm pvg 100, but that doesn't mean anything.

If this were an automobile repair forum, the question you posted would be like going to an automotive repair forum to ask why Toyota has stopped making a certain part or making that part available to the public. How would the people in the forum know why Toyota is doing that? They, wouldn't, Toyota would. What could the people in that forum actually do about the availability of that part? Absolutely nothing. So why waste your time asking them if they don't know and can't do anything about it? Do you see my point now?

If you want to know if there is a known rooting method for your device, do a Google search for:

If that doesn't find anything, there is not a known rooting method for that device. If you find nothing, you'll have to experiment for yourself to find working method.

If searching doesn't find anything specific, you'll have to try the various universal rooting programs on PC or the various android rooting apps, try all of them that you can possibly find.

If the universal rooting programs or apps don't work, you can try finding a copy of your stock firmware, then extract the boot.img from the firmware then use Magisk on PC to patch the boot.img then flash that boot.img on your device then install the Magisk Manager app on your device. But, if your bootloader is locked, you will not be able to flash the patched boot.img.

Or

It isn't difficult to use Google to find answers, you just have to keep your search terms simple and direct.

Thanks for Information all you said about Google etc. I Tryed but for this Model iz Xtream Difficult :p
y even not will find a Stock Firmware to Download lmah crazy :eek:

In My Opinion Samsung Devices are the best Phones and most open about for Rooting and Flashing Roms.

for the nem Palm PVG 100 Devices i also not finding something or how someone has tryed to Root or Flash
a think it will be possible trough SP Flash or something .

Will see, but Anyway i have Realy to Say Thanks to the XDA Devolpers Comunitys for dont let Obsolete so many Phones thrugh
Custom Roms . my Sam. P1000 still runs alot of Apps ho this devices was never Supportet with the Stock Rom

the Best is espacialy for the S4mini iz incredible wha the guys from ASOP Team has done . Oreo on a S4 mini and in a realy Fast Way !
so with this also Thanks to this Guys ho realy thinks in a right decision for All Devices. I am realy not a fan of Updates and New Api,s for Apps
because in this was alot of Phones and more will get faster obsolete etc. Thats why realy Thanks for all this Devs. for the nice Roms.

Greets DEXXO

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks for Information all you said about Google etc. I Tryed but for this Model iz Xtream Difficult [emoji14]

In My Opinion Samsung Devices are the best Phones and most open about for Rooting and Flashing Roms.

for the nem Palm PVG 100 Devices i also not finding something or how someone has tryed to Root or Flash

Will see, but Anyway i have Realy to Say Thanks to the XDA Devolpers Comunitys for dont let Obsolete so many Phones thrugh

Custom Roms . my Sam. P1000 still runs alot of Apps ho this devices was never Supportet with the Stock Rom

the Best is espacialy for the S4mini iz incredible wha the guys from ASOP Team has done . Oreo on a S4 mini and in a realy Fast Way !

so with this also Thanks to this Guys ho realy thinks in a right decision for All Devices. I am realy not a fan of Updates and New Api,s for Apps

because in this was alot of Phones and more will get faster obsolete etc. Thats why realy Thanks for all this Devs. for the nice Roms.

Greets DEXXO
XDA itself is not involved in which devices do or don't get support or custom development.

It is up to the community of members, it is the members that figure out rooting methods and it is members that create the custom developments that are available here. It isn't like XDA has a team of people that are tasked with developing for every single android device model that is created/sold.

Devices that do not have known rooting methods or have no custom development of any kind are due to several reasons, such as:

1) there are not enough users in the community that own the device

2) the device has no stock firmware available and/or does not have a stock source code that is available to the public. Without these, custom ROMs can not be created.

3) there are no users or developers with the experience or skills to create custom software that own the device. Developers only build for devices they personally own and real developers don't buy cheap, off-brand, unpopular devices. If someone here owned a device like yours and had the skills to build ROMs, there would probably already be ROMs for your device.

If your device does not have a stock firmware that is available and has no stock source code available and you do not have the necessary developer skills, you are out of luck when it comes to customizing your device or ever seeing custom development for your device.

If your stock source code was available, you could have tried paying a developer to develop ROMs your device, but it would have required you buying another device like yours and sending that device to the developer so they could use it for testing what they build before releasing their development to the community here.

If you really want to blame someone, blame yourself for buying a device that no developer would ever care about working with.

If you want to be able to customize a device, here is some advice.

1) don't buy cheap, low end, off brand, unpopular devices, it doesn't have to be an expensive flagship device, there are some decent mid-range devices that receive custom development.

2) don't buy a device that does not have stock firmware available and/or has no stock source code available.

3) you are going about it all wrong, don't go buy a device and then come here looking to see if anything is available here for the device. Come here first and see what devices have available development here and what those developments are and use that information to choose which device to go buy and THEN go buy the device.

So, you see, there is a lot more to the story than just.....

"Hey, I got an android device and I'd like to root it and use custom ROMs on it"

Last edited:

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
XDA itself is not involved in which devices do or don't get support or custom development.

It is up to the community of members, it is the members that figure out rooting methods and it is members that create the custom developments that are available here. It isn't like XDA has a team of people that are tasked with developing for every single android device model that is created/sold.

Devices that do not have known rooting methods or have no custom development of any kind are due to several reasons, such as:

1) there are not enough users in the community that own the device

2) the device has no stock firmware available and/or does not have a stock source code that is available to the public. Without these, custom ROMs can not be created.

3) there are no users or developers with the experience or skills to create custom software that own the device. Developers only build for devices they personally own and real developers don't buy cheap, off-brand, unpopular devices. If someone here owned a device like yours and had the skills to build ROMs, there would probably already be ROMs for your device.

If your device does not have a stock firmware that is available and has no stock source code available and you do not have the necessary developer skills, you are out of luck when it comes to customizing your device or ever seeing custom development for your device.

If your stock source code was available, you could have tried paying a developer to develop ROMs your device, but it would have required you buying another device like yours and sending that device to the developer so they could use it for testing what they build before releasing their development to the community here.

If you really want to blame someone, blame yourself for buying a device that no developer would ever care about working with.

If you want to be able to customize a device, here is some advice.

1) don't buy cheap, low end, off brand, unpopular devices, it doesn't have to be an expensive flagship device, there are some decent mid-range devices that receive custom development.

2) don't buy a device that does not have stock firmware available and/or has no stock source code available.

3) you are going about it all wrong, don't go buy a device and then come here looking to see if anything is available here for the device. Come here first and see what devices have available development here and what those developments are and use that information to choose which device to go buy and THEN go buy the device.

So, you see, there is a lot more to the story than just.....

"Hey, I got an android device and I'd like to root it and use custom ROMs on it"

Thanks for the Info

but wich Phone a buy a surely i dont need XDA or Ask about if they have open Codes or Stock Roms:highfive:

this Palm Phone PVG -100 is realy Unic in the hole Marked , because iz small (xtrem and has hightech from today) 8 Core Snap Dr.. alot Ram and iz
incredible Fast . And my Question for Rooting a sutch device iz more about that you can remove some Provider Bloatware. etc.

how said we will see what will come on the Comunity for this Device

Greets D

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks for the Info

but wich Phone a buy a surely i dont need XDA or Ask about if they have open Codes or Stock Roms:highfive:

this Palm Phone PVG -100 is realy Unic in the hole Marked , because iz small (xtrem and has hightech from today) 8 Core Snap Dr.. alot Ram and iz

incredible Fast . And my Question for Rooting a sutch device iz more about that you can remove some Provider Bloatware. etc.

Greets D
Whether or not the stock firmware and stock source code is available or not is absolutely essential to building custom ROMs.

Ok, have it your way then. Continue wasting your time and money on devices that will probably never have anything posted here to root or modify them.

As I said, not all devices get rooting methods and custom development posted here, only the ones owned by people who had the experience to root the device and/or build custom ROMs, they find a rooting method for their device themselves then post the method here or they create custom development for their device themselves then post it here.

You don't understand how things actually work here or where the information posted here actually comes from. It comes from users just like you and I that figure it out for themselves if nothing is here and then post it here for others. There is no way to know which devices will gain root until AFTER it has already been figured out, we can not know BEFORE. We can not look into the future and predict when or if "this" or "that" device will have a rooting method discovered, it can't be done, so there is no point in asking "When will this device have root?" because an answer to that question does not exist.

No one knows which devices will receive development or rooting methods. That depends on who buys one of the devices and if they decide to modify the device, if they have the knowledge to do so.

You will just have to wait and see.

In my honest opinion, that device will probably never have anything useful posted here. I can go ahead and tell you that device is, more than likely, not popular enough to receive support here at XDA.

If you feel like you would like to try and learn how to root the device and learn how to develop custom ROMs and such, by all means, go ahead. You will probably gain root and have custom development for your device sooner if you just do it yourself. Your only other option is to wait to see if someone else figures something out that works on your device, which isn't very likely to happen any time soon. It doesn't matter how cool the device is or what the specs are, if no one with experience buys the device, it doesn't get support in this community.

By the way, depending on the security measures that have been implemented in your devices stock firmware, adb can be used to remove bloatware without root.

Do a Google search for:

"Remove bloatware without root"

You'll find lots of information about using adb to remove bloatware.

Good luck

Reactions: mrrocketdog

snoopy20

Jul 21, 2008
You can disable (for all) or "uninstall" for the current user most the bloatware. A few things are tied to receiving SMS but you can read about the ones you can safely remove in the battery life thread I created. That thread assumes you're not too bothered about automatic updates as they are pushed by verizon.

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
You can disable (for all) or "uninstall" for the current user most the bloatware. A few things are tied to receiving SMS but you can read about the ones you can safely remove in the battery life thread I created. That thread assumes you're not too bothered about automatic updates as they are pushed by verizon.

Yes you can somone disactivate but not all. But on this Verizon PVG-100 the Bloat ware iz not tu mutch.

Oct 15, 2019
We are still working on a root solution. We have a temp root, but can't get into the bootloader.

Thanks for Information all you said about Google etc. I Tryed but for this Model iz Xtream Difficult :p

Greets DEXXO

Last edited:

DEXXO

Nov 12, 2019
....dude...whatever you're trying to ask or trying to do, I can guarantee that this is NOT the forum to do it in. Please don't post on this site anymore unless you have done your research into the topic first, by reading what others have posted, and what info is available for your device. Posting is primarily for discussion and contribution. If everyone just posts any random questions they have without even googling it first, then the threads become completely flooded and then unhelpful for those who are actually trying to discuss something.

And fyi, we are still working on a root solution. We have a temp root, but can't get into the bootloader.

dude i dont know wahts exaclty you wanna show with this what you write , but just for info this Thread is intended for ALL
Questions about the Palm PVG-100 so if you can handle it fine :good: and Rooting iz not the only problem

where you can find a Sim Tray Replace for this phone. (YES A GOOGLET IT ) so if you can helph with this fine too :p

2PiSquared

May 24, 2017
If the phone hasn’t a permanent root yet, does that mean no apks can be extracted from it?

I’m looking to try and figure out how to get the palm launcher on my own device, but I don’t see anyone’s who ported it or extracted it as of yet, and I’d hate to ask someone to try if I know they aren’t able to.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
If the phone hasn’t a permanent root yet, does that mean no apks can be extracted from it?

I’m looking to try and figure out how to get the palm launcher on my own device, but I don’t see anyone’s who ported it or extracted it as of yet, and I’d hate to ask someone to try if I know they aren’t able to.
As long as you do it while the device is rooted, you shouldn't have a problem.

2PiSquared

May 24, 2017
com.tct.pepitolauncher.apk

Thank you, got it on my device!

For anyone trying this themselves, I had to decompile the app, modify the manifest and remove the sharedUserId, and recompile and resign to get it to install. Then I had to give it secure settings permissions via root so it wouldn't crash.

Since my phone is larger and a has a QHD display, the apps were a bit small and it didn't fit well. Changing DPI did not fix, the launcher seems to only look at resolution, not DPI. So, I then changed the resolution of my device to match the Palm and decreased my dpi to make other apps still usable. Not sure what the default palm DPI and text size are, but I found a happy medium for me.

Only issue is for some reason the google search bar up top doesn't appear on the home screen but I can still click the area and get to search, not sure why, but works well otherwise. The left pane on the home screen is also black but I don't know what's supposed to go there. Probably some other dependency I don't know about. Widget pane on the right works though.

Overall pleased, thanks again!

Edit: got it to work perfectly by setting is as a privileged app and turning off dark mode. Left side pane is google now page, and top search bar now appears properly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sim Tray in Gold for my Palm PVG 100

Palm Support Team (Palm)

Hi Davi

Thanks,

Palm Support Team

Palm Support Team (Palm)

Hi Davi

Thanks,

Palm Support Team

sincerly Greets DEXXO

sincerly Greets DEXXO

Or

Thanks for the Info

Greets D
    Whether or not the stock firmware and stock source code is available or not is absolutely essential to building custom ROMs.

Ok, have it your way then. Continue wasting your time and money on devices that will probably never have anything posted here to root or modify them.

As I said, not all devices get rooting methods and custom development posted here, only the ones owned by people who had the experience to root the device and/or build custom ROMs, they find a rooting method for their device themselves then post the method here or they create custom development for their device themselves then post it here.

You don't understand how things actually work here or where the information posted here actually comes from. It comes from users just like you and I that figure it out for themselves if nothing is here and then post it here for others. There is no way to know which devices will gain root until AFTER it has already been figured out, we can not know BEFORE. We can not look into the future and predict when or if "this" or "that" device will have a rooting method discovered, it can't be done, so there is no point in asking "When will this device have root?" because an answer to that question does not exist.

No one knows which devices will receive development or rooting methods. That depends on who buys one of the devices and if they decide to modify the device, if they have the knowledge to do so.

You will just have to wait and see.

In my honest opinion, that device will probably never have anything useful posted here. I can go ahead and tell you that device is, more than likely, not popular enough to receive support here at XDA.

If you feel like you would like to try and learn how to root the device and learn how to develop custom ROMs and such, by all means, go ahead. You will probably gain root and have custom development for your device sooner if you just do it yourself. Your only other option is to wait to see if someone else figures something out that works on your device, which isn't very likely to happen any time soon. It doesn't matter how cool the device is or what the specs are, if no one with experience buys the device, it doesn't get support in this community.

By the way, depending on the security measures that have been implemented in your devices stock firmware, adb can be used to remove bloatware without root.

Do a Google search for:

"Remove bloatware without root"

You'll find lots of information about using adb to remove bloatware.

Good luck