i think battery problem!!!

Search This thread

bubu23

Nov 25, 2006
eilat
everybody say this battery awsome but i cant see this.
my s10 plus ceramic white 512 giga,battery drain very fast ihave only 1 houre screen and its on 80%
i used most of the time facebook,messenger,whats app and i can see every few min the battery drain 1 %
can it be because those app i use drain much power?
im writting alot on those message apps
plz your help how can i know if i have problem or not?
thx

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
my s10 plus ceramic white 512 giga,battery drain very fast ihave only 1 houre screen and its on 80%
i used most of the time facebook,messenger,whats app and i can see every few min the battery drain 1 %
thx

Exynos or Snapdragon? I believe a majority of the Exynos users have reported horrible battery drain on idle (I know of just one exception). On Snapdragon the information is less clear at this stage.

Reactions: mansonstein

Corv0

Feb 28, 2019
Pie takes about a week to get used to your usage, you shouldn't really focus on the battery so much until then.
Also stop using crappy apps, even Facebook can have completely different drains on different phones of the same model, having such crappy apps gives you no right to complain about battery, you're trying to have a healthy life with a parasite inside you.

Some Reddit idiots are using this post to criticize Exynos since they couldn't believe how good battery life is according to official tests, don't give them coal.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
Pie takes about a week to get used to your usage, you shouldn't really focus on the battery so much until then.
Also stop using crappy apps, even Facebook can have completely different drains on different phones of the same model, having such crappy apps gives you no right to complain about battery, you're trying to have a healthy life with a parasite inside you.

Some Reddit idiots are using this post to criticize Exynos since they couldn't believe how good battery life is according to official tests, don't give them coal.

The Facebook app is pretty good on battery life. It's MUCH better than the alternative of viewing Facebook in a web browser. Chrome uses more battery than the Facebook app and Samsung's browser sucks for battery life. And if someone wants to use Facebook or other apps you can crappy why even have such a high end phone?

I'm curious what "official" tests you are referring to? Claims from Samsung? Those never represent real world usage.

Reactions: Jackthikon

Corv0

Feb 28, 2019
The Facebook app is pretty good on battery life. It's MUCH better than the alternative of viewing Facebook in a web browser. Chrome uses more battery than the Facebook app and Samsung's browser sucks for battery life. And if someone wants to use Facebook or other apps you can crappy why even have such a high end phone?

I'm curious what "official" tests you are referring to? Claims from Samsung? Those never represent real world usage.

Seriously? Do you have any idea of how web view apps work?

Facebook is literally a web element viewer, a custom browser with a TON of bloatware around, autoplay, continuous telemetries, and its own message push system. If you think it's good for battery life then your overall battery life probably sucks and you don't even know it.
The alternative is not Chrome but one of the many apps that put together web's mobile facebook and activate messenger options.
So now, since you have a high end phone, you can't use facebook or other apps? Where's your logic?

With official tests I was referring to GSMarena, Mrwhostheboss and many others, that's as official as it gets, since statistics from corporations aren't to be trusted.

Reactions: blackhawk

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA

Facebook is literally a web element viewer, a custom browser with a TON of bloatware around, autoplay, continuous telemetries, and its own message push system. If you think it's good for battery life then your overall battery life probably sucks and you don't even know it.
The alternative is not Chrome but one of the many apps that put together web's mobile facebook and activate messenger options.
So now, since you have a high end phone, you can't use facebook or other apps? Where's your logic?

With official tests I was referring to GSMarena, Mrwhostheboss and many others, that's as official as it gets, since statistics from corporations aren't to be trusted.

The Android Facebook app isn't just a wrapper around a web app. It was in the past but hasn't been for a long time. It's a native Android app. The battery life of the Facebook app is far better than you get in a browser. With the Facebook app I get about 8 minutes per 1% of battery. Chrome, on average, gets about 6 minutes per 1% of battery. That's 33% longer when using the Facebook app.

I'm curious about the other apps you are talking about. I've used one or two Facebook app alternatives in the past and not were as good as the official app.

The battery life tests from GSMArena are basically useless. They don't at all reflect real world usage and even under their very unrealistic test conditions still weren't even close to being accurate.

Look at what the average person is getting. It's not great considering the hardware and what other phones get with lower specs.

Limeybastard

The Android Facebook app isn't just a wrapper around a web app. It was in the past but hasn't been for a long time. It's a native Android app. The battery life of the Facebook app is far better than you get in a browser. With the Facebook app I get about 8 minutes per 1% of battery. Chrome, on average, gets about 6 minutes per 1% of battery. That's 33% longer when using the Facebook app.

I'm curious about the other apps you are talking about. I've used one or two Facebook app alternatives in the past and not were as good as the official app.

The battery life tests from GSMArena are basically useless. They don't at all reflect real world usage and even under their very unrealistic test conditions still weren't even close to being accurate.

Look at what the average person is getting. It's not great considering the hardware and what other phones get with lower specs.
You failed to consider how much the Facebook app drains battery when it's not being used. I can tell you this. With Facebook app installed drain is approx 1.6% hour or more in standby mode with the app deleted it goes down to 0.6 to 1% per hour screen off standby drain. In essence the Facebook app is a battery hog.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackhawk

Corv0

Feb 28, 2019

It's not a web wrapper in that way, but it just borrows XML elements from the same source, it performs better than HTML in that way, but they use the extra performance gain to shove more stuff in the same screen.

8 minutes per % means you can total more than 13h of SoT, so you either have a midrange device with an oversized battery, or your battery calibration isn't on point between start and end of power.
Different people could be more or less active on Facebook, that can influence the kind of content the app processes and its pace, but the biggest problem with their app as Limeybastard mentioned, is the background drain, which is null with an alternative wrapper or web.

Reactions: Limeybastard
You failed to consider how much the Facebook app drains battery when it's not being used. I can tell you this. With Facebook app installed drain is approx 1.6% hour or more in standby mode with the app deleted it goes down to 0.6 to 1% per hour screen off standby drain. In essence the Facebook app is a battery hog.

What if you disable ALL notifications within the app? Does that help?

Corv0

Feb 28, 2019
What if you disable ALL notifications within the app? Does that help?

No, the system still receives them, it just refuses to show them to the user.

If you suspect an app sucking too much power just get rid of it and leave feedback, if you really need to use it then there are utilities like Brevent that can suspend/kill apps at will, they just need adb permissions once.

Reactions: latino147
No, the system still receives them, it just refuses to show them to the user.

If you suspect an app sucking too much power just get rid of it and leave feedback, if you really need to use it then there are utilities like Brevent that can suspend/kill apps at will, they just need adb permissions once.

Is there no easier way to 'freeze' them? Greenify for example?

akira888

Dec 14, 2008
1st Day using my S10 normally.

Battery life is actually very disappointing. The phone feels hot in hand. Exynos chips....

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
thx

If you're getting only 1 hour of SOT you should return the device. That's nowhere near normal battery characteristics for any smartphone.

mac208x

Jun 13, 2009
From my understanding the first few charge cycles will be disappointing until the phone learns your usage patterns. My battery on the pixel 3 xl was horrid when I first got it, barely 2h of screen time but after a week or so I was seeing spikes of 5-6h sot. It's a brand new phone, have to break it in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i thought it was just me. using exynos and i do believe battery drain is crazy
    Turn of sync accounts I do not need, disabled google location accuracy improvement, ofc disabled NFC, put a lot apps to sleep when not in use. Turn battery adaptive mod, disabled Facebook and everything related to Facebook,and apps i do not need. Basically thats it.
    So basically you have a nokia 3310 in your hand with a colored screen :D
    11:23 of SoT on my FIRST full day of use with this phone, optimised profile, 1440p, the adaptive battery is still working around to study my usage, so I expect it to get even better.

So far I'm very satisfied and this is an Exynos, for some reason Snapdragon fanboys are afraid to show their battery usage :)

thx